Login

russian armor

USF nerfed recently?

4 Aug 2014, 16:32 PM

I am a USF player, its the team I player the team I understand the fullest and the team for which I thought I knew how to fight every other team with roughly a 65% rate of success. This got me to 124th in the Ladder. Now I'm pretty sure there has been a Ninja patch because I had to download a small bit the other day and Now my success rate has dropped to about 5%. I have no idea what has changed nothing about the enemy strategy has adapted. It has cost me 360 places on the ladder. I would greatly like to see those patch notes because I am 90% percent certain their have been changes since the July 31st patch.

The issue I believe lies in the American's early game ( We all know if you cannot win early game with Americans its extremely unlikely you'll win late). Whereas before I would slam the early game to the point where they enemy would be almost inside their base fighting me, it now gets to the situation where I simply cannot remain on the field with my riflemen. The Wehrmacht players do what they always do and blob grenadiers like crazy and yet even with units garrisoned inside buildings, mortar support and larger numbers than the Wehrmacht player. I find myself losing consistantly, This is the same versus volksgrenadiers, they used to be the easiest thing in the world for Riflemen to fight to the point where I could win 2 v 3 fights with riflemen with a level consistency, my riflemen are crumbling are simply cannot hold their own in firefights and I cannot understand it.

the only games I have come close to winning are the Mg Spamming games where I am able to use my ability to flank and smoke out Mg's to push machine guns out. But then I end up with the entire map on these games and then i find myself unable to Deal with the Stug's which they have been waiting to create. These Stug's are picking off 2-3 vet 3 riflemen in a single shot and I'm starting to think that riflemen have suffered a health Nerf because they seem extremely Squishy ATM. So can I have confirmation as to why my riflemen cannot contend with any other infantry?

I play with conscripts and the infantry of the enemy is the easiest thing in the world to kill I swear I've played so many games in the last couple of days with conscript support tactics and not had to build another type of unit until 15 - 20 minutes when i get tanks. So I cannot fathom why my Riflemen are just So inept at fighting other infantry. Is this a reaction to the extremely strong potential of the Rifle company?
4 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

No, you're just ranking up and fighting better players.
4 Aug 2014, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 16:41 PMRomeo
No, you're just ranking up and fighting better players.

Quite the opposite my friend. I have gone down 360 ranks. I should therefore be finding players that are worse than me But no I cannot win against anyone. Just look at my playercard to see that evidence.
4 Aug 2014, 16:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

You're in the top 500 even after falling that far. Maybe not high enough to get matched against pros but you're not likely to get easy wins anymore.

I haven't noticed anything different.
4 Aug 2014, 17:13 PM

Hey Guy, (Topic Creator)

A Friend of me and myself saw the same thing like u. We made the same experience.
4 Aug 2014, 17:31 PM

I find it's quit easier to play OKW or Ostheer
4 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM
Patrion 14

Apparently the 240mm arty for USF was decreased in damage and the sound changed. Other than that I haven't heard about other ninja changes.
4 Aug 2014, 18:09 PM

Rifleman actually shoot blanks now.

Ninja update.
4 Aug 2014, 23:38 PM

I think you may have a point, I have decided now after playing as the US from launch that I am going back to the Soviets, Its not just this "Stealth" nerf that has influenced this choice either Its been building for some time although this may the straw that's broke the camels back so to speak.

The lack of late game punch resulting in end game OKW/OST armour domination is just getting boring. If I fail to roll over my opponent with early Rifle spam (Which is about the only thing you can do in the first 4 mins) then its all over basically and trying to micro the hell out of the Jackson is just resulting in every other unit on the map having to fend for itself and getting wiped.

The only times I can win is when I go as Rifle command these days and I am bored of the lack of verity I am getting from the Americans as a result.

I am actually officially switching back to Soviets until its sorted.
4 Aug 2014, 23:43 PM

Just play Oberpowered West. It's clearly what Relic wants you to do. :p
5 Aug 2014, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 23:43 PMKothre
Just play Oberpowered West. It's clearly what Relic wants you to do. :p

agreed, okw have had heaps of buffs of late and Okw is made to please all ww2 german enthusious with all it ober units lol $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for relic
5 Aug 2014, 01:02 AM

usf hasnt been ninja nerfed. rifles have not been ninja nerfed. sorry Nboaram, dont know what to tell you. the last patch didnt change rifles or grens/volks in any way. i played 7 games as americans last night and won every one of them with rifles.

if youre losing to volks, you might need to may more attention to cover. thats about the only thing that can consistently make volks beat rifles. volks would have to be in cover while you charge them. just about any other situation means rifles will win since they have better dps at all ranges.

agreed, okw have had heaps of buffs of late and Okw is made to please all ww2 german enthusious with all it ober units lol $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for relic

you havent played a single game as okw. please tell us all how op they are.
5 Aug 2014, 01:11 AM

I'm currently 274 on USF 1v1, didn't notice any change since patch. Faced down a tiger ace last game and won actually, 50 minute nail biting match :P
5 Aug 2014, 11:22 AM

Haven't noticed a change either. Somehow managed to come back against a Tiger Ace and a Panther last night when, I think, my opponent gave up too easily.
5 Aug 2014, 11:50 AM

While the Stug-E is an actual balance problem in this match up, I think your problem is just people getting more used to playing vs murica and adapting, also better players by getting higher in the ladder.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next two months there will be pretty large buffs to US once people realize how weak they actually are.
5 Aug 2014, 12:11 PM

I think it's a common phenomenon, nothing to be scared about. I experienced the same thing as okw in 2v2. Until a few days ago me and my partner where wining hard while dual okw. Not the case anymore :). It's not necesarely about rising in stats and climbing in the ladder. People get used more and more with the new armies, they find counters, there are fewer tactics that can catch them on the wrong foot. You probably use one-two tactics / doctrines or "receips" that proved to be good and nearly unbeatable until now. But your oponents are adapting and you need to constantly find new strategies or change the strategy during the game, if needed.

What I do know about any of these coh games is that there are no receips for victory :), and that's the most addicting feature of this game.
5 Aug 2014, 13:04 PM

It might also be because of the nerfs to Soviets. Previously it was easier as a US player to get wins with a soviet partner who had a Katyusha. Now that's gone, the German late game has come back with its original strength.

Also what Heini said is a good point. As time goes by, players on both sides adapt to the Meta, which makes it more difficult to win using standard/popular strats.
Vaz
5 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

That might be the case, but I'm pretty sure OP is talking 1v1.
5 Aug 2014, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Rifleman is annoying, as axis you need be ultra careful to not loose all squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★