Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
20 Aug 2014, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 07:04 AMJohnnyB

Remove the blitz I say. Keep Tiger as it is. But give it a realistic range. The Panther's range I would say. The Tiger canon was even better than the Panthers's.

It wasn't better than Panthers gun on long range. Very long 75mm barrel excel than the tigers shorter 88mm cannon. I mean, if we talk on pure long range accuracy, panther was better.
20 Aug 2014, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 13:54 PM$nuffy

And as already few ppl pointed above me, as well for their superior optics, powerful cannons and RANGE. But nah, KT should just sit as the duck while the ISU, Jackson and SU's fire at it from the fog of war, that's pathetic. I'd also give up blitz anytime for the superior range that the Axis tanks obviously had.

Range, turret, durability.

Pick two.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

blitz only when out of combat can provide some really annoying side effects. Specifically if there is a plane overhead, then blitz would get disabled from the activity of the pintle gunner.
20 Aug 2014, 14:58 PM

Blitz on the Tiger is perfectly fine as it is. Without it, Tiger would lose too much viability, and present it is about the only thing holding Wehr in the game anyways.
20 Aug 2014, 14:59 PM

It wasn't better than Panthers gun on long range. Very long 75mm barrel excel than the tigers shorter 88mm cannon. I mean, if we talk on pure long range accuracy, panther was better.

I was about to reply to his statement also. Panther's main gun had more penetrating power, yet lower inflicted damage in case of penetration. Very high muzzle velocity (thanks to the longer cannon and bigger propellant charge), but smaller shell.
20 Aug 2014, 15:04 PM

Blitz on the Tiger is perfectly fine as it is. Without it, Tiger would lose too much viability, and present it is about the only thing holding Wehr in the game anyways.

Almost makes one wonder how IS-2 doesn't have it and does fine despite being put up against much better and powerful AT weapons.
20 Aug 2014, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 15:04 PMKatitof

Almost makes one wonder how IS-2 doesn't have it and does fine despite being put up against much better and powerful AT weapons.

IS2 has much more armor and is faster, genius.
20 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 15:04 PMHitman5

IS2 has much more armor and is faster, genius.

0.3 speed advantage isn't even noticeable and its armor advantage is neglected by much better penetration and ROF on axis AT, armor advantage matters almost exclusively against medium tanks only, genius.

Play both sides, you'll know things and stuff that actually are accurate.
20 Aug 2014, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 15:04 PMKatitof

Sigh dude, are you trying to outfanboy Vetlolcake again? IS 2 has stronger frontal and rear armour, higher speed - which helps with disengaging, and comes with a faction that will ceteris paribus provide a stronger early-mid game translating into map and resource advantage. It also comes with a faction that provides better tools to kill or destroy enemy nonvehicle AT, such as more viable snipers, artillery, etc. Have you played Wehr lately? There is just not much you can do outside of heavy t1/t2 play with Paks into Tiger.
20 Aug 2014, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 14:16 PMKatitof

Range, turret, durability.

Pick two.

To be fair the KT's turret is the slowest rotating in the game and most people just face the whole tank towards what they want to shoot rather than waiting for the horribly slow turret to spin. So really all the KT has going for it is durability.
20 Aug 2014, 15:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 15:09 PMKatitof

0.3 speed advantage isn't even noticeable and its armor advantage is neglected by much better penetration and ROF on axis AT, armor advantage matters almost exclusively against medium tanks only, genius.

Play both sides, you'll know things and stuff that actually are accurate.

katitoff, really, keep cool man. i mostly play axis but are ranked much higher with soviets, i was able to cheese my way up to rank 11 yesterday with allies in 2v2....

is2 beat the tiger, 2 jacksons kiting kill a tiger, 2 su-85's kill a tiger.

2 p4's or 2 stugs arent realy able to take on a is2.

the blitz on the tiger is absolutely fine as it is. ofcourse vet1 capping ability on the is2 is a joke, but it doesnt need anything else because it already stands up against the tiger and other stuff.

ofcourse paks are stronger and thus deal more damage to the is, but while a 4-man crew gets oneshot by the is2 toomany times the 6-man zis crew takes atleast 2 hits from the tiger.

you always say people should play both sides and you are absolutely right, but somehow i only see you defend soviets ?!

if anything should be changed it is the extremely underperforming german t4 and the awful soviet mainline inf (cons+penals)
20 Aug 2014, 15:29 PM

I have proposed my solution plenty of times:

Blitzkrieg is meant to blitz through enemy defenses, not back away.
Make it so that it can only be engaged when NOT in combat.
It needs a 10 sec or longer cooldown so that you have to be out of combat to engage it.

So, that way, Blitzkrieg would be used to break through the lines of defense as it's meant to be.

I dont understand how you mean to implement this.

1) There is no "in combat" game mechanic. The game doesnt differentiate, in anyway, between units that are in combat and those who arent. Its not like WoW or other MMOs where there is a distinct flagged "in combat" state.
2) A longer cooldown is certainly an option, but I dont see how that relates to being in combat, or not.
Btw, what is the current CD on Blitz?
3) To be brutally objective, it is irrelevant whether "Blitzkrieg" as an ability related to a historical concept, here portrayed as an "aggressive and fast action", is popped either on the advance, or on the retreat. It still fits the "Blitzkrieg" concept. The concept of lightning war, can be understood to mean both. Whether it is used in advance, or strategic retreat, the action is still fast and "blitzing" in nature. Know what I mean?
20 Aug 2014, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned

1) There is no "in combat" game mechanic. The game doesnt differentiate, in anyway, between units that are in combat and those who arent. Its not like WoW or other MMOs where there is a distinct flagged "in combat" state.

and what do you think is the cooldown on infiltration nades? :huhsign:
20 Aug 2014, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 15:24 PMHitman5

LOL??? Play both sides lol....

Tiger is being easily penetrated frontally by SU85, ZiS etc right now. Meanwhile panzerschreks are bouncing 90% of the time on IS2 front armor, even 50% side, Panther bouncing front and side like 40%, even Tigers and KTs are bouncing on IS2 right now, KTs only get a good shot on IS2 like 1 in 3/4 times.

IS2 is super strong against all axis AT weapons right now except JT, Elefant and Pak43 and 2 of those 3 are dead.

So I say no, I say it is you who needs to play all sides. But really I don't even need to point that out because everyone who has even heard of CoH knows you are the most biased CoH person ever.

I think these statistics are wrong but ..... RNG can work enough wonders to mess up someones head and ruins some people's prespective.
20 Aug 2014, 15:48 PM

You have never really played soviets and used guard motor crew repair, did you?
20 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM

That would suprise me very much since thats a functionality that was allready in previous relic games made in the same engine.
DoWII to be specific.

And since in CoH2 units are able to use different animations when either in or out of combat ( tank commanders leaning out or retreating into their hatch to name an obvious one ), I'm pretty sure its still there.
20 Aug 2014, 16:01 PM

katitoff, really, keep cool man. i mostly play axis but are ranked much higher with soviets, i was able to cheese my way up to rank 11 yesterday with allies in 2v2....

is2 beat the tiger, 2 jacksons kiting kill a tiger, 2 su-85's kill a tiger.

2 p4's or 2 stugs arent realy able to take on a is2.

the blitz on the tiger is absolutely fine as it is. ofcourse vet1 capping ability on the is2 is a joke, but it doesnt need anything else because it already stands up against the tiger and other stuff.

ofcourse paks are stronger and thus deal more damage to the is, but while a 4-man crew gets oneshot by the is2 toomany times the 6-man zis crew takes atleast 2 hits from the tiger.

you always say people should play both sides and you are absolutely right, but somehow i only see you defend soviets ?!

if anything should be changed it is the extremely underperforming german t4 and the awful soviet mainline inf (cons+penals)

Uhhhhh... What!? Im pretty sure the tiger can beat the IS2 head up. I could be wrong, but I cant recall losing a tiger to an IS2 without massively screwing up the tiger micro.
20 Aug 2014, 16:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Uhhhhh... What!? Im pretty sure the tiger can beat the IS2 head up. I could be wrong, but I cant recall losing a tiger to an IS2 without massively screwing up the tiger micro.

well, that is history.... or i just had a lot of RNG in the last 200 games :unsure:
20 Aug 2014, 16:46 PM

In my experience it's a close battle. Tiger usually beats IS-2 thanks to its rate of fire but the IS-2's armor means a lot of RNG silliness can happen.

I don't think the Tiger should lose Blitz. At worst a ''only work out of combat'' tweak. IMO it's more that Soviet tank vet should be made useful. Capture point is incredibly situational at best, and has nothing on a speed boost. On a T-34 it's kinda understandable, but capturing things with an IS-2? That's just useless. Dunno what could replace it. Maybe smoke, or something akin to target weak point.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS