Login

russian armor

GamesCom announcement

13 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM

Hey guys,

I guess you already heard about the new dlc a campaign :loco:.

The thing that Relic misses in my opinion is that the multiplayer community is way bigger then the singleplayer and what shall I say we haven't seen custom keybindings or something else the community wanted...

Any way please leave a coment below with what you think about this new content.
13 Aug 2014, 15:59 PM

Did you expect an entirely new expansion? We just got one. :P

The Campaign is fine in the timeline of stuff that Relic's been making. Just wait for Friday, apparently there's something bigger around the corner.
13 Aug 2014, 16:04 PM

Hey guys,
The thing that Relic misses in my opinion is that the multiplayer community is way bigger then the singleplayer

This isn't actually true. COH 2 sold 500,000+ copies (Relic doesn't give out specifics unfortunately) yet the multiplayer only has about 5000 players on at any one time. This is a pretty big leap of faith, but i'm gonna assume the actual population of unique, consistent multiplayer is maybe 5x bigger than the population at peak times, so, around, 25k people? Bear in mind that quite a lot of these players got a free copy from the Alienware thing.

Long story short, it's in Relic's best interests to focus on the Singleplayer. However, I fully trust Relic in bringing the features they've promised to us eventually.

COH 2 is Relic's golden nest egg. They ain't gonna give up on it any time soon :D
13 Aug 2014, 16:05 PM

Why would they go to Gamescom to announce that they're gonna implement you being able to change keybindings, that they're fixing War Spoils or something like that? Obviously they go there to announce something that's worth announcing. A new faction is out of the question since they just released new factions 2 months ago. The promo image Noun posted implied it was a Singleplayer campaign. What does that leave us with? Singleplayer campaign. No idea why nobody expected this.

Honestly I like it, and I'll be playing it. I think you would be suprised with how many people just play matches against bots, there are a lot of people that play singleplayer. I think it's actually kinda selfish, "I ONLY PLAY MULITPLAYER THEREFORE ONLY MULTIPLAYER CONTENT AHWHAWA".

And where does it say nothing else will be announced? I'm sure more stuff will be talked about friday. Besides, there will be new features and stuff coming with the campaign and 3 new USF commanders. Mod support is also coming. I don't see how this is really disappointing at all.
13 Aug 2014, 16:09 PM

They pretty much always mention adding mod support at every convention, and I've yet to see it delivered. However, I might hold my judgement just this once and see if Relic can pull something out of their ass to support modding. :P
13 Aug 2014, 16:15 PM

Yeah, I hate it as much as anyone, but a healthy majority of CoH2 players are single-player people.
13 Aug 2014, 16:17 PM

I'm fine with a singleplayer expansion. Multiplayer lately has been boring with this blob metagame.

I'd just wish it has better quality than the one CoH2 had.

Has the price been said?
13 Aug 2014, 16:18 PM

"I can say that there is another announcement for Friday that is not Ardennes Assault. I hope that helps a little bit!"
- Cynthia

There you go, now quit being babies.
Hux
13 Aug 2014, 16:20 PM
Patrion 14

Please be as good as the original US CoH campaign,Please be as good as the original US CoH campaign.

That shit was sick.
13 Aug 2014, 16:25 PM

They say it has unit preservation and stuff, something that the vCoH campaign had, so that's one cool thing that returned.
13 Aug 2014, 16:32 PM
Donator 11

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/08/13/relic-entertainment-announces-company-of-heroes-2-ardennes-assault/

If you havent read.

Actually sounds quite interesting! As long as it doesnt turn out to be just standard AI battles on these maps with different restrictions=/

I really really REALLY enjoyed the vanilla campaign. In my opinion it was very well made!

Sadly the DLC campaigns fell short and didnt deliver the same quality.

I was especially disappointed by the AI battles on the standard maps. That was just terrible in my eyes=/

The coop challenges on the other hand were nice but nothing to big.

So a quality campaign with the quality of the vanilla campaign is actually sth I would be looking forward too.

Even though mod support ofc is sth I much more long for;) But guys: Its more or less announced allready so dont panic;)

Best regards
13 Aug 2014, 16:44 PM

SOunds cool! I like it!

However, what about the epic Eastern front? Have we all forgotten about that? While I am excited for some new content I would like to see some added content to our already existing Eastern Front.

I also hope development on this doesnt slow down other fixes we need (Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine for one), and other additions the community has been craving (OBSERVER MODE PLEASE). Lets hope Relic can deliver, this is their big chance!

Why was everyone so upset at the twitch broadcast? Jeez be happy, what the hell was everyone expecting?
13 Aug 2014, 16:56 PM

Not thrilled about the campaign, I didn't enjoy the Russian campaign personally and I have not much interest in playing a campaign from the American point of view. I am pretty sure that I won't buy it.

However, at least they didn't make us buy the new campaign together with WFA, so they could reduce the price of the addon for those who are only interested in the Multiplayer stuff, so cannot really complain here, actually that was a nice move of Relic.
13 Aug 2014, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 16:04 PMAlbus

This isn't actually true. COH 2 sold 500,000+ copies (Relic doesn't give out specifics unfortunately) yet the multiplayer only has about 5000 players on at any one time. This is a pretty big leap of faith, but i'm gonna assume the actual population of unique, consistent multiplayer is maybe 5x bigger than the population at peak times, so, around, 25k people? Bear in mind that quite a lot of these players got a free copy from the Alienware thing.

Long story short, it's in Relic's best interests to focus on the Singleplayer. However, I fully trust Relic in bringing the features they've promised to us eventually.

COH 2 is Relic's golden nest egg. They ain't gonna give up on it any time soon :D

Why do only 29% of the people played the first campaign mission??
Why do only 11% of people finished the campaign??

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/COH2/achievements/

That stuff shows me that many people wasted their money on a game that they don't want to play, since you either have to play campaign/multi/compstomp and every thing will enchance your rank in the game or that relic gave away lots of free copies...

What you also want to consider is that when you are an active coh2 player you follow the game and you want your friends to join you in that expirience for that reason I would suggest that the multiplayer community is the community who is willing and will pay for a dlc.

Relics best intressed should be to get the game balanced. No I'm not crying but its kind of sucks when you want to get into a game as axsis when you have 10%/90% ratio or like sometimes 0%/100% like I did before. This also tells you that the game is only enjoyable from one perspective...

The thing with the hotkeys was a example what i personally want is:
fix the custom game servers
get a pershing out there
make tanks more squishy (vcoh)
custom keybindings
mod support (lets see)
new commanders for us/okw

but that is another thing
13 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM

That stuff shows me that many people wasted their money on a game that they don't want to play, since you either have to play campaign/multi/compstomp and every thing will enchance your rank in the game or that relic gave away lots of free copies...

What you also want to consider is that when you are an active coh2 player you follow the game and you want your friends to join you in that expirience for that reason I would suggest that the multiplayer community is the community who is willing and will pay for a dlc.

Relics best intressed should be to get the game balanced. No I'm not crying but its kind of sucks when you want to get into a game as axsis when you have 10%/90% ratio or like sometimes 0%/100% like I did before. This also tells you that the game is only enjoyable from one perspective...

get a pershing out there
custom keybindings
mod support (lets see)

Again, just because they're developing a campaign doesn't mean they also have a team working on multiplayer. An entire studio doesn't just work on 1 thing.
13 Aug 2014, 18:27 PM

i think you are missing the point

all i was saying is that relic should divert their fokus to get the multiplayer part fixed and the modding since it keeps the game alive

and btw they need to fix the replays cause after any given update you cant use them ;) we agree on that i guess
13 Aug 2014, 18:34 PM

all i was saying is that relic should divert their fokus to get the multiplayer part fixed and the modding since it keeps the game alive

and btw they need to fix the replays cause after any given update you cant use them ;) we agree on that i guess
No you are missing the point. There is already a team who's job it is to do that and they are. There is also a completely different team whos job it is to make new stuff. One has nothing to do with the other and they can do both at the same time just fine.

Making all their employees work on balance and bug fixing would just cause a huge clusterfuck. Not to mention a waste since not all the relic devs expertise is in balance and bug fixing.
13 Aug 2014, 19:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Agreed :)

Also agreed -but I guess since patching is now so regular,Relic possibly see little point in paying out cost to improve the replay system, since games a poster might want to re-watch, have already become stillborn, when another patch is introduced?

In fact,if a better replay system were introduced, you could almost envisage the howls of rage from the members grabbing their pitchforks, militating against another patch already, because they wanted to keep their previous games! :p

A no-win situation.B-)
13 Aug 2014, 19:10 PM

get a pershing out there
custom keybindings
mod support (lets see)

11% of 500 000 is still 50 500 people (2 Times my rather optimistic estimate that the multiplayer is made up of at the most 25 000) people.
13 Aug 2014, 19:10 PM
Donator 11

And tell me how you plan to pay all your employees if you only work on patches and updates? I think the whole gaming industrie would be interested in your business plan....

Mods are actually confirmed.
The Devs allready spoke about the issue with corrupt replay files. Sadly its not that easy.
I for my part would HATE to have mor sqishy tanks.
Balance is not perfect but quite fine at the moment.

What I want is some more communication between the DEVS and at least the "upper class" of the games community. Like the people who keep the community alive.
Thats something that is apparently lacking at the moment.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★