Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadier needs a buff

5 Sep 2014, 12:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sure, but who will be affected the most by those LMG nerfs?

1) Ostheer, LMG Grens: The only combat-infantry unit used, backbone of every game. LMGs are a must have.

2) Soviets, Guards: Doctrinal, and even then I dont always upgrade them. Half of the games though, you dont use the DP at all.

3) USA, Rifles: Riflemen are the strongest standard infantry in the game, they are strong even without LMGs.

So through the backdoor you would nerf Ostheer - the weakest faction of the game - even further.

He's saying the LMGs that are making the ostheer weak currently will be nerfed,therefore,making the ostheer stronger,even if it means nerfing the LMG42. No one will have a GREAT LMG anymore and that will benefit the ostheer since grens and pgrens wont get absoulutely smashed by vet riflemen BAR blobs anymore.

They probably still wont have the advantage since riflemen are supposed to be the best mainline infantry in the game. Its the way the faction was designed. its just right now the gap is too big.

And im pretty sure rifles without bars will not beat pgrens unless the pgrens are in open or charge across red cover to them.
5 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

He's saying the LMGs that are making the ostheer weak currently will be nerfed,therefore,making the ostheer stronger,even if it means nerfing the LMG42. No one will have a GREAT LMG anymore and that will benefit the ostheer since grens and pgrens wont get absoulutely smashed by vet riflemen BAR blobs anymore.

They probably still wont have the advantage since riflemen are supposed to be the best mainline infantry in the game. Its the way the faction was designed. its just right now the gap is too big.

And im pretty sure rifles without bars will not beat pgrens unless the pgrens are in open or charge across red cover to them.
I know what he meant. Tbh. I think that´s a nerf through the backdoor to Ostheer. Riflemen can be countered by MG42 set up. You don´t have to face mortars and snipers or even maxims like you have versus the Russians. The US LMGs aren´t that much of a problem for me.

Soviets on the other hand would profit greatly from that. They hardly rely on LMGs. They usually have to face them in form of Gren LMGs. A Panzergrenadier doesn´t get anything from this versus Russians.

This would mean:

- Weaker US forces... bad, as they already lack the late game punch.
- The same situation for Ostheer versus the Russians. Only that you now have weaker LMGs. Panzergrenadiers remain piss poor.
5 Sep 2014, 12:41 PM
Donator 11

Relic buffed them recently and they where in a good state and noone complained, then relic nerfed them because reasons and now they suck thx relic
5 Sep 2014, 13:56 PM

Weaker long range LMGs and weaker long range DPS of riflemen would, however, mean that the US/Soviet units get closer to Ost units. This means they are also closer to Panzergrenadiers.
Lower riflemen long range DPS also means Panzergrenadiers can get closer.

I'd say Panzergrenadiers are certainly candidates to be looked at but doing so before other rumored changes could be just as devastating (judging by the overnerfs normally following overbuffs).

Another thing about them is that in some other threads it has been pointed out by people very familiar with the stats that charging in PGrens might actually be the wrong thing to do and keeping them in cover around mid-range might be a better use.
5 Sep 2014, 14:08 PM

Bit of an armor or received accuracy buff ahould help them. For a 320 MP assault squad, they are too fragile. Their damage and cost seems right. If Shocks can stay competitive in the current meta, I see no reason for PGrens not to be with a buff.

Then again, it's also a symptom of LMGs being very powerful at the moment, so LMG42 grens seem to vastly outperform PGrens in most situations, and most of the elite infantry PGrens face save Shocks have a tendency to use LMGs (Guards, Rifles, Paras) so they still lose.

Maybe they could also gain an ability that helps them assault enemy positions. Smoke is overused, how about an activated suppression resistance or mini-sprint?
5 Sep 2014, 14:10 PM

Sure, but who will be affected the most by those LMG nerfs?

1) Ostheer, LMG Grens: The only combat-infantry unit used, backbone of every game. LMGs are a must have.

2) Soviets, Guards: Doctrinal, and even then I dont always upgrade them. Half of the games though, you dont use the DP at all.

3) USA, Rifles: Riflemen are the strongest standard infantry in the game, they are strong even without LMGs.

So through the backdoor you would nerf Ostheer - the weakest faction of the game - even further.

Well this is just wrong. Anytime you get guards you get the DP's because then they Guards unit can actually win at long range to an upgraded gren unit. Many players do not even call them in until they have the munitions to upgrade right off the bat because without their DPs they are kind of just an expensive infantry unit bringing little other than light AT

USA rifles might get a slight tone down in dps at long but Bars and M1919s are the problem that players are facing. Pgrens struggle when going against 5+ units of rifles that out preform them at long by a vast quantity and even match them at medium. Hence why the problem is long range infantry, not Panzergrens.
5 Sep 2014, 14:17 PM

Weaker long range DPS would also mean that it's harder for Riflemen to frontally charge a HMG, since they can no longer easily decrew it. :p
5 Sep 2014, 14:32 PM

Well, PGrens could be buffed by having less received accuracy. Then they would scale well versus rifles.

The nerf lmg argument sounds more to me like: "Panther is too weak, nerf Tiger."

The most OP faction - Soviets - would only be hit marginally. While the weakest faction - Ost - would lose their mainline infantry.

5 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM

I don't think they need a buff of any sort. Maybe slight reinforce cost decrease.
5 Sep 2014, 15:05 PM

I don't think LMGs are necessarily the issue with PGrens (though they might be a seperate issue). Other close-range infantry squads such as Shocks remain decent in the current meta, because they have the appropriate tools to perform in their role (smoke grenades). I think PGrens compare poorly with other, similar squads and therefore need or buff (or at least a reinforce cost reduction).

As far as LMGs go, let me to articulate what a bunch of Axis fanboys are saying very badly: at the moment, Grenadiers rely almost solely on their LMGs to be able to fight other infantry. Since Rifles perform pretty well even without upgrades, Grenadiers (and Ost as a whole) would suffer most from a general nerf to LMGs. Therefore, some other buff to Grens would probably be necessary to avoid ruining Ostheer.
5 Sep 2014, 15:08 PM

Something I've thought would help PG play is buying one shrek at a time so that it's not 120 but 2x60. Also letting the g43 be two slots so 2x60 again.

I'd be all for this if it was applied to other units with upgrades as well (if applicable), or at least in some semblance (e.g., Guards get to choose, upon spawning, either a pair of PTRS rifles with Button, or DPs with...well, they get DPs).

That said, PGs are very good--I just see them toted around like Shocks all the time, and that's not their roll--get them into mid range, in cover, and watch the carnage. Add MG42 coverage for extra slaughter and 100% more charge-into-their-ranks-ability.
5 Sep 2014, 15:26 PM

I think the best way to buff panzergrenadiers is to give them smoke grenades. It will make them more useful in frontal engagements, make them able to support tanks better (smoke breaks button), and useful in a variety of other situation without making them easy-mode frontal assault units like they were in the early days of vCoH2.
5 Sep 2014, 21:29 PM

Bit of an armor or received accuracy buff ahould help them. For a 320 MP assault squad, they are too fragile. Their damage and cost seems right. If Shocks can stay competitive in the current meta, I see no reason for PGrens not to be with a buff.

320 MP assault squad... you mean Sturmpios? Who don't have a baseline -received accuracy like PGrens do? Who do less DPS at all ranges than PGrens?

Seriously PGrens are superior to Sturmpios in all aspects (except maybe vet 4/ vet 5? Haven't done the math on that) and cost 20 more manpower. I don't see anyone saying Sturmpios are underperforming as an infantry unit.
5 Sep 2014, 22:07 PM

i dont think the problem is that theyre weak, the problem is that they come out late. By the time they come out other infantry are probably around vet2 and theyre fresh infantry.

penal squads have a similar issue unless you choose to make immediately to tech tier 1 and start buying them, though thats generally a bad move because penals arent much better than conscripts and the teching will delay your map presence.

panzergrenadiers could use some extra survavability to compensate for being outvetted. Penal squads need a complete restructuring IMO.
5 Sep 2014, 22:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Once they gain vet they become very powerful, the vet 2 received accuracy decrease is a huge boost. It would be better if they made that bonus smaller, and gave them some more of it by default (so they are equal at vet 2 as they are now) but are stronger as a fresh spawn.
6 Sep 2014, 03:47 AM

320 MP assault squad... you mean Sturmpios? Who don't have a baseline -received accuracy like PGrens do? Who do less DPS at all ranges than PGrens?

Seriously PGrens are superior to Sturmpios in all aspects (except maybe vet 4/ vet 5? Haven't done the math on that) and cost 20 more manpower. I don't see anyone saying Sturmpios are underperforming as an infantry unit.

Ah, but Sturmpios have other roles (repair, defenses, mine detectors). They also come earlier and you get a free one at start. They can also get backed up by a bevy of elite infantry and the very durable Volks, while PGrens are the only combat infantry in their faction save grenadiers (and well, Osttruppen if you wanna count them).
8 Sep 2014, 11:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Ah, but Sturmpios have other roles (repair, defenses, mine detectors). They also come earlier and you get a free one at start. They can also get backed up by a bevy of elite infantry and the very durable Volks, while PGrens are the only combat infantry in their faction save grenadiers (and well, Osttruppen if you wanna count them).

PGrens have other roles too with their bundled nade and panzershreck upgrade. But these roles require them to be durable, while the sturmpio's other roles do not.
8 Sep 2014, 12:52 PM

they need 1.2 armor
8 Sep 2014, 13:08 PM

They're bad. While their damage can be impressive, they more often than not get models sniped off to simple rifle fire (meaing they usually get forced off before they can make use of their good mid-close range damage). And with the high manpower cost and upkeep, you're better off just using grens or MGs.

Buff their armor or something so they don't die so easily and they will be fine.

This, little more armor !
8 Sep 2014, 13:13 PM

I just don't want us to go back to the "glory days" of pgren blobs charging everywhere being untouchable by both Tanks or infantry because of all the shreks and assault rifles they carried.

That said, the times I've used them I've been extremely unimpressed, a survivability buff is definitely in order. Even when I face them they die rather easily.

LMGs need nerfing but I've stopped pgrens with pure conscript rifle fire, so I don't think its just LMGs...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 16
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %