Login

russian armor

My thoughts & ideas on Conscripts

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
25 Aug 2014, 17:16 PM

That's why you should use Shocks or Guards alongside with Concripts.
I don't understand why it's so hard to realize for you guys. I never build more than 2 squads of Cons because, unless I pick PPSH doctrine (then I'd go full on Cons), I will rely on Elite infantry late game.

Why? What is the basis of your argument against conscripts scaling? And no, "well you get elite infantry so use them" is not an argument. That's like me telling you to not build volks because you get falls/jaegers/obers.

You are the first in line to complain about snipers and maxims, but a suggestion to make conscripts more appealing since they don't scale AT ALL gets shot down....just because?

Give me a break. Keeping your conscripts alive to mid/late game solely for AT grenades isn't fun. They don't have a weakness that suggests synergy with other infantry, they are just shit. Conscripts need to scale.

The closest unit for comparison are Volksgrenadiers. They are 5 mp cheaper (lol), get 1 shreck, get hand grenades which >>>> molotovs, and become the toughest infantry unit in the game when vetted. They aren't an offensive powerhouse, but they fulfill a vital role and aren't a wasted investment when you make them at the start of the game.
25 Aug 2014, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 17:16 PMArclyte

Why? What is the basis of your argument against conscripts scaling? And no, "well you get elite infantry so use them" is not an argument. That's like me telling you to not build volks because you get falls/jaegers/obers.

The closest unit for comparison are Volksgrenadiers. They are 5 mp cheaper (lol), get 1 shreck, get hand grenades which >>>> molotovs, and become the toughest infantry unit in the game when vetted. They aren't an offensive powerhouse, but they fulfill a vital role and aren't a wasted investment when you make them at the start of the game.

volks are the toughest infantry unit? first time ive heard that one. you said it yourself, volks arent offensive powerhouses in late game, but they fill a vital role. i would say cons do the same thanks to their abilities. merge, oorah, molotovs and AT nades are all still useful in the late game. without an lmg, grens scale just as well (or bad, if you want to look at it that way) as cons. would you say a gren without an lmg is completely worthless late game?

saying you get elite infantry IS an argument. they are meant to replace conscripts. if you keep your cons alive, then keep using them to merge and harass. if they die, replace it with an elite squad. okw build volks in the early game because they have to. once okw get access to stronger infantry, they would rarely pick a vet 0 volks for late game.
25 Aug 2014, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 17:16 PMArclyte

and aren't a wasted investment when you make them at the start of the game.

yeha I agree, every unit should fulfill some sort of purpose and players should be rewarded for keeping them alive and vetting them. Right now conscripts just become fodder and free XP for infantry in the late game.

Molotovs are nice and AT nade is nice, for light vehicles :( Unfortunately, the Molotov animation is very slow, and when late game comes, those high DPS Axis troops are gonna rip your squad apart before they can even get the bottle lit.
25 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM

volks are the toughest infantry unit? first time ive heard that one.

Yes, with vet they are incredibly durable.

-10% received accuracy
+30% accuracy -20% weapon cooldown
-10% received accuracy Healing when out of combat
+40% sight range +30% accuracy
-29% received accuracy

That is their role. They are tough screening troops with a great AT weapon. After tier 2, What do cons do? They oorah up to tanks and throw an AT nade that will most likely fail to pen.

you said it yourself, volks arent offensive powerhouses in late game, but they fill a vital role. i would say cons do the same thanks to their abilities. merge, oorah, molotovs and AT nades are all still useful in the late game. without an lmg, grens scale just as well (or bad, if you want to look at it that way) as cons. would you say a gren without an lmg is completely worthless late game?

Why would you even post this? Why would anyone deliberately NOT use their unit to their potential? Such a bad argument I'm not even going to bother.

saying you get elite infantry IS an argument. they are meant to replace conscripts. if you keep your cons alive, then keep using them to merge and harass. if they die, replace it with an elite squad. okw build volks in the early game because they have to. once okw get access to stronger infantry, they would rarely pick a vet 0 volks for late game.

So is that what this game is supposed to be? To be Elite means to be rare, but due to this games oversight the only option for a soviet player is to spam maxims/snipers until you can unlock elite infantry? If all I'm doing is throwing bodies into a meat grinder until CP2 to unlock viable infantry, why would I make Cons that are shit, when I can spam Maxims that remain relevant all game?

Wouldn't it be better for the game and make more sense to have conscripts be the bulk of the infantry (like in their description), with a few elite squads thrown in to deal the damage? You know, like how OKW plays with Sturms/Volks + their elite infantry?
25 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM

The_Courier: Yeah, well thats all in your own head.
I havent "acted" or even said anything even remotely like that.

Sorry if you "think" I have, but really, I havent.
25 Aug 2014, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 18:22 PMArclyte

Why would you even post this? Why would anyone deliberately NOT use their unit to their potential? Such a bad argument I'm not even going to bother.

because munitions are a finite resource. if that wasnt an issue, of course i would always put lmgs on everything. so is a gren without an lmg worthless?

Wouldn't it be better for the game and make more sense to have conscripts be the bulk of the infantry (like in their description), with a few elite squads thrown in to deal the damage? You know, like how OKW plays with Sturms/Volks + their elite infantry?

yes, i agree, that would be good. what i dont want to see is pure con spam. look at how ivan used to play (and lenny still plays). con, con, con, con, con, con... if you make cons scale well into late game, why would anyone bother to build anything other than t0 units that are cheap to build and reinforce?
25 Aug 2014, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 18:44 PMwooof
what i dont want to see is pure con spam. look at how ivan used to play (and lenny still plays). con, con, con, con, con, con... if you make cons scale well into late game, why would anyone bother to build anything other than t0 units that are cheap to build and reinforce?

Unfortunately that seems to be what some posters are trying to bring this thread down to.
25 Aug 2014, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 18:44 PMwooof

because munitions are a finite resource. if that wasnt an issue, of course i would always put lmgs on everything. so is a gren without an lmg worthless?

You are well and truly grasping at straws here. I would just stop if I were you.

yes, i agree, that would be good. what i dont want to see is pure con spam. look at how ivan used to play (and lenny still plays). con, con, con, con, con, con... if you make cons scale well into late game, why would anyone bother to build anything other than t0 units that are cheap to build and reinforce?

Because they still serve a different function from elite infantry? 6 con start sounds like some lame ass 1v1 cheese strat.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561197999260801
I realize you haven't played a single game as OKW, so my references to volks are mystifying, but they are the closest unit to cons.

Do people spam volks? They are a cheap t0 unit that scales well into late game. Of course they don't, when they get access to better AI infantry they use them, but they still keep and value the volks for their shrecks, grenades and durability. What do people do with cons? Let them die, use them to man weapons, merge them out of existence etc.
25 Aug 2014, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 18:59 PMArclyte

You are well and truly grasping at straws here. I would just stop if I were you.

haha ok, keep dodging the question.

Because they still serve a different function from elite infantry? 6 con start sounds like some lame ass 1v1 cheese strat.

and yet people have been doing it since launch.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561197999260801
I realize you haven't played a single game as OKW, so my references to volks are mystifying, but they are the closest unit to cons.

im sorry i dont have as successful of a random team career as you with your rank 10000 in 4v4

Do people spam volks? They are a cheap t0 unit that scales well into late game.

yes people do spam and blob volks. are you trying to say they dont?
25 Aug 2014, 19:13 PM

I hope I don't offend anyone but I think I would prefer seeing a lot of cons plus support weapons instead of "cheese" (unconventional) like M3, penals, snipers. Those T1 units should help support the bulk of the Soviet Army, conscripts!

What is the deal with more conscripts? I think this could add to the uniqueness of USSR. Schreck volk blobs are blobbed, along with tons of LMG Grens. I don't understand why people are up in arms about the potential sight of lots of conscripts
25 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM

haha ok, keep dodging the question.

Why the fuck would anyone not spend 60 munitions on one of the best weapon upgrades in the game? You'd have to be a moron not to give them the LMG right away, let alone mid/late game. Again, terrible argument, but keep using it, I love the hole you're digging.

yes people do spam and blob volks. are you trying to say they dont?

Can you send them my way? I'd love to fight some volk blobs. One of the few axis units I don't fear at all. Con spam outside of 1v1 cheeseball strats does not work, and neither does volk spam.
25 Aug 2014, 19:26 PM

Blob Cons all you want.

Doesnt mean they need buffing.
25 Aug 2014, 19:32 PM

In my eyes, conscripts need some kind of scaling.

Their description says "they are the backbone and bulk of the soviet army"

EXCEPT THEY ARENT.

Maxims or snipers in this game are the "bulk of the soviet army".

Giving conscripts a non doctrinal weapon upgrade, or something , would make them decent. Because right now, they aren't the backbone nor the bulk of the soviet army.
25 Aug 2014, 19:34 PM

Blob Cons all you want.

Never wanted to blob cons

Just wanted a decent baseline infantry unit like everyone else

Thanks for the useless input though. Enjoy fighting maxim/sniper spam forever, because that's all you're going to get until cons or penals are buffed.
25 Aug 2014, 19:35 PM

Volksgrenadiers are amazing with vet, i can confirm that :p
25 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

Well, until penals and conscripts can actually fight upgraded wehr and regular okw infantry you indeed have absolutely no right to complain about maxims and snipers.

After all, you refuse to rebalance the infantry so soviets can actually use conscripts and not concede by doing so.
25 Aug 2014, 20:09 PM

Cons are fine.

Penals are the missing link.
25 Aug 2014, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 19:34 PMArclyte

Never wanted to blob cons

Just wanted a decent baseline infantry unit like everyone else

Thanks for the useless input though. Enjoy fighting maxim/sniper spam forever, because that's all you're going to get until cons or penals are buffed.

Useless input?
Hows this?
http://www.coh2.org/topic/22935/my-thoughts-&-ideas-on-conscripts/post/206037

Do you even read the fucking thread?

Guess you are again on the fast track to another ban.
Why do I even bother.
25 Aug 2014, 20:31 PM

Blob Cons all you want.

shit like this is useless, especially when I state otherwise in the op

keep the snarky little quips to yourself
25 Aug 2014, 20:36 PM

Its not snarky at all.

Its matter of fact and accurate.

And Ive contributed far more usefulness than you, as evidenced here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/22935/my-thoughts-&-ideas-on-conscripts/post/206037

Remember, its YOU who got banned for being snarky and useless, and it seems you still havent learned anytshing from it.
Basically you are just attacking anyone who disagrees with you.
Not gonna get far like that.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight