Login

russian armor

soviet cheese

PAGES (7)down
10 Aug 2014, 20:25 PM

Again whats ur excuse for using those vs ostheer?Soviets cheese because they can..they require low level skill and easy to abuse a-move noob faction.

Lol, OKW probably is the a-move faction since the faction's troops are ridiculously strong. A move blob Soviet would just mean instadeath by other Axis sources
10 Aug 2014, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 20:22 PMGreeb

Is less frequent that the above mentioned, but Ost also have LMG spam + Tigers.

I don't know 1vs1, but I suppose it should be the most creative and strategic game mode, but 2vs2 is just the same cheese in every faction time and time again.

I want to agree but the gap between Ostheer's only real cheese (LMG42) to their only worthwhile armoured unit (Tiger) is just to great.

1v1 generally does allow for more diverse competitive-commander choices and tactical creativity but ultimately there is nothing stopping any Soviet players from Shock cheesing or any OKW players from Sturmpio cheesing.

And USF simply doesn't have any choice but to cheese.
10 Aug 2014, 20:47 PM

Whats ur excuse vs ostheer for using the same cheese.Shocks counter all OKW infantry save obersoldaten.And obersoldaten are costlier and more reinforce.Only penals are underpowered.

Probably the fact that every ostheer player these days uses mechanised support doctrine. Which is just as cheesy as anything soviets have to offer.
10 Aug 2014, 20:49 PM

I think the biggest problem is the amount of indirect counters an OKW can get for "soviet cheese" , which is at a minimum. However, going fast Flak HF against a 3 sniper start works perfectly, even with guards out later. :D Same can go with Maxims, but you'll have to be more careful, due to AT-guns.
Vaz
11 Aug 2014, 06:12 AM

Complain about snipers, complain about maxim, complain about conspam, complain about katyusha, complain about su85. It seems to me like people on this board just expect to not lose against allies. German weapons are way better. I bet you laid no mines too. Those OKW mines are like the tm-35's before they got nerfed for being overpowered.
11 Aug 2014, 06:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 06:12 AMVaz
Complain about snipers, complain about maxim, complain about conspam, complain about katyusha, complain about su85. It seems to me like people on this board just expect to not lose against allies. German weapons are way better. I bet you laid no mines too. Those OKW mines are like the tm-35's before they got nerfed for being overpowered.

Nah just maxims...snipers for OKW due to lack of counter.
11 Aug 2014, 07:27 AM

soviets remind me of the brits from coh 1.

No matter which strat they do it is constantly yelled at being OP OP OP OP.

While in reality the brits are underpowered due to their faction design.
11 Aug 2014, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 07:27 AMBurts
soviets remind me of the brits from coh 1.

No matter which strat they do it is constantly yelled at being OP OP OP OP.

While in reality the brits are underpowered due to their faction design.

Brit underpowered? You gotta be kidding me?
You ever faced 2.601 Roo and 2.602 Faghound?
11 Aug 2014, 08:31 AM

Isn't a little bit to much to blame people using one strategy or another? Why should they play with the units you want them to play? They play to win, so the best solution is finding counters against these strats. I agree that the hardest strategy to counter for the okw is this excessive maxim plus mortar tactic, but there are ways. Some people are going heavy t3 wich gives you the AA - which is a good early counter and later the wurframen. Others are going for fast pz2. Related to armor, all your volks need to have schreks, with no exceptions and they must not be to spreaded. Untill panther arrives, okw at units like Pumas, volks or raketen must work together to keep the pace with the soviet armor which is even more difficult than dealing with this maxim spam.
11 Aug 2014, 08:50 AM
Patrion 14

Any argument against people using cheese strats is invalid. Much as I rage while playing against them, they are doing us all a favour. It is a player's duty to abuse the OP shit in the game so that it comes to surface. If the game allows something that seems cheesy, and people abuse this, it is the game's fault, not the player's, because people play to win, as they should, and they should not be bothered to obey some unwritten rules about how the game SHOULD be played. It is Relic's duty to fix the mechanics so they provide an enjoyable play experience.

In other words, once everyone and his dog uses triple snipers + Guards versus OKW in 2v2s, maybe Relic will finally take a look at Soviet sniper teams.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak