Login

russian armor

Stormpioneers post patch

10 Sep 2014, 11:33 AM

Sturmpios were okayish last patch, haven't had a chance to play them this patch but IMO they only needed a tiny tone down in terms of DPS so they didn't eat enemies quite as effectively, this seems a bit too far.

Sturmpios' problem is that they raped all soviet non-doctrinal infantry, forcing soviets to spam maxim/sniper. But that should have been fixed buffing conscripts and penals.

Now sturmpios are nerfed, penals are the same and conscripts are even worse. Instead of fixing one problem, they created one more.
10 Sep 2014, 12:27 PM
Benefactor 115

10 Sep 2014, 12:30 PM

So here we can see by IpKai's graph that the Sturmpioneers did in fact receive a devastating nerf to overall effectiveness, thereby making them useless.
10 Sep 2014, 12:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The odd thing is, Relic implied they would shift the Sturm's optimal range towards mid and away from short, from the patch notes, but the graphs just show a straight-up nerf in all ranges between point blank and max range.
10 Sep 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:30 PMSierra
So here we can see by IpKai's graph that the Sturmpioneers did in fact receive a devastating nerf to overall effectiveness, thereby making them useless.

Lets keep ignoring they didn't received survivability buff!
10 Sep 2014, 12:45 PM

Not useless at all, but maybe such nerf was unnecesary.
10 Sep 2014, 12:45 PM
Benefactor 115

When compared against other weapons they are still very powerful, they also had a reduced received accuracy modifier applied to them which increases their survivability. The modifier reduces damage from small arms sources by 0.87 which is quite significant.

A conscript squad for example at max range deals 4.38 dps however while shooting at a sturmpioneer squad they will only deal 3.81 dps.
10 Sep 2014, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:40 PMKatitof
Lets keep ignoring they didn't received survivability buff!

Oh right, I forgot guys, Katitof is slow in the head.

I'll put it in all bold and caps in pretty colors so you understand.

SURVIVABILITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE COMPLETE LACK OF ABILITY TO DO DAMAGE OUTSIDE OF HUGGING DISTANCE, THE ONLY EXCEPTION IN THIS CASE IS SHOCKTROOPS WHO HAVE 1.5 ARMOR AND SMOKE GRENADES AS WELL AS FRAG GRENADES AND CAN LITERALLY OUT TANK A 222 ARMORED CAR!

Does that get through your skull now?
10 Sep 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:48 PMSierra

Oh right, I forgot guys, Katitof is slow in the head.

I'll put it in all bold and caps in pretty colors so you understand.

SURVIVABILITY DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE COMPLETE LACK OF ABILITY TO DO DAMAGE OUTSIDE OF HUGGING DISTANCE, THE ONLY EXCEPTION IN THIS CASE IS SHOCKTROOPS WHO HAVE 1.5 ARMOR AND SMOKE GRENADES AS WELL AS FRAG GRENADES AND CAN LITERALLY OUT TANK A 222 ARMORED CAR!

Does that get through your skull now?

If being better than most infantry is "lack of ability to do damage" in your eyes, then I don't really know what are you looking for in units to consider them good - constant 40 dps across all ranges?

Also, if you use Sturmpioneers like an SMG unit (at "hugging range") - sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

And the last thing, while I often disagree with what Katitof says, he does have a point here - you can't ignore the pretty significant survivability buff they got.
10 Sep 2014, 12:59 PM

@Sierra, you should try conscripts to see what is really a useless unit.
10 Sep 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:59 PMGreeb
@Sierra, you should try conscripts to see what is really a useless unit.

Hm.... I see your conscript challenge, and raise you a Volksgrenadier...and old Ostruppen.

Also, if you use Sturmpioneers like an SMG unit (at "hugging range") - sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

Actually I used them at mid-range to close-range, they were beaten by conscripts and combat engineers, despite being at mid range and behind cover... the Soviet units standing out in the open.
10 Sep 2014, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 13:00 PMSierra

Actually I used them at mid-range to close-range, they were beaten by conscripts and combat engineers, despite being at mid range and behind cover... the Soviet units standing out in the open.

Then you were either pretty unlucky or you're lying.
10 Sep 2014, 13:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Agree with Sierra. Everytime I see Sturmpioneers, they lose against everything. Totally overnerfed and useless now. #ggrelic
10 Sep 2014, 13:14 PM

Updated the post with Ipkai's image.

Like I said in the beginning post. The survivability buff is no excuse for the hefty dps nerf. For a flanking and offensive unit the dps is more important than the survivability.
They work in synergy with volks, volks take the damage, Sturmpios do the damage. Like a spear and a shield.
Their name implies their role - storm and break the enemy lines.
10 Sep 2014, 13:17 PM

Then you were either pretty unlucky or you're lying.

Pretty sure I can consistently make it happen. I may be many things, a half-troll, a stupidly serious and pragmatic brick wall of a person, an Axis purist player. That said I am NOT a liar.
10 Sep 2014, 13:22 PM

people forget what is the base of OKW build. They need crack troops in order to compensate the vehicles handicap. If we give them Ostheer-like infantry units, we can say good bye to balance. Sturmpios are just one example. What about the Obersoldaten armor conversion tu "received accuracy", and so on.
For better understanding, for people playing mostly with soviets: imagine you will have to play this faction - which is spam-based - without spaming anything. Wouldn't be a little... unplayable?
10 Sep 2014, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 12:20 PMGreeb

Great contribution to the discussion. :thumb:

Your whining has not contributed anything so far. you cannot win from the sp that your own fault.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★