Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadiere merge ability

27 Aug 2014, 13:10 PM

I was thinking if adding Merge ability to VolksGrenadiere would do any harm? Only works when using among themselves. VolksGrenadiere are after all veterans, recruits, formerly wounded men and merged together into a new unit to boost morale and keep things economical. Giving merge to them would allow you to keep the vetted ones longer in the field with non vetted guys. What you think of this?

Keep it friendly so that the Mods/Admins won't close this thread an hour after starting.
27 Aug 2014, 13:14 PM

It would do absolutely horrible harm actually.
Obersoldaten, fallshirmjeagers and JLI are the reasons why.

You could get them back into fight without any disadvantage at all, which can't be said about soviet units where only guards really benefit from it and they still have their own problems of being weapon piniatas.

Plus there is already forward reinforcment method for OKW in the way of medic truck.
27 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 13:14 PMKatitof

You could get them back into fight without any disadvantage at all, which can't be said about soviet units where only guards really benefit from it and they still have their own problems of being weapon piniatas.

Plus there is already forward reinforcment method for OKW in the way of medic truck.
Well like I said, the ability will only work among themselves. Basically among Volksgrenadiere only not Obersoldaten, Fallschirmjager, JLI and weapon crew(not sure if allow it or not)
27 Aug 2014, 13:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 13:14 PMKatitof

I was thinking if adding Merge ability to VolksGrenadiere would do any harm? Only works when using among themselves.

Read.

It's actually an interesting idea, don't see how it would it would screw up balance immensely. Though merge seems like a Soviet specialty, not sure whether relic would transfer a unique part of one faction to another, for just one unit no less.
27 Aug 2014, 13:18 PM

Read.
Thank you Herr Strummingbird.
27 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

Due to their squad size volks are already relatively easy to preserve and vet up.
27 Aug 2014, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 13:17 PMsteel
Well like I said, the ability will only work among themselves. Basically among Volksgrenadiere only not Obersoldaten, Fallschirmjager, JLI and weapon crew(not sure if allow it or not)

Ah, missed that part. In this case I really don't care. I don't see advantage or disadvantage in it.
27 Aug 2014, 13:28 PM

It fits the idea that they are a mix of veterans and recruits. "I'm going over to that squad (5 stars), they look like they know what they're doing."
27 Aug 2014, 13:32 PM

It fits the idea that they are a mix of veterans and recruits. "I'm going over to that squad (5 stars), they look like they know what they're doing."
If that's their quote I'm gonna laugh since their squad leader was the one who said it.
27 Aug 2014, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 13:24 PMKatitof

Ah, missed that part. In this case I really don't care. I don't see advantage or disadvantage in it.

You're funny. How about merging 3 models from a 5 models vanilla volks squad into my 2 models left 5 stars volks squad while they are fighting in the first line? See a difference at all?

Clever proposal but... no :).
If you wanna do something to the volks, return them the 240 mp cost and their initial efficiency before that snicky change to 235 mp. It was just a cost decrease. Yeah right....:rolleyes:
27 Aug 2014, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 14:06 PMJohnnyB

You're funny. How about merging 3 models from a 5 models vanilla volks squad into my 2 models left 5 stars volks squad while they are fighting in the first line? See a difference at all?

Clever proposal but... no :).
If you wanna do something to the volks, return them the 240 mp cost and their initial efficiency before that snicky change to 235 mp. It was just a cost decrease. Yeah right....:rolleyes:
I was planning that actually. I personally don't think it would ruin balance too bad since it just extends the fight a bit longer unless you decided to attack with a tiny army to begin with. But of course it's still open for discussion.
27 Aug 2014, 14:20 PM

Interesting idea :)

I think it wouldn't be that massively useful for an OKW player. (Except what Johnny B said about refreshing vetted squads. That'd be good. But how much difference would it really make?) It'd only be useful for recrewing weapons teams. But as you said, it'd only work among Volks.

The worst thing is that on forums some people would say "now you have merge, Volks are like Obers" :)
27 Aug 2014, 14:30 PM

Nope.

"Yes, Vet 5 Volks are just 2 models!"
"lolnein, look at zis"

I already find Vet 5 Volks extremely tough ( survivability ), and merging would even enhance that.
27 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

Nope.

"Yes, Vet 5 Volks are just 2 models!"
"lolnein, look at zis"

I already find Vet 5 Volks extremely tough ( survivability ), and merging would even enhance that.
Sees volksgrenadiere merge with vet5 guys. The fascist pigs are cheating. We'll show them how Soviets do it.

Anyway, the reason vet 5 volksgrenadiere are hard to kill is because they recieve so little accuracy right? How about they don't recieve so litte accuracy? I never understood why vet 5 volksgrenadiere can go Matrix just because they are veterans.
27 Aug 2014, 14:57 PM

I don't see why not, but then again I also don't think it would help much in a game, so I don't really care too much personally.
27 Aug 2014, 15:21 PM

How about we leave them as is because they're fine right now?

Why are people CONSTANTLY wanting to change things and try calling it a balance issue? And then you have users who just want to argue or talk so they post their opinion as if this is a legitimate issue.

If you don't retreat them in time, they get wiped and that's a L2P issue.
If you use them well, they vet up and become viable units...
What needs to be changed about that?

Not EVERYTHING needs to be looked at and changed all the time.
Some of these threads are pathetic.

27 Aug 2014, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 14:44 PMsteel
I never understood why vet 5 volksgrenadiere can go Matrix just because they are veterans.

Again... to simulate the elite units and their behaviour under enemy fire.
27 Aug 2014, 15:38 PM

That's a viable suggestion for Osttruppen, as they are lacking something right now. But not really useful for volksgrenadiers since you can always set up your med truck forward and have a retreat point.
27 Aug 2014, 16:21 PM

Permanently Banned
How about we leave them as is because they're fine right now?

Why are people CONSTANTLY wanting to change things and try calling it a balance issue? And then you have users who just want to argue or talk so they post their opinion as if this is a legitimate issue.

If you don't retreat them in time, they get wiped and that's a L2P issue.
If you use them well, they vet up and become viable units...
What needs to be changed about that?

Not EVERYTHING needs to be looked at and changed all the time.
Some of these threads are pathetic.

That's just how it's gonna be. When people feel strongly about an opinion they will feel compelled to share it. You're right though, this is not a "balance" issue, it's an idea, and therefore the thread should be moved to the "Gameplay" subforum.

Personally though, I find all these ridiculous off-the-wall ideas pretty entertaining to read, and somehow makes me glad sometimes that the fate of the game's mechanics and balance isn't entirely decided by the opinions of internet forum posters. Or at all, for that matter.
27 Aug 2014, 17:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2014, 15:38 PMaxel410
That's a viable suggestion for Osttruppen, as they are lacking something right now. But not really useful for volksgrenadiers since you can always set up your med truck forward and have a retreat point.

Somebody please think of the children Osttruppen. Eventhough thinking of constant merging on LMG grens and PG doesn´t sounds good. Doing it with support weapons should be acceptable. And only with other Osstruppen would be lame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★