Login

russian armor

Who wants a M26 Pershing ?

17 Aug 2014, 08:26 AM

I have fond memories of the vcoh Pershing and Calliope. It would be a lot of fun to use those tanks again.
20 Aug 2014, 08:34 AM

Sherman Jumbo if it ever gets added.

Well, that wasn't an Heavy tank at all.

I personally like the design choice of no heavies for U.S. Forces. I think players still don't realize how amazing the M8 Scott is for late game. You can bleed the hell out of Axis infantry with them from long range and minimal micro and they get "oh shit!" smoke at vet 1.

I would rather see the M24 Chaffe (75mm gun on a highly mobile light tank) and/or M18 Hellcat (76mm gun and 92kph top speed)

Both had torsion bar suspension so their strength could be accuracy on the move like the EZ8 at the price of thin armour.

It could be a replacement of the Jackson. Giving variability to the late game of the US, since Jackson could be tricky to use. I know that in the forum answers mostly people in the top 100, but you have to look even to the "noobier" ^^" 100 players vs thousands.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 17:50 PMluvnest

Exactly. USF have an great early and mid game, who wouldn't go for the Pershing doctrine every time? If they introduce the Pershing this faction needs some major changes.

I will not argue with a strong player as you, but you can balance it quite effectly, unfortunatly since this is a videgame it IS NOT Historically accurate. Also as i stated before, it could replace the Jackson (at higher cost, of course.. it should cost like 200 fuel considering the armor and the gun) and it could not have the crew popping out.

Or it could be like the Tiger Ace doctrine, you will get an awesome tank, but if you lose it, you can't get it back.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 14:49 PMKatitof

First one was not used during the period USF army is in game.

2nd one was never used, it was only a prototype. Makes as much sense as adding MAUS.

Lol Pershing wasn't used in the western front ? Would you please explanin the photo of a pershing in the middle of Cologne ? Anyway it was built in the same period of the Jagtiger, and beside any of the historical fact, it's a game that isn't properly "historically accurate" when it comes to doctrine, effectiveness of units and such (if a tiger hit a t34, that tank would exploded becauese of the depression caused by the speed of the Tiger Round.. you had to be quite lucky to survive a tiger shoot. Also Tigers crew were extremly precise at 1 kilometer.. in game they miss A LOT.. so don't bring history in this discussion because it's not an historically accurate game)

Anyway i think that having the Maus in a wunderwaffen doctrine would be quite fun, but really hard to balance, expecially considering that almost non of the in game gun could penetrate it..

__
__

Than, someone said that if the US gets the Calliope, OKW needs something else... WHAT? USF is the only factions without rocket barrage so, at best, it would balance it..

__
__

Anyway my 2 cents (that after everything i wrote it must be like 80 cents) is that Pershing should be in game for 2 main reason :

1. it's one of the most loved units (let's look at the number of this type of threads!) so people actually want and\or expect this tank in game
2. We have an heavy tank skin that's useless otherwise, since this is the only tank that, with some "tweak" could actually make in the game

HOW it will fits it should be up to Relic.

Again, i don't think we should be here to tell relic what to do, but if 50% of the people every time says that they want the pershing, and the other 50% mostly are axis fanboys that only reply with "if you give pershing to the US we want a Ratte ! And a Nuke ! And an Ion cannon ! Or it will be unbalanced!!!" (and the axis has basically all the most effective AT units in game :°D)
20 Aug 2014, 09:20 AM

I didn't say that they fought on the battle of boulge, but that they were in the western front by the early 1945 (february if i don't recall bad).

Also, since you like to being fussy about this, it's "Western Front Armies", not the "Battle of Bulge Armies". So it's the US fighting in Europe. It really doesn't matter when the upcoming campaign is placed.

And beside that, my whole point is that this ISN'T an historically accurate game. It's a fact. So, since it is not historically accurate, you can do pretty much whatever you want in order to aid the gameplay.

But hey, thanks for the link :) Can you PM me further information about it ?
20 Aug 2014, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned
20 Aug 2014, 12:16 PM

locust was a never used during ww2. Not by american army.

Unless you want to make a TOW about scientists doing field tests with one tank, it makes no sense.

And again, USF is based on battle of bulge US army, search what they have used during it as these are the possibilities.

22 Aug 2014, 02:37 AM

If we were talking history, why does nobody mention the sturmtiger. 19 were produced including the prototype. 19 is hardly worthy of making the unit in a video game, but they did. The reason the m26 pershing wasn't built earlier in the war was American military philosophy. Tanks were for infantry support and to capitalize on breakthroughs. Engaging enemy tanks was to be the work of tank destroyers, like our much beloved m36 jackson. If we want to talk history, the M8 howitzer had barely more influence on the war than the sturmtiger, cadillac only made almost 1800, but they are in the game. Frankly, I think the pershing shouldnt be in the game. it's counter to what American doctrine was at the time. They never engaged in the tank "arms race" after 1942. They, and I'm american, thought that the m4 sherman was going to win the war.. HAHA. It smoked panzer IIIs and was the better of panzer 4s in most concerns, they weren't building it for the future. They didnt think that tigers were much of a threat/ not produced in enough numbers. Besides, Americans believed that building tanks for duels was a doomed enterprise. Building a tank to withstand AT guns was hopeless, so they just didn't do it. They built the ole m4 deathbox, i mean, sherman. "no, sir, the german's rounds don't penetrate. They just go through one side and bounce around a few times."

ultimately i don't disagree, and you have to play the game that way. When you see a tiger you don't engage it directly with tanks alone. You must throw all of your AT at it with a tank or two to soak up a shot so your jackson doesn't die first. Sticks to American military doctrine of the era.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment