Login

russian armor

soviet cheese

PAGES (7)down
11 Aug 2014, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 08:18 AMPorygon

Brit underpowered? You gotta be kidding me?
You ever faced 2.601 Roo and 2.602 Faghound?

How about triple LT blob.
Firefly tank sniping
25pounders and priests spam + supercharge whole map arty range

Roo was still the worst

I've seen one pwn two panthers, basically just button each one, and piats do the rest. Roo is probably the most BS unit in CoH history. Makes 152 look like kettenkrad
11 Aug 2014, 14:27 PM

I have to agree that Soviets really need to be looked at. While I don't want to say what is overpowered since I'm not a great player, it's clear that some units just don't get used or seem really underpowered or hard to use.

I've tried a few times to play T1->T4, but I always get scraped and end up sticking with what I know which is T2->T3.

Penals just seem to fare even worse than Cons thanks to their lack of utility, you're left with pretty much zero AT until you can get either an SU76 or an SU85. Even then the SU76 will only do well against light armour unless you get tons of them, and it'll get swamped by infantry. Even the barrage is pretty poor against infantry last time I tried it.

Personally I just want to see more viable units for Soviets. (I play both OKW and Soviets, and I have seen some decent unit variety from Sovs, but more often than not there's not much variety. I've actually forgotten what an SU85 looks like for example).
11 Aug 2014, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 08:31 AMJohnnyB
Some people are going heavy t3 wich gives you the AA - which is a good early counter and later the wurframen.

Too bad there are always so few "wurfs" in the ramen...
11 Aug 2014, 17:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think i cleaned up this thread (best i could) of all the flameebating and off-topic arguments. please try to stay on topic of the thread, If you want to stretch alittle off topic and discuss how to go about fixing the problem im all for it. :P however if you want to discuss something off topic but related to a post or conversation there are PMs and other/new threads for that.
Vaz
12 Aug 2014, 16:43 PM

So what is officially the cheese? Like is there some units Relic should disable or maybe make build cap of 1?

2 cons allowed to be built
maxim disabled
1 at gun - light arty disabled
Is 1 sniper OP? Maybe if opponent=okw sniper=disabled ?
Unlimited penal battalions, but 20 second timer on satchel(minesweepers can disable it before it blows)
unlimited mortar crews
unlimited halftracks (only 1 can upgrade to quad though)
unlimted t70
2 t34 max - only the 76, the calling 85 spawns 76 to keep it fair
SU85 limit 1
katyusha disabled if opponent is okw
unlimited su76
IS2 and ISU152 spawns t34/76 (and just 1) again, to keep it fair.
Shocks spawn frontoviki squads
gaurds have 1 ptrs and 1 guy unarmed, grenade disabled

Dream team Soviet ftw!
#nomorecheese
12 Aug 2014, 17:41 PM

I hate the Soviet faction in this game with a passion. When playing them, I´m bored, when seeing a Soviet opponent on the loading screen, I´m like: "Not Soviets again."

They feel incredibly cheesy.

You either have to face 6 men weapon crews which are so robust, that they can - even if you counter them properly - delay you and slow the game down, so it´s no longer fun.

Or you face an annoying dual sniper combination with Guards and mines. Try reaching those snipers.

I´ve played games as Soviets losing only a 4th of the units the enemy player lost, because he couldn´t reach mine.

Throw in the ISU or T-34/85 spam with mark target late game and the bullcrap is complete.

I wouldn´t call it a huge balance issue, but I have no fun at all playing versus most Soviet players. It´s incredibly dull. And yes, I prefer the mobile US meta. At least you can try to kill that, Maxims and snipers are a fucking cancer.
12 Aug 2014, 17:46 PM

I hate the Soviet faction in this game with a passion. When playing them, I´m bored, when seeing a Soviet opponent on the loading screen, I´m like: "Not Soviets again."

You either have to face 6 men weapon crews which are so robust, that they can - even if you counter them properly - delay you and slow the game down, so it´s no longer fun.

Or you face an annoying dual sniper combination with Guards and mines. Try reaching those snipers.

I´ve played games as Soviets losing only a 4th of the units the enemy player lost, because he couldn´t reach mine.

Throw in the ISU or T-34/85 spam with mark target late game and the bullcrap is complete.

I wouldn´t call it a huge balance issue, but I have no fun at all playing versus most Soviet players. It´s incredibly dull. And yes, I prefer the mobile US meta. At least you can try to kill that, Maxims and snipers are a fucking cancer.

Same ,if i'm beaten by a us player..i usually have to give him credit for flanking with his rifles,putting constant pressure etc.Soveits..lol.Maxims or sniperspam...lol yeah they may win more often..but they are and will remain noob spammers.Zero player skill faction.And this is precisely why i may play american but never as soviets .When i played them..i felt nothing after i won..so yeah i spammed maxims or snipers..or m3 as it used to be..and then trolled him with isu.Big deal.
Vaz
12 Aug 2014, 19:26 PM

That's amazing, you must be rank 1. Wait are you Jesulin in disguise?! Although when Jesulin's units are properly countered even he loses them, so I would like learn how this is done.

I've had some instances where I had my 6 man maxim squad full health properly countered by some sturmpio's and all 6 of them died in like a second. Please share your secret of the dark arts with the rest of us!
12 Aug 2014, 19:38 PM

Seems some have partaken of the Soviet Cheese Koolaid..

Yuck... Not my flavor of preference...

(inb4 pics of Soviet cheeses)
12 Aug 2014, 19:52 PM

by the way vaz, not possible. a full sturm squad does 57 dps at near range. even if they could magically appear right next to you, itd take close to 7 seconds.
Vaz
12 Aug 2014, 21:03 PM

Did you factor criticals into that or stg44 doesn't do that? I'll admit maybe it was 2 seconds and not 1, but it's pretty damn fast, lol.
12 Aug 2014, 21:16 PM

stg44 doesnt crit like that
Vaz
12 Aug 2014, 21:26 PM

If I get pwned again I'll be sure to make you a video, it'll be fun.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS