Login

russian armor

Russian IL2 bombing strike ineffective and slow

11 Sep 2014, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 22:17 PMGreeb

Nobody says it's weak.

But unless your enemy is sleeping is too easy to avoid.
Flares pinpoint the exact point where the bombing will strike and the plane takes too long to arrive.

Guard's button was one of the only things that made IL-2 Bombing Strike appealing, but since button nerf it's only an expensive arty call against emplacements.

You could say the same thing about Railway Artillery. High damage and easily avoided. OST doesn't Have button so would that make Railway useless?
11 Sep 2014, 22:44 PM

Railway artillery is supposed to be an area denial artillery.

IL-2 Bombing Strike is supposed to destroy a single target, which it can't do unless that target had not wheels.
11 Sep 2014, 23:11 PM

It's not under performing. It does a huge amount of damage and can wipe most tanks. Unlike the ost railway or stuka, it drops several bombs accurately.

There are plenty of opportunities that it will work on. Stun, ram, in a spot with bad pathing and AT naded heavy tanks (Eg elefant). The guard lock down is situational. If a heavy hits a mine which is cheap, it's also very vulnerable.

If anything its too effective. It should be quicker but do less AT dmg or drop less bombs.
12 Sep 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 12:05 PMGreeb
With button nerfed, IL-2 has lost most of its usefulness.

Only OKW trucks or PaK 43 emplacements deserve that waste of ammo.

Actually it hit my T4 truck dead on on Minsk. And It took half its health. That my Vet 2 Super Repair kit Sturmpio fixed in about 5 Seconds. Even under Zis fire :D

Yeah waste of 240Muni that. You mean to tell me people still piss away Muni on that ability?
12 Sep 2014, 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's undodgeable if you cast it near your base.
Cast it on the middle of the map or near opponents base, and they have plenty of time to react.
12 Sep 2014, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 22:44 PMGreeb
Railway artillery is supposed to be an area denial artillery.

IL-2 Bombing Strike is supposed to destroy a single target, which it can't do unless that target had not wheels.

oh so the stuka dive bomb is to hit the target 100 % of the time as well then? if its dodged then its dodged no sense complaining about it.

and while button up is no longer the i win button it was its still useful to keep even the fastest units in place for a pummelling from either ATG's or il 2 bombings. you guys ae simply whining to much.
12 Sep 2014, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:43 AMJaigen
and while button up is no longer the i win button it was its still useful to keep even the fastest units in place for a pummelling from either ATG's or il 2 bombings. you guys ae simply whining to much.

I dare you to button a Panther and try to use IL-2 Bomb Strike against it at the middle of the map.
Please, post replay when you achieve that.

Btw, stuka dive bomb doesn't have flares to alert. I think that comparing that with IL-2 Bomb strike doesn't make any sense.
Remove IL-2 flares too and I'll be happy.
12 Sep 2014, 13:50 PM

It has been like this always, why complain now?
12 Sep 2014, 13:56 PM

It has been like this always, why complain now?

Oh I don't know, because the only ability in game that made it actually hit something was nerfed into oblivion, rendering bombing strike completely ineffective in return against anything but static arty and axis don't use that?
12 Sep 2014, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 13:56 PMKatitof

Oh I don't know, because the only ability in game that made it actually hit something was nerfed into oblivion, rendering bombing strike completely ineffective in return against anything but static arty and axis don't use that?

If you dont know, why do you even comment, you piece of gemsbok :snfPeter:
12 Sep 2014, 18:57 PM

If you dont know, why do you even comment, you piece of gemsbok :snfPeter:

Kronosaur0s, is answer was legit, don't troll.

We are complaining because IL-2 Bomb strike was only useful against non-static emplacements thanks to Guard's button. Only stupidly slow things like an Elefant can still.

Take away button and the ability is just useful to destroy OKW trucks, which it isn't even needed due to the late stage of the game where you unlock it.

Nerfing button indirectly nerfed Bomb Strike a lot.
12 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 18:57 PMGreeb

Kronosaur0s, is answer was legit, don't troll.

We are complaining because IL-2 Bomb strike was only useful against non-static emplacements thanks to Guard's button. Only stupidly slow things like an Elefant can still.

Take away button and the ability is just useful to destroy OKW trucks, which it isn't even needed due to the late stage of the game where you unlock it.

Nerfing button indirectly nerfed Bomb Strike a lot.

so once again greeb what is stuka bombing supposed to do? germans have no button up at all. it doesnt matter that button wes nerfed you still have it compared to the germans.
12 Sep 2014, 20:54 PM
Patrion 14

First of all, I am glad that the button nerf happened, because now we can actually discuss this ability for what it is. It's still good for destroying a destroyed engine'd tank and taking out half a flak base truck's HP but that's about it.

Drop time is too greatly dependent on how close you are to your edge of the map, IMO. No manner of airplane speed up will help this variance. So here's an idea : make it come without smoke.

Give it a cue like the Stuka precision bomb has - a sound, the narrator warning you that an aeroplane is on the map SOMEWHERE or (easier to implement, since no voiceover needs to be recorded) an ingame text message in the left side of the screen like "unit sniped", or maybe light up the sector where it's called in.
12 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM

First: Why is every German Air-Bombing Ability allowed to be stronger than the Russian Bombing Strike? They have only 1 (!!!!!) bombing Strike and too slow or the Flares must go!

Second: It costs 240 Ammo. So it can be allowed to destroy a Tank or more! The Critic of this only have fear. But fear istn objective!

Third: Button of Guards + 240 ammo = TOO expensive!!!!!
12 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM
13 Sep 2014, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 19:38 PMJaigen

so once again greeb what is stuka bombing supposed to do? germans have no button up at all. it doesnt matter that button wes nerfed you still have it compared to the germans.

Well, you can remove the flares, like stuka dive bomb, or just show one flare at a random distance where the bomb is going to land.

Currently, 4 flares marking the exact landing point + the long time it takes the plane to reach the zone makes useless the ability against anything that can move.

It's 200 ammo. Other factions have for that price stupid things like Close the pocket artillery.
13 Sep 2014, 11:09 AM

??? Stuka dive bomb has a incredible long and loud sound and in my opinion, its obvious where it is going to fall, lol.
Also, like IL2 strike, it cant be used on moving targets and also when you call it on top of enemy units, enemy units will shout *airplanes coming*!! or something like that.
Just move units a bit and voilá, munitions wasted, like IL2.
13 Sep 2014, 12:12 PM

??? Stuka dive bomb has a incredible long and loud sound and in my opinion, its obvious where it is going to fall, lol.
Also, like IL2 strike, it cant be used on moving targets and also when you call it on top of enemy units, enemy units will shout *airplanes coming*!! or something like that.

Even so, it's much easier to notice 4 red flares pinpointing the exact landing zone that an high pitched sound that roughly indicates that a bomb is coming.

If you are convinced that stuka dive bomb sound is as noticeable as the flares, then I don't know why are you arguing. Just support IL-2 Bomb Strike having the same sound warning since you think that it doesn't gives any advantage in relation to flares.
13 Sep 2014, 12:25 PM

Let me be clear: U are not interested to Buff soviets cause u are a mainly Ost/Okw Player and u are fighting for y o u r Interests? ;)
13 Sep 2014, 12:45 PM

I don't know you, but I don't hear the bomb until the second 00:17, and the bombs hits at 00:22.
That's 5 effective seconds to retreat, not enough for support units as you can see.

Meanwhile...

:facepalm:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight