Login

russian armor

Argentan Crossroads feedback.

20 Nov 2012, 12:24 PM

This map is quite balanced, but I really think there's not enough munition on the map. Add 2 5+ muni points and it should be fine.
20 Nov 2012, 20:10 PM

True. Don´t know if it was a good idea to actually put custom maps on SNF.
20 Nov 2012, 20:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Absolutely it was a good idea. Semois for 5 games straight made me want to gouge my eyes out last weekend. The community needs something new and fresh.
20 Nov 2012, 20:52 PM

Argentan is a great map imo.

2 +5 munis next to the bases (or making the +10 => +16) wouldn't hurt too much, but i don't know it's justified.
20 Nov 2012, 21:12 PM

AFAIK there is no option or plan to change the maps now.

Indeed, I've been practicing on them a lot and I've gotten used to them, warts and all. They're not perfect but for the sake of competition they should probably stay as they are.
21 Nov 2012, 19:21 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

All maps are imperfect, and agreed w bud, 5th game on semois was mortifying.
22 Nov 2012, 00:34 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

For the love of god no more Semois :*(
23 Nov 2012, 01:43 AM

argentan seems to be more balanced than other custom maps, but i really don't get why bois chatelet is in SNF?!
23 Nov 2012, 23:36 PM

People want to eat fresh bread, not stale bread.
6 Jan 2013, 10:35 AM

There is a very weird bug on this map, happened in 2 of my games already. It is your own mines getting detonated out of nothing. Especially I noticed that when placing a mine near south cut off point.
6 Jan 2013, 10:54 AM

There is a very weird bug on this map, happened in 2 of my games already. It is your own mines getting detonated out of nothing. Especially I noticed that when placing a mine near south cut off point.

That happend to me once too! I believe I laid a mine in the gap between the 2 hedges at the east side near the strat point, and when I finished it, it instant detonated..
8 Jan 2013, 15:29 PM

Argentan is pretty cool, good harassment and epic battles on it.

Bois du Chatalet is another story though... feels very flat and boring. hm. :/
9 Jan 2013, 15:03 PM

I a noob in balance matters , But , I feel the art work can be improved quite a bit .

eg:- the spline width's could be scaled (to match the tracks of the trucks/ Vehicles tire width instead of the vehicle itself ) , The plowed fields (They could be sectored ) - Or , If it was planned as a kitchen garden , some plants would help get the feel , also the splines should idealy merge into the back ground - at parts you can clearly see the background green even after the splines have been placed ..

Then , these are thoughts of just watching the replays of SNF , don't have the WB to look into it in detail , Thus , would apologize to the maker if my remarks are misplaced
9 Jan 2013, 22:50 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

@vin, the map looks good :) hahaha no worries bro feedback is always appreciated. the more specific the better, but at this point (im talking to everyone now) save those coh map critiquing for COH2!
Only Relic postRelic 10 Jan 2013, 02:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge

it's a good map and fun to beat you on when I actually manage to win :)
10 Jan 2013, 02:19 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

hahaha you know im ready for a 1v1 rematch anytime bro!
28 Feb 2013, 17:59 PM

Whiteflash, now that Tribalbob is going to petition his superiors to integrate some new maps into coh, are you going to resume your work on Argentan?
28 Feb 2013, 22:24 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

All of my energy in COH mapping is currently focused on COH2 concepts, ideas and layouts.

Im honestly a little confused why Tribalbob is working on COH1 maps at all, assuming he has access to the COH2 worldbuilder, I think spare mapping time should be put into COH2 maps. I don't know what his situation is though so maybe he cant use the COH2 worldbuilder in his spare time so hes using COH1 WB instead and hes having fun with it, thats all good.

I also think its a waste of Relics time to use resources to patch COH1 which would take resources away from COH2. Id rather they not patch COH1 which would keep resources focused on the game of the future. Unless its very, very east to patch COH1 of course (historically its not).

So to answer your question, most likely not but that could change.
28 Feb 2013, 23:03 PM

All of my energy in COH mapping is currently focused on COH2 concepts, ideas and layouts.

Im honestly a little confused why Tribalbob is working on COH1 maps at all, assuming he has access to the COH2 worldbuilder, I think spare mapping time should be put into COH2 maps. I don't know what his situation is though so maybe he cant use the COH2 worldbuilder in his spare time so hes using COH1 WB instead.

I also think its a waste of Relics time to use resources to patch COH1 which would take resources away from COH2. Id rather they not patch COH1 which would keep resources focused on the game of the future. Unless its very, very east to patch COH1 of course (historically its not).

So to answer your question, most likely not but that could change.

well, he has stated that he can't use the coh2 worldbuilder at home, that he's currently not mapping for coh2, and that he intends to port his semois 2 map for coh2, so suppose those are his motivations.
28 Feb 2013, 23:14 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Yea right on, I just hope that a COH1 patch doesnt impead COH2 progress! Ill work on Argentan if a patch is actually coming, well see.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★