Login

russian armor

Any sneaky changes about Shocks?

• This thread is locked
8 Aug 2014, 11:41 AM

I think they are overperforming last few days... Just veery hard to kill them... What's happening?
8 Aug 2014, 11:56 AM

I've noticed shocks are a very viable option nowadays, but I don't think they're overperforming. I think they're working as intended.

As to whether they've been changed I don't think they have but you never know, ninja changes happen with Relic occasionally.
8 Aug 2014, 11:59 AM

I have not noticed a change in their performance.
8 Aug 2014, 12:01 PM

They are sooo strong last days. 2 squads with vets are deadable...
8 Aug 2014, 12:06 PM

I don't think they have been changed. I've barely used shocks before WFA myself but noticed there is a small time window right at 2CPs against OKW infantry where shocks really shine. I think they work much better against OKW than Wehr, that's why you see them more nowadays.
8 Aug 2014, 12:12 PM

With proper usage of smoke they slaughter lmg grens,shockspam is back.
Sniper/maximspam into shocks,zis and call-ins=soviet base template for stomp.
8 Aug 2014, 12:14 PM

With proper usage of smoke they slaughter lmg grens,shockspam is back.
Sniper/maximspam into shocks,zis and call-ins=soviet base template for stomp.

"Expensive AI unit used right counters infantry and sometimes I see two of them, therefore its spammable, OP!"

If shocks stomp you, then you have some serious L2P issues. LMG gren+anything hardcounters them.
8 Aug 2014, 12:18 PM

Okay, so obersoldaten cost 400mp, are effective at all ranges vs infantry.

Shocks are 390mp and are only effective at CLOSE range vs infantry.

Shocks op???
8 Aug 2014, 12:25 PM

Shocks are perhaps the only effective Soviet infantry counter to units such as Obers and Sturmpios, that and the lack of OKW armour midgame that is dangerous to inf means Shocks are way more viable than before. With just Ost you were forced to worry about earlish armour that your shocks couldn't possibly handle.
8 Aug 2014, 13:15 PM

spread the hell out so shocks cant catch both squads in their lethal range. if they smoke out, they cant fire back, so start moving supporting squads to positions so they can start firing once the smoke clears.

to be honest, countering short ranged smg troops are much much much easier than say, long range dps blobs that OKW and ostheer are very capable of.
8 Aug 2014, 13:38 PM

I find it hilarious that this thread exists when it has been irrefutably proven that volksgrenadiers with infiltration grenades hard counter shock troops.

/sarcasm

On serious note, the thing about shock troops is that they cost a massive amount if mp, have no AT, and only work in extremely short range. I find fightimg them to be a lot like fighting sturmpios with rifles or conscripts early game, except more so. If you can force them to run over open ground while under fire from long range troops, you can mail them badly enough to force a retreat, but if that doesn't happen, you need to retreat.

The fact that they're powerful and expensive means that I frequently need to use two squads to take them. My ideal setup is pgrens in green cover with lmg grens not far behind them, but two lmg greens works okay too. If all you have is an mg and a gren squad, the crucial thing is to force him to pop smoke, soft retreat your lmg, and suppress him again when he gets through the smoke.
8 Aug 2014, 13:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Enough with the personal insults/attacks that isn't allowed on the forums and also isn't debating. You have the right to state your opinion you don't have a right to stomp on other peoples opinions. If you can't make a post without doing that then don't post...

if this continues i will lock the thread plain and simple.
8 Aug 2014, 14:09 PM
Patrion 14

Back on topic, there have been no stealth changes whatsoever to shocks and on that bombshell, it's time to lock this abomination of a thread before things turn even more ugly.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 24
unknown 19
Germany 498
New Zealand 18
Peru 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias