Login

russian armor

Scummy Soviet units

8 Sep 2014, 15:37 PM

poor lolcake, all he did was fight for the right cause on this corrupted realm infested by stalinist apologists.

But fear not, for lolcake will rise again, he will be back from the dead, rise from his grave, and spread the words of the RNG gods through the realm of coh org. And then he will depart this hellhole, and he will live with the RNG gods for eternity, until one day, the entire RNG instruction will cease to function, for it will mark the end of coh2. And all that is RNG will cease to exist, and all that is vetlolcake will spread throughout by then, a jelly mass, known as coh 2 automatch. All that is vetlolcake will travel in huge speeds across the fields of langreskaya, semoisky and la gleize, nerfing all that is allies and buffing all that is axis.
By then, all of those who defend allies , will have either quit the game or shuddering in fear, for the realm of coh 2 will have been collapsing, without a leader, they will squander like pigs and break apart, and no one will then be left to defend maxims and snipers and US riflemen will completely be removed from the game. The few that will still persist, will be hanged and smashed by the RNG gods themselves and all that is allies will be removed.

The tale of vetlolcake, a tale to be told.
8 Sep 2014, 16:26 PM

Man someone needs to start "The Banned" clan. They all have their Banner ID's if they never get removed when banned.
8 Sep 2014, 19:04 PM

If you notice he's 20th in the world, it might be less hard to believe him.

Ratio has less relevance than position when talking about the Soviets and Ostheer. Players could have had losses when they started playing then got better. Their improvement would lead to a higher position while their ratio remains weak.

I think you should focus on him being 20th in The World as Soviets and saying "I think Soviets are cheesy OP BS" rather than his ratio. If he's good enough to get to such a high position (and probably could go much higher if he played Sovs more), he probably knows Soviets well enough to know what he's talking about and for people to listen. Even if he's saying what you don't want to hear.

"the Soviet faction has the most abusive elements of the game right now" ~ OPKommandowest. Rank 20 as Soviets.

Maybe it's time for you to try some other factions, Greeb.

I'm not doubting his opinion about balance. I said that he's undoubtely a MUCH better player than me in all factions. But the huge disparity in ratio in their 2vs2 random games is too strange for him to say later that soviets are easy to win with.
I'd expect that with the so called "abusive faction" he would have a huge number of victories. I find strange to complain about one faction being overpowered and abusive when you are wining 9 out of 10 games against them, and probably being paired against the best allied players in the ranking.

My theory is that probably that ratio is because is much easier to find a random OKW partner that can be useful (just blobing volks with schrecks and obers) than a random soviet player who knows what to do.

I also play lots of 2vs2 random games and it amazes me to see the HUGE number of real noobs who play soviets (those players who need 3 minutes to move their first unit and the first thing that he does is capping a VP, or that they make two fuel caches before building a second unit, etc). Seems that Soviet is the magnet faction for noobs, due maybe that the singleplayer campaign is played with them and then is the first faction they learn to use.

I'm curious and I'd want to know if their ratio disparity is due a bad teammates or perhaps is just because he played soviets months ago when he wasn't so good player, as you said Bulgakov.
8 Sep 2014, 19:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

He's also only talking about the current state of balance. That state of balance does not even nearly encompass all of those soviet games. Many (if not most) of them were probably played in other versions.
8 Sep 2014, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 19:04 PMGreeb

I'm not doubting his opinion about balance. I said that he's undoubtely a MUCH better player than me in all factions. But the huge disparity in ratio in their 2vs2 random games is too strange for him to say later that soviets are easy to win with.
I'd expect that with the so called "abusive faction" he would have a huge number of victories. I find strange to complain about one faction being overpowered and abusive when you are wining 9 out of 10 games against them, and probably being paired against the best allied players in the ranking.

My theory is that probably that ratio is because is much easier to find a random OKW partner that can be useful (just blobing volks with schrecks and obers) than a random soviet player who knows what to do.

I also play lots of 2vs2 random games and it amazes me to see the HUGE number of real noobs who play soviets (those players who need 3 minutes to move their first unit and the first thing that he does is capping a VP, or that they make two fuel caches before building a second unit, etc). Seems that Soviet is the magnet faction for noobs, due maybe that the singleplayer campaign is played with them and then is the first faction they learn to use.

I'm curious and I'd want to know if their ratio disparity is due a bad teammates or perhaps is just because he played soviets months ago when he wasn't so good player, as you said Bulgakov.

I'm curious too actually. It is a very low ratio...

It could also be because in the past Ostheer was at times the monster faction with non-doctrinal elefant, Panzerterminators and Flamer HT at T2.

Also, Soviets aren't THAT overpowered. The problem is the cheese-units forcing you to play mega-boring strats to counter them. The Soviets aren't auto-win and axis has lots of nice stuff too. It's just the soul-destroying cheese units, which take little micro but force the axis to dance the devil's dance.

Your theory about noob-magnet faction is strong. Teammates are a major factor in 2v2. Other theories (and I may be wrong) are he was playing sovs in a bad-for-sovs patch or he was playing drunk a lot or he played sovs when OKW came out and nobody knew what to do about sturmpios. It could be anything. Still, his position tells us he's very good with soviets.
8 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 15:37 PMBurts
poor lolcake, all he did was fight for the right cause on this corrupted realm infested by stalinist apologists.

But fear not, for lolcake will rise again, he will be back from the dead, rise from his grave, and spread the words of the RNG gods through the realm of coh org. And then he will depart this hellhole, and he will live with the RNG gods for eternity, until one day, the entire RNG instruction will cease to function, for it will mark the end of coh2. And all that is RNG will cease to exist, and all that is vetlolcake will spread throughout by then, a jelly mass, known as coh 2 automatch. All that is vetlolcake will travel in huge speeds across the fields of langreskaya, semoisky and la gleize, nerfing all that is allies and buffing all that is axis.
By then, all of those who defend allies , will have either quit the game or shuddering in fear, for the realm of coh 2 will have been collapsing, without a leader, they will squander like pigs and break apart, and no one will then be left to defend maxims and snipers and US riflemen will completely be removed from the game. The few that will still persist, will be hanged and smashed by the RNG gods themselves and all that is allies will be removed.

The tale of vetlolcake, a tale to be told.

The cake approves of this Prophecy.
8 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM

It could also be because in the past Ostheer was at times the monster faction with non-doctrinal elefant, Panzerterminators and Flamer HT at T2.

They started playing with WFA.

Also, Soviets aren't THAT overpowered. The problem is the cheese-units forcing you to play mega-boring strats to counter them. The Soviets aren't auto-win and axis has lots of nice stuff too. It's just the soul-destroying cheese units, which take little micro but force the axis to dance the devil's dance.

Cool way to phrase "soviet stuff stinks except for cheese-units which I hate that are the only way to win"

Your theory about noob-magnet faction is strong. Teammates are a major factor in 2v2. Other theories (and I may be wrong) are he was playing sovs in a bad-for-sovs patch or he was playing drunk a lot or he played sovs when OKW came out and nobody knew what to do about sturmpios. It could be anything. Still, his position tells us he's very good with soviets.

It's more like because 2vs2 (and higher) search is pretty much at a constant 100% axis, if you start searching random as allies, the game will instantly match you to the next guy (who probability wise will be quite low in rank) who joins the queue on allies because the axis guys have been running the search for ages and apparently Relic thinks fast matches are important even when they're utter shit.

Getting high up on the random team game ladders is generally not hard at all, if you just spam games it seems like you always end up going up the ladder now matter how much you win or lose. The ELO rating is pretty damn broken for team games.
9 Sep 2014, 00:17 AM

i quite agree with the core unit sucking for soviets, but also more with factional balance are not refined yet. this is coming from a soviet perspective.

for example, t34 is a great tank but the reason why it has a very small window of opportunity is because of the laser accuracy of schrecks and their availability on every single volks squad who are spammed.

there are more, like lmg spam for ost, pathetic core infantry choices for soviets. its hard to be really creative using soviets.

every game is a constant rush for soviets to try to counter german long range superiority, by means of tanks, sniper and hmgs. its no wonder why soviets must cheese. in a straight up fight, soviets will lose out in dps output regardless of range.
9 Sep 2014, 00:56 AM

I honestly think the Soviet arsenal is compromised of many different things that you can either use to build a creative strategy(less-likely to win), a winning strategy(obvious is obvious), and a weird strategy(you're gonna lose).
9 Sep 2014, 04:51 AM

Did we see the same vid?

OKW domination was clear

The ISU is great vs infantry but doesn't help to win at all, one jagdpanzer was keeping away 2 ISU 152.

ISU is call in as is Jagzpanzer, what's the deal?

And you will ask what about sniper? I will answer What about the Stuka? or the crappy IL bombing strike which couldn't kill a half track (lmao)

The only true thing is soviet infantry is just crap. No wonder you see maxim and sniper tech, they are just better and more usefull... but not OP at all..
9 Sep 2014, 08:39 AM

Did we see the same vid?

OKW domination was clear

The ISU is great vs infantry but doesn't help to win at all, one jagdpanzer was keeping away 2 ISU 152.

ISU is call in as is Jagzpanzer, what's the deal?

And you will ask what about sniper? I will answer What about the Stuka? or the crappy IL bombing strike which couldn't kill a half track (lmao)

The only true thing is soviet infantry is just crap. No wonder you see maxim and sniper tech, they are just better and more usefull... but not OP at all..
The Maxim is actually OP. The best thing to do is to nerf suppression a bit then buff penals and give cons some scalability.
9 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM

Dear admins,

Stop locking lolcakes threads, you guys have no humour?

Enjoy popcorn,
Porygon
9 Sep 2014, 10:08 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Dear admins,

Stop locking lolcakes threads, you guys have no humour?

Enjoy popcorn,
Porygon

Well talk to the Admins, maybe they will create a subforum just for whiner bullshit so you can enjoy the whole bundle there!

The balance forums should be free from that!
9 Sep 2014, 10:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This version of lolcake isn't funny though

Just annoying
9 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM

Soviets really can't win this argument. We had a while when soviets could beat pg's with ppshs in close combat but then the threads started coming

"Soviet inf was bad historicaly!"

"why does cons beat grens!"

So it's more or less gg for soviets. Either you have on par/good soviet infantry and get theese whine threads about soviet infantry being inferior or learn to endure the cheese strats.
9 Sep 2014, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2014, 12:04 PMMackie
Soviets really can't win this argument. We had a while when soviets could beat pg's with ppshs in close combat but then the threads started coming

"Soviet inf was bad historicaly!"

"why does cons beat grens!"

So it's more or less gg for soviets. Either you have on par/good soviet infantry and get theese whine threads about soviet infantry being inferior or learn to endure the cheese strats.

that is the worst part, when people say they are supposed to be bad because of history...

Both are the human species. it is not like Slavs had an IQ of 80 while Germans had an IQ of 110 or something. They weren't inferior in any way. The game isn't set in 1941, it is set in 11944/1945 where SOviets were crushing the shit out of the Axis
9 Sep 2014, 12:36 PM

that is the worst part, when people say they are supposed to be bad because of history...

Both are the human species. it is not like Slavs had an IQ of 80 while Germans had an IQ of 110 or something. They weren't inferior in any way. The game isn't set in 1941, it is set in 11944/1945 where SOviets were crushing the shit out of the Axis

People use that argument, because they are retarded.

If we had it historically, like axis fanboys praise and want it so much, conscripts would be free 20 man squads that arrive automatically every 30 secs and T34/76 would cost as much as M5.
9 Sep 2014, 12:37 PM

If we had it historically, like axis fanboys praise and want it so much, conscripts would be free 20 man squads that arrive automatically every 30 secs and T34/76 would cost as much as M5.
I like that idea. Of course give us pak40 that one hit them as well :D
9 Sep 2014, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2014, 12:37 PMsteel
I like that idea. Of course give us pak40 that one hit them as well :D

There is a game where you have it. It's called Men of War.

Here I like how they made fuel-starved faction, but soviets initial design is pretty bad one.
9 Sep 2014, 13:34 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

That would also mean, that one Panther and a few Grens/Panzergrens could stop it :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★