Login

russian armor

New steam version of coh....Thoughts...

10 Apr 2013, 13:47 PM

It looks like 2.602 patch officially will come to end at 8th may.
New steam version of coh is showing 2.700 patch.

1. I wonder, does it changes anything or nothing at all except port coh to steam. May be maphack will not work on 2.700 or ?
2.602 replays are not working in steam version of coh 2.700 so atleast this is major change. Confirm it or is it only me?

2. 2vs2 AT feature is not working. Would like to know if noun/Lynx will read this. Will they fix it soon or it will not be available till coh2 release or its permanently disabled for good...

3. Only 1vs1 and 2vs2 ladder it is showing with assault and panzerkrieg about which nobody gives shit.
1 guy has lvl 8 usa as 1-0. This type of magic i didn't even see by stat hackers in old coh. may be some bug or this steam version of coh is easy to stat hack??
one more guys is like 26-0 lvl 6 usa SOEQA14
They are quality testers so no worry about stathackers yet*

4. Removed Relic’s post-match arbitration system. Does it mean if anybody is gonna lose, he can just pull plug and lose will not count...? (until While we can’t yet give a timeline for when these features will be reintroduced to Company of Heroes, our initial priority will be match arbitration, to ensure a trusted environment for our competitive players.)

5. As mentioned we are also looking into preserving the Company of Heroes leaderboards and as many stats as information as we can prior to the shutdown so that we can host them on a website to commemorate the battles that you’ve fought during the game’s life on Quazal.

Means, stats will not be transferred at steam version of coh. It will just uploaded on a website.
Current ranking in steam version of coh will not be reset in near future, i suppose?
So its pointless to rank-up in old coh in 1vs1/2vs2.

All of the above. Currently i want relic to fix 2vs2 AT feature as soon as possible...otherwise i have to move my ass in boring 1vs1 :D

What do you think?

10 Apr 2013, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I don't care about preserving the leaderboards. It was full of hackers anyway, no need to remind ourselves of that stuff. Sad thing is, the new leaderboards are already filled with stathackers..

No match arbitration is bad. Like you said, it seems that you can simply pull the plug without getting a loss. That's just a assumption, hopefully a Relic/SEGA dev can give some more info about that.

Can anyone confirm the maplists for 1v1 and 2v2? So far I played on: Wrecked Train and Beaux Lowlands.
10 Apr 2013, 13:58 PM
Patrion 14

I guess this will all be fixed soon. They are optimizing all the stuff at the moment.
And yeah.. its a shame leaderboards are already filled up with stathackers :(
The maps i have played are Angoville, Wrecked Train and Semois.
10 Apr 2013, 13:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

So far I played on Angoville and Sturzdorf.

The guys with that strange name are quality testers Jason :)
10 Apr 2013, 13:59 PM

I don't care about preserving the leaderboards. It was full of hackers anyway, no need to remind ourselves of that stuff..

I don't care about that either but i see many people are confused over it. Still thinks there will be stats transfer at steam version of coh. So to clarify that it will not be possible. Although there is possibility of your names in ladder will get walled at some website.

Thanks marcus to clarify.
10 Apr 2013, 14:21 PM

Im sure it'll take a few days for them to sort all the leaderboards and get it all back up. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as i think their goal is to have the same features available.
10 Apr 2013, 14:44 PM

Yeah it seems bugged version of steam for coh from server side. Hopefully in coming days it will be fixed.
10 Apr 2013, 15:05 PM

I don't care about preserving the leaderboards. It was full of hackers anyway, no need to remind ourselves of that stuff. Sad thing is, the new leaderboards are already filled with stathackers..

No match arbitration is bad. Like you said, it seems that you can simply pull the plug without getting a loss. That's just a assumption, hopefully a Relic/SEGA dev can give some more info about that.

Can anyone confirm the maplists for 1v1 and 2v2? So far I played on: Wrecked Train and Beaux Lowlands.

No stat hackers from what I've seen, all the soeqa profiles are Sega test accounts.

@Jason you can still 2v2AT it just doesn't record the stats for the individual team and you share the same 2v2AT record with everyone you played with.
10 Apr 2013, 15:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No stat hackers from what I've seen, all the soeqa profiles are Sega test accounts.

Ah okey :P They should remove those accounts from there then. It looks stupid ^^
10 Apr 2013, 16:21 PM

I read at GR forum thread that maphack is not working with steam version of coh!
I hope, nobody will update maphack to work with steam version.
10 Apr 2013, 16:28 PM

No promises but my guess would be 2.602 replays would still work, just with Sync-Error Detected message.
10 Apr 2013, 17:06 PM

has anyone had a game of 2v2 yet?? I have been waiting for ages and no game.....
10 Apr 2013, 17:39 PM

2v2 and 2v2 AT works. Yesterday there were just not enough people online. 2v2 i played Wolfheze and Point du hoc so far.
10 Apr 2013, 17:40 PM

Basic match lag is awful for me today.
10 Apr 2013, 18:28 PM

2vs2 AT also working for me now but not getting game. Anyway it will get fix. I was worried that i might not work at all before.
10 Apr 2013, 21:18 PM

had 2 games on 2v2 - but people are not used to playing with mines.... -.- I had vet 3 engies and vet 2 engies just because of mines!

Some total nubs playing though.... like me!
10 Apr 2013, 21:44 PM
Coder Red Badge

Some CoH is better than no CoH.
10 Apr 2013, 22:45 PM

and some coh is better than coh2 :)
11 Apr 2013, 13:47 PM

At last, we can switch the language of the game.

However, 1v1 is so annoying. I got 3 games in a row on blowlands as amis. Tried to get a fourth match, but had to alt-f4 because it was blowlands yet again...
12 Apr 2013, 09:43 AM

M10 misfire bug fixed in this release? :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight