Login

russian armor

Wermacht Medic Pack

9 Sep 2014, 15:22 PM

For a veterancy 1 ability I have to be honest and say it is a awesome skill to have. However, the animation for this skill takes quite some times and leaves both the healing as well as healed squad vulnerable to attacks. Though this isn't a major issue in the game, I was hoping to see if everyone else agreed with me on regards of the much-too-long healing process (and this doesn't even include the actual healing that takes another brief period of time).
9 Sep 2014, 15:23 PM
9 Sep 2014, 16:05 PM

I always use it to heal my snipers. And it does take too long, yes.
9 Sep 2014, 16:09 PM

For 5 (10?) ammo more you can heal 3+ squads extra fast, can do it in combat and have your units get stacking offensive/defensive bonuses. But I digress.

Yes the Wehrmacht infantry vet 1 ability sucks ass. It is the worst veterancy ability in the game. I suggest making it heal the squad itself or another squad out of combat and have it be cheaper. Perhaps make it like the OKW medic pack drop, but turn it into 1 pack for 15 ammo.
9 Sep 2014, 16:36 PM

I believe once the medpack animation starts you can move the squad applying the medpack away to cancel the long animation and trigger the healing buff immediately.
9 Sep 2014, 16:37 PM

For 5 (10?) ammo more you can heal 3+ squads extra fast, can do it in combat and have your units get stacking offensive/defensive bonuses. But I digress.

Yes the Wehrmacht infantry vet 1 ability sucks ass. It is the worst veterancy ability in the game. I suggest making it heal the squad itself or another squad out of combat and have it be cheaper. Perhaps make it like the OKW medic pack drop, but turn it into 1 pack for 15 ammo.

I think it isn't really a bad vet skill (compared to Soviet tripwire) it just takes too long to start. I also like to keep skills as it is compared to making it similar to another alternative so I am leaning towards just tweaking the animation instead.
9 Sep 2014, 16:53 PM

Soviet flare trip mines are a lot better than Ostheer med pacs. I use them all the time, they get a kill about half the time and they give some nice vision. Placing some down on flanking routes or at the front line after a big push will give you great vision in the events of a counter attack. This allows you to set up your support weapons in the right direction and use barrages on targets that you otherwise would not have seen. You can also place one every time you cap a point, leading to some nice kills and recon on what squad is capping your points.

Edit: Now medpacks on the other hand, their utility is very low at the moment. It could be greatly improved by making it a single droppable med-kit. Place it behind a building prior to an attack, and soft retreat one of your units back to it when their health starts to drop. Heal up and get back into the fight! At the moment, you have to soft retreat 2 squads at the same time, which will probably end up with you losing the battle and having to retreat back to your base. And there you have a med-bunker, making the ability redundant.
9 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM

I don't use it in battle, but the animation makes that hard to do. It is very cool and helpful to use in the midst of a fight though.

Most vet abilities are pretty inconsistent though. Some can change games like target weak point and Heat rounds for Jacksons, and others seem like they were thrown in at the last minute like Capture mode on soviet tanks.
9 Sep 2014, 17:07 PM

Soviet flare trip mines are a lot better than Ostheer med pacs. I use them all the time, they get a kill about half the time and they give some nice vision. Placing some down on flanking routes or at the front line after a big push will give you great vision in the events of a counter attack. This allows you to set up your support weapons in the right direction and use barrages on targets that you otherwise would not have seen. You can also place one every time you cap a point, leading to some nice kills and recon on what squad is capping your points.

Edit: Now medpacks on the other hand, their utility is very low at the moment. It could be greatly improved by making it a single droppable med-kit. Place it behind a building prior to an attack, and soft retreat one of your units back to it when their health starts to drop. Heal up and get back into the fight! Now you have to soft retreat 2 squads at the same time, which will probably end up with you losing the battle and having to retreat back to your base. And there you have a med-bunker, making the ability redundant.

I stand corrected. I never knew the tripwire actually kills.
9 Sep 2014, 17:50 PM

Wehrmacht's medical pack is too expensive for my tastes.

20 munitions each pack and it takes a while to use them means there's a pretty high opportunity and munitions cost.

Soviet Trip Wire Flares are actually really good if you have the "macro" to keep up with them. Each flare averages one model killed (some none, some 2). I've seen tripwire flares kill half a Fallscrimjager squad when they were too bunched up as they rounded a corner. It's good stuff.

Perhaps most valuable is the intel though. Plant them on every road and every path and you'll know every enemy movement. A certain part of the Soviet mid-game tends to be Soviets holding ground that they gained early game and trying to weather the storm until heavier armor can arrive. Trip wire flares let you prepare for the enemy effectively while sapping their strength.

I'm like massively off topic now though.

Medical packs are very limited utility. They're okay. It's actually probably fine for them to have a very niche use anyways. Wehrmacht has plenty of good places to spend munitions.

The new patch may see a resurgence of Ostruppen as well. The 6 man squads will benefit greatly from medical packs. We'll see.
9 Sep 2014, 19:35 PM

Wehrmacht's medical pack is too expensive for my tastes.

20 munitions each pack and it takes a while to use them means there's a pretty high opportunity and munitions cost.

Soviet Trip Wire Flares are actually really good if you have the "macro" to keep up with them. Each flare averages one model killed (some none, some 2). I've seen tripwire flares kill half a Fallscrimjager squad when they were too bunched up as they rounded a corner. It's good stuff.

Perhaps most valuable is the intel though. Plant them on every road and every path and you'll know every enemy movement. A certain part of the Soviet mid-game tends to be Soviets holding ground that they gained early game and trying to weather the storm until heavier armor can arrive. Trip wire flares let you prepare for the enemy effectively while sapping their strength.

I'm like massively off topic now though.

Medical packs are very limited utility. They're okay. It's actually probably fine for them to have a very niche use anyways. Wehrmacht has plenty of good places to spend munitions.

The new patch may see a resurgence of Ostruppen as well. The 6 man squads will benefit greatly from medical packs. We'll see.

I suppose I should start focusing more about tripwires then :S They sound like a much better deal than I thought they were.

Yes, I am greatly excited about Ostruppen. Did you make sense of the 1.25 received accuracy? Does this mean they take extra accuracy from enemies?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★