Login

russian armor

Is this really necessary?

3 Aug 2014, 21:25 PM

(This is from my experience in playing 1v1)I don't know if I am wrong on this, but I think riflemen using smoke grenades, even though it is an upgrade is too powerful. It discourages flanking because you suicide one squad and throw smoke and run in with 2-3 squads and force a retreat. This forces to much pressure on the ostheer in the early game because they are already fielding to few units, just to rush a pak out to deal with the light armor the americans can bring out early in the game. I believe this ability encourages blobbing and makes the mg42, which is an integral part of the ost early game obsolete. Sure you can just repack the mg and move it, but by then you will be force to retreat it because you won't have time to find a better position before your supporting grens are overwhelmed. Maybe I am just overreacting I don't know, I would like to hear other people opinions on this.
3 Aug 2014, 21:28 PM

What exactly stops you from repositioning if they get suppressed and use smoke?(because they won't know you're there for the first time)

Also, thats about everything USF have against HMGs, no mortars, no snipers, no oorah.
3 Aug 2014, 21:29 PM
Donator 11

The whole concept of how riflemen works is a huge fail. Its a unit that is meant to spammed and is good in and at every situation. I want the smoke grenade removed and their damage output more like they was in vcoh = Good mid range but weak long range until BARs. Now riflemen is good at every range which is boring. And why would riflemen be better than german infantry? They are supposed to be green as boyscouts. Their M1 garand shouldnt give them any edge at long range.
3 Aug 2014, 21:42 PM

Smoke isn't going anywhere. It's the US's only counter against MGs in the early game and they must delay tech to get it.
3 Aug 2014, 21:47 PM

As was said, they should be suppressed when the smoke lands. And once it does, you have the ability to displace without them knowing that you are doing so, at least initially.

As long as you have some type of support with your MG, which you should always have, it should be able to reposition with no issues.

I also find that if you have two MG teams that overlap fire arcs in some cases, it helps a lot against the US.
3 Aug 2014, 21:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2014, 21:29 PMspajn
The whole concept of how riflemen works is a huge fail. Its a unit that is meant to spammed and is good in and at every situation. I want the smoke grenade removed and their damage output more like they was in vcoh = Good mid range but weak long range until BARs. Now riflemen is good at every range which is boring. And why would riflemen be better than german infantry? They are supposed to be green as boyscouts. Their M1 garand shouldnt give them any edge at long range.

Maybe because germans are no Ubermenschen (the propaganda wasn't true m8) and Murica can actually train good soldiers?
3 Aug 2014, 22:10 PM
Donator 11

Maybe because germans are no Ubermenschen (the propaganda wasn't true m8) and Murica can actually train good soldiers?

So you mean 5 years of war equals to basic training? sorry have you even been in the army yourself?
3 Aug 2014, 22:12 PM
Donator 11

Smoke isn't going anywhere. It's the US's only counter against MGs in the early game and they must delay tech to get it.

how come USA overcame the even better MG42 in vcoh without smoke then?
3 Aug 2014, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2014, 22:12 PMspajn

how come USA overcame the even better MG42 in vcoh without smoke then?
Jeeps, mortars, and snipers. Of which they have none of in COH2.
3 Aug 2014, 22:40 PM

Jeeps, mortars, and snipers. Of which they have none of in COH2.

On top of that smoke that made you immune for suppression, nuclear grenades, "fire up" abilities.
3 Aug 2014, 22:59 PM

whining about smoke, unbelievable.

3 Aug 2014, 23:01 PM

TBH i never rely on MGs anymore, they bug all the time, half the time they dont even shoot, best thing vrs riflemen is gren with lmg spam, their rifle nades are lethal vrs riflemen and the lmgs are decent now and do good damage, you just need play defensive as they dont shoot on the move.

Couple that with mortars or mortar halftrack and you basically shut them down.

The grens being able to move around and cap with also help in 1v1 and just run cover when u see them come and lmgs shred them up if they try to rush you.
3 Aug 2014, 23:11 PM

The best counter to a blob is another blob. LMG's are extremely useful, but regardless, most people will still blob together units in an attempt to maximize DPS, with or without LMG's.
3 Aug 2014, 23:30 PM

Just re position your HMG after smoke. Simple and effective
4 Aug 2014, 00:42 AM

Yeah smoke is the only early counter to hmg's and kubel wagon. Personal I think its bullshit that axis can make hgms straight off the bat so there has to be reasonable counter. Getting semoski pinned in the first minute is not fun!

on a side note it funny how many people believe ww2 myths and propergander.
4 Aug 2014, 00:45 AM

Its kind of strange that riflemen smoke grenades mini-button vehicles, yet all other smoke abilities dont affect vehicles at all but simply blind them.
4 Aug 2014, 02:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

this ability does encourage blobbing, and it's not the only one. "On Me!" is a blobber's dream come true. Some things encourage blobbing, other things punish it. If there were no reason to blob, nobody would do it.
4 Aug 2014, 02:32 AM

"On me!" makes your at guns and crewed weapons pack up and move. People actually use that?
4 Aug 2014, 03:22 AM

"On me!" makes your at guns and crewed weapons pack up and move. People actually use that?
It works well as a way to engage a unknown force without risk a a full retreat since you can unsuppress your rifles if the run into HMGs.
4 Aug 2014, 03:39 AM

I always thought that MGs should be able to fire into smoke but just get a huge penalty on accuracy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★