Login

russian armor

So I played CoH2 again...

2 Sep 2014, 18:55 PM

Better optimization has always been needed for CoH2, as well as common sense adjustments to the design of automatch's look and feel. The main screen also needs a lag-free design. I have always ran the game on extremely low settings(with resolution at 66% in the past) but now for some reason I can run it at 100% thankfully.(though if I switch to 66% the smoothness is like slicing butter with a knife).
and
2 Sep 2014, 18:56 PM

Sorry, but getting better fps require a sum of small things.
thanks

Of course you need to make sure you don't have something running in the background pegging the CPU. You don't need a "windows optimizer" for that though, just common sense. I understand you're trying to help people and that's fair enough, but optimizers are mostly bull. Placebo effect is real though.
2 Sep 2014, 19:03 PM

You posted a pic of your in game settings... which proves that yes your running the game on low... but you didn't post a pic of your actual FPS in game.. I'm sorry I just don't believe that a computer with those specs is running the game so well.. I am running the game on a AMD ATHLON II x4 Processor with 16 gigs of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 TI (250$ on the market) and the game runs very poorly on low settings... My point of this is I just dont see how your computer with those specs is running the game consistently at 50-60 fps...

What is your sound setting ? If i use anything but low sound quality, frame drop and i got big lag spikes when there is any explosion.

It's the data bandwidth or bus size (data flow between different computer parts) that make the difference, as i say above, if my sound setting are higher, the data flow with exceed my bandwidth causing lag spike.
2 Sep 2014, 19:06 PM
Coder Red Badge

Let's say that having between 50-60 fps, one can have fun and perform great at this game.

Being a person of great influence on the Coh realm, you have a responsibility to be more objective then most. (Having great talents bring greater responsibilities.)

The magnitude of the performances issues are not enough to warrant the comments you have made. Coming from anybody else, i would'have care. Please, i beckon you to rectify your post. :)

I also think that you should take on the 1vs1 ladder and show how great you can be. It may take some time, but i'm pretty sure your place is at it's top !!!! No more excuses.

With you, it will bring the competition at a greater level and with it more player will play.

P.S. : I'm not related to Sega-Relic in any ways.
I'm just a coh2 player that want that game to grow and succeed.

Thank you.

I don't really have an obligation to anything honestly, it's just my opinion that I find the framerates I'm getting frustrating to play with. I played vCoH competitively, and I play both Dota 2 and CSGO in a semi-competitive manner, and not once in any of those three games have I felt like I had to fight the game in order to do exactly what I want to do because of poor performance. These are games that are just as good, if not better than, CoH2, yet have zero issues with performance on even the most rudimentary rigs.

At the end of the day, I have limited time to play games, and I'm a competitive guy. I could play one of the other games I mentioned and know that my results are directly based on my skill (or lack thereof), or I could play CoH2 and get frustrated that my screen moves inconsistently when I scroll and my commands sometimes don't register because of poor performance. I don't want to deal with that frustration when there are other competitive games out there that I also enjoy, and that don't suffer from the same rudimentary technical problems.
2 Sep 2014, 19:15 PM

At the end of the day, I have limited time to play games, and I'm a competitive guy. I could play one of the other games I mentioned and know that my results are directly based on my skill (or lack thereof), or I could play CoH2 and get frustrated that my screen moves inconsistently when I scroll and my commands sometimes don't register because of poor performance. I don't want to deal with that frustration when there are other competitive games out there that I also enjoy, and that don't suffer from the same rudimentary technical problems.

I strongly agree with this.
2 Sep 2014, 19:33 PM

I don't really have an obligation to anything honestly, it's just my opinion that I find the framerates I'm getting frustrating to play with. I played vCoH competitively, and I play both Dota 2 and CSGO in a semi-competitive manner, and not once in any of those three games have I felt like I had to fight the game in order to do exactly what I want to do because of poor performance. These are games that are just as good, if not better than, CoH2, yet have zero issues with performance on even the most rudimentary rigs.

I'understand how you feel you completely, as i'm very competitive myself. Also the issues you are bringing are very frustrating. Still, as a Real time wargame's lover, there is no other games that challenge the mind as Coh2.

Overcoming that state of mind or attitude is the greater challenge that i face (and you face).

I will repeat myself: Even with the small widows of time you have to play, you can still be the greatest.
But you must step over the hiccups that disturb you.

With E-sport coming to Coh2, there is a great opportunity for a talented player like you to show is skill and be praise for it.

Coh2 need great ambassadors to grow, and you can be one of those as Wayne Gretsky was one for hockey. (And i never heard him complain about anything when he didn't score.)

Take your place and be happy !
Coh2 need you, we need you.

Thanks. Case closed
2 Sep 2014, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 18:56 PMand

Of course you need to make sure you don't have something running in the background pegging the CPU. You don't need a "windows optimizer" for that though, just common sense. I understand you're trying to help people and that's fair enough, but optimizers are mostly bull. Placebo effect is real though.

Did you ever try Glary ? You wouldn't have made those comments if you had. It's a complement to CPU-Z and GPU-Z.

This is not a resident program. It's a bundle of tools only. (defrag, spyware removal.e.t.c) but it got the most advanced tools on the market.

Thank you.
2 Sep 2014, 19:40 PM

Even all these comments about 'lower your settings' are pretty damn funny. Don't take it personal guys, I mean the following;

Relic makes the game so beautiful, but "no one" can run it.
And on the lowest settings, it still is not working properly.

+1
2 Sep 2014, 19:41 PM
Donator 22

Let's say that having between 50-60 fps, one can have fun and perform great at this game.

Being a person of great influence on the Coh realm, you have a responsibility to be more objective then most. (Having great talents bring greater responsibilities.)

The magnitude of the performances issues are not enough to warrant the comments you have made. Coming from anybody else, i would'have care. Please, i beckon you to rectify your post. :)

I also think that you should take on the 1vs1 ladder and show how great you can be. It may take some time, but i'm pretty sure your place is at it's top !!!! No more excuses.

With you, it will bring the competition at a greater level and with it more player will play.

P.S. : I'm not related to Sega-Relic in any ways.
I'm just a coh2 player that want that game to grow and succeed.

Thank you.

Can't quite understand why you are attacking my 'skill' in this game when I merely stated that I didn't believe you were running the game at 50-60 fps... I never once attacked you in anyway besides stating IMO with a cpu with such low qualities, how can it run the game so smoothly... Lol and you also talk about your 'greater influence' in the community... This to me itself is something for me to just laugh at...
2 Sep 2014, 19:50 PM

+1 to everything Inverse said. Also I don't know if anyone else has issues with this, but the snow is so white on the "winter" maps that my eyes are usually bloodshot red and watering like a mofo in as little as 20 minutes even with the brightness turned down a bit. I can play other games for several hours in a dark room before this starts to happen. There needs to be at the very least an option for a blue'ish tint to the snow, even though I want to its hard to get back playing this game because my limited play sessions are rarely longer than 2 games (3 max) because of my eyes.

PS: Back when I was playing vcoh competitively on a laptop that got 15-30fps, the camera panning still felt crisper than it does in CoH2 when its running 30-50fps.
2 Sep 2014, 19:54 PM

I'm not trying to attack you, but let me clear things up.

1)

No. It is known by everyone and Relic that this game is not optimized well and doesn't perform as other games. There was a lot going on with THQ and the engine and that's why the game isn't well optimized.

2)

Everyone has his reasons to not play the game.
It's not an excuse, it's a reason for not playing.

3)

That's fine for you, but that doesn't make you the only expert here.
There are other people on this forum who are experts in optimization and PC's in general.

4)

I can assure you this game is not ready for serious $$ competitive play on any level. Not at this moment.

5)

No sir you are not. You are giving your own opinion on the matter which is fine, but don't call it a fact.

I still stand by all my comments and opinions. But i don't want to start a flame war.
2 Sep 2014, 19:57 PM

game runs pretty fine for me I must say.. during the 4 vs 4 chaos of things even. I don't stream, or record or mess with the camera much to be honest tho'.

I have AA and Physics on medium, and Vsync is off.. everything else is on absolute max. on HD res.

Rig is AMD FX8350 @ 4,4Ghz, 16GB or RAM and R9 HD280X

just my two "fps" :P
2 Sep 2014, 20:07 PM

I bought a monster computer to be able to run every game at max settings, which I do... except for CoH2.

I can play brand new games that are way more beautiful than CoH2 with very high framerates at max settings, but somehow I get 30-40 fps on CoH2... it got even worse with WFA.

Oh, I have a GTX690, among other things.
2 Sep 2014, 20:13 PM

Can't quite understand why you are attacking my 'skill' in this game when I merely stated that I didn't believe you were running the game at 50-60 fps... I never once attacked you in anyway besides stating IMO with a cpu with such low qualities, how can it run the game so smoothly... Lol and you also talk about your 'greater influence' in the community... This to me itself is something for me to just laugh at...

Maybe you got me wrong ?
I was talking to Inverse (OP).

I a still think that Inverse was one the the greatest vcoh player, i was talking of him having a great influence in the present community. When a person of such influence make comments like he did (even if it is how he really feel) it hurt the game and indirectly us all the fans. We need that game to grow strong, because it is our favorite game. I also still honestly think that performance is a non issue here. They are good enough) Maps and balance are more important for now.

I also think that inverse can still be the top Coh2 player, if he can put aside the not having 60-70 fps issue.

What really matter in COH2 is the man behind the machine, that what make that game great to people with some intellectual power.

Thank you all for your comments. Just try to make it in a way that make the game's fanbase grow, so the automatch queue is not empty and there is more than 2000 people playing on an eastern time evening.

As you say : Kappa. (lol)
2 Sep 2014, 20:30 PM

Maybe you got me wrong ?
I was talking to Inverse (OP).

I a still think that Inverse was one the the greatest vcoh player, i was talking of him having a great influence in the present community. When a person of such influence make comments like he did (even if it is how he really feel) it hurt the game and indirectly us all the fans. We need that game to grow strong, because it is our favorite game. I also still honestly think that performance is a non issue here. They are good enough) Maps and balance are more important for now.

I also think that inverse can still be the top Coh2 player, if he can put aside the not having 60-70 fps issue.

What really matter in COH2 is the man behind the machine, that what make that game great to people with some intellectual power.

Thank you all for your comments. Just try to make it in a way that make the game's fanbase grow, so the automatch queue is not empty and there is more than 2000 people playing on an eastern time evening.

As you say : Kappa. (lol)

The fact that Inverse addresses an issue does not hurt the game. The fact that this issue exists, that is what hurts the game.

So instead of talking things down and trying to ignore the obvious problems of CoH2, I personally prefer a clear and honest post about. This way the problem can get addressed by Relic, potentially improved or fixed and everybody benefits from it.

On top of that, it is especially important that players that have as much influence as Inverse had and has are pointing out these issues, this way even more players and devs might think about this issue.
2 Sep 2014, 20:31 PM

Too much fanboism, not much objectiveness.
You're talking to people who do a lot for this game / website, fanboism isn't needed.
2 Sep 2014, 20:35 PM

Well, all of us can agree that the game has serious performance issues. Since WFA for most of the players it became a lot worse. Freezes, shutters, lack of response and other nasty performance problems; can changes games and kill our nerves.

Following this logic I could be top 1 in 1v1 if I wouldn't have to fight against the game all the time, getting 1-5 sec freezes cost me many games. Before WFA everything was fine for me.

But I don't play a game to be top 1 in the first place, I play because I love the game then I go down the competitive road and if some sort of performance issue stop me from enjoying the game I'm not gonna start fighting the game and ignore this, no1 will ever do it doesn't matter how good at the game.

In the end Inverse had it right, why would we fight against the poor optimization when we have other choices (games) and limited time to use. Issues like this cannot be ignored in a game prepping for ESL. Both Relic and the community knows this.

Edit: Would be nice to hear from Relic about this long lasting issue.
2 Sep 2014, 20:38 PM

Everything you said

You are saying that "playing on low and mid settings" is good for ESL or for streaming and stuff?
You are saying that the game runs fine even that there are sooooooooooo many people, with rigs that cost over 1000-1500 Euros, that say that the FPS are very low?

If you are a dedicaded COH2 player (which i don't doubt that you are), you should know that what 90% of the posters in this thread say its true. And many of us are saying this since release and Relic knows it too. For gods sake, which modern game does not support SLI/CF? Doe to "Coldtech" is one of the excuses from Relic.

Anyway, in my country there is a saying, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Examples:
Here...

and here...

last one.
2 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

I'admit it, i'm a fanboy.
I'm a fanboy of COh2, i'm also a fanboy of COH2.org, i'm also a fanboy of Sunday night fight, and i'm also a big fanboy of the rewind tournament.

I'm not saying it to be on you good side, it's just what i honestly think.

I honestly admit it and i'm not ashamed.

I also stand with all the comments i made.

There is no desire of flame war,punting other then telling what i think.
2 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM

I'admit it, i'm a fanboy.
I'm a fanboy of COh2, i'm also a fanboy of COH2.org, i'm also a fanboy of Sunday night fight, and i'm also a big fanboy of the rewind tournament.

I'm not saying it to be on you good side, it's just what i honestly think.

I honestly admit it and i'm not ashamed.

I also stand with all the comments i made.

There is no desire of flame war,punting other then telling what i think.

I agree on not starting a flame war on a so far constructive thread. No need to derail.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★