Login

russian armor

Faction Imbalance

PAGES (7)down
8 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

People play Axis because nazi tanks are cool. Just look how cool the Panzerwerfer with a spinning rocket launcer, slick design, cool ass camo looks compared to the Katyusha, a big truck with rockets on the back.

Add that in to the fact that OBW right now is the most unique faction with a unique tech tree and some pretty different units than anyone else, and I can see why more people would be playing Axis. If they really are, I don't know the actual statistics, just anecdotal data.
8 Aug 2014, 18:05 PM
Donator 22

I admit to being an axis fanboy as I learned the game. However, I have recently started playing allies more out of sheer curiosity than anything. I've found the Soviet faction is much more fun to play than I thought previously which is great!

I also tend to play team games only with my clan and their preference of faction (which skews heavily axis) also affects the choice of faction I choose.

Its all fun though. Eventually, I imagine more folks will check out the Allied factions out of sheer curiosity (or boredom of playing axis).
8 Aug 2014, 23:35 PM

Permanently Banned
People play Axis because nazi tanks are cool. Just look how cool the Panzerwerfer with a spinning rocket launcer, slick design, cool ass camo looks compared to the Katyusha, a big truck with rockets on the back.

Add that in to the fact that OBW right now is the most unique faction with a unique tech tree and some pretty different units than anyone else, and I can see why more people would be playing Axis. If they really are, I don't know the actual statistics, just anecdotal data.

Yeah. Its the thrill of playing the germans and the names are cool too. I find allies play incredibly spammy and bored. Thats all well and good. But their units are OP in some cases and thats what is haveing a deleterious effect on the game at.
13 Aug 2014, 16:49 PM

I don't know why, but so far, at each ELO i've been, there were always more AXIS. (Numbers aside, almost always instajoin with Ally and always takes minutes to join as axis)

You can say whatever you want, but the fact is that there are several more Axis player, that's a fact.

Beside that, ACTUALLY, i don't think that is because they're stronger than Ally (i'm expecially speaking about OKW\USF), they're just way easier to use them at an average level.

Than if you go to high level, where the OKW is more straightforward to use is also less technical, so a really strong player can use effectivly both (or the 4 of them) factions against every combination of enemies...

So... PROBABLY is a combination of OSTHEER\OKW easier to play as a medium low level (so anything under the Top 200 i guess)understand, and something about the appeal that those factions have.
13 Aug 2014, 17:40 PM

Its consistently the opposite for me.

I almost always see Allies majority in matchmaking %.
13 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its consistently the opposite for me.

I almost always see Allies majority in matchmaking %.

Timezone, modes and rank level. I´m sure there are people who would want to play at the same time as you :P

The only consistency i found is that when europeans (or germans) go to sleep and americans arise, theres a 10% higher number of allies searching.
14 Aug 2014, 19:11 PM

The problem is the design of the factions.

Whermacht is designed well - its thought out - and with the exception of a useless T4 - its well rounded.

OKW is a pure blob - especially with the ammo increase - its dull but the blob wins all.

The problem with the Allies:

RU - Terrible design, so badly designed they continued to buff the faction just so people will play it.

US - As others have said - its a 15 min faction - when the real armor rolls out, the US has no counter (unless you're a pro - and even then you'll be working 10 times as hard).

That's the problem in a nutshell really.

That's exactly what our clan think. And it's terribly true in 3vs3 and 4vs4.
In our last 10 matches, the matching system was always between 76% to 90% Axis vs 24% to 10% allies.
Even if we like to play the underdogs as Allies, it's not fun to be tanks stomped all the time.

To have a chance to win, allies must control the nearly all map in the first 10-14 mins, make no mistakes or be crushed by their Panthers or Tigers.

Maybe we are not the best, but if we go axis our life is a lot easier....

I thinks part of the problem come from the fact that all the strategic points give fuel. On the bigger maps, their is way to much fuel income thus favoring Axis greatly (tanks).

A solution would be to remove 1 fuel production per strategic points and 2 points from fuel caches on the bigger 6-8 player's maps (and it won't affect 1vs1 or 2vs2). Ammo points are o.k. as both sides benefit from it more equally.

On the smaller 6-8 maps, where there is less strategic points (Ett. Station) it's more balanced. And if there is some buildings is even more balanced as bazooka squads can hide in building and survive a tank encounter, forcing the axis to build different units but Panthers or Tigers.

Please test it before you blast our pov.

Thanks.
14 Aug 2014, 20:17 PM

I think that fuel requeriment in teching and units should be higher in teamgames. That way it would be more difficult to spam tanks, and destroying one will be more punishing, and also, the early game in teamgames would be longer.

Like:

1vs1: Fuel cost x 1.0
2vs2: Fuel cost x 1.2
3vs3: Fuel cost x 1.3
4vs4: Fuel cost x 1.5
14 Aug 2014, 21:13 PM

people already dont tech because it costs too much. you want to increase teching costs?
14 Aug 2014, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 21:13 PMwooof
people already dont tech because it costs too much. you want to increase teching costs?

They don't tech because this is Company of Call In's - where T4 is so badly designed for all factions that teching makes zero sense.

There are serious design issues that just never seem to get the love they deserve.
14 Aug 2014, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 20:17 PMGreeb
I think that fuel requeriment in teching and units should be higher in teamgames. That way it would be more difficult to spam tanks, and destroying one will be more punishing, and also, the early game in teamgames would be longer.

Like:

1vs1: Fuel cost x 1.0
2vs2: Fuel cost x 1.2
3vs3: Fuel cost x 1.3
4vs4: Fuel cost x 1.5

Not a bad idea, but fixing the bigger 6-8 player's map by reducing their fuel production should be an easier fix...

:)
14 Aug 2014, 22:38 PM

To be honest, If relic doesn't do soemthing against spam tactics, blobbing and all the other dull and boring cheese strats, this game will be dead really soon.
14 Aug 2014, 23:15 PM

Ostheer is my favorite faction to play, but I do tend to play both Allied factions more since most of the time the matchmaker is roughly 70/30 in favor of Axis and the queues are twice as long.
14 Aug 2014, 23:50 PM

For the last month now I've only been playing Ost/OKW in team games. Unless your teammates are too busy eating their crayons, you are guaranteed to get to lategame and roll the allies
15 Aug 2014, 00:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 21:13 PMwooof

Call-ins' fuel requeriment would be affected too.
15 Aug 2014, 04:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 23:50 PMArclyte
For the last month now I've only been playing Ost/OKW in team games. Unless your teammates are too busy eating their crayons, you are guaranteed to get to lategame and roll the allies

well i can see in 2v2s, youre on a 3 loss streak with a .545 win ratio. in 3v3s, you have a 5 win streak, but you just now got out of your 10 prelim matches. in 4v4s, your only team out of prelims has a .68 win ratio.

either your teammates eat a lot of crayons or axis isnt quite as easy as youd like to make them sound.
15 Aug 2014, 05:08 AM

2v2 AT was with someone who had never played axis
3v3 and 4v4, if your teammates are at least average axis will win

sorry to burst your little nazi bubble :(

Let's see your player card
15 Aug 2014, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 05:08 AMArclyte
2v2 AT was with someone who had never played axis
3v3 and 4v4, if your teammates are at least average axis will win

sorry to burst your little nazi bubble :(

Let's see your player card

You don't want to see his player card.
You want to go home and rethink your life.
15 Aug 2014, 05:39 AM
15 Aug 2014, 06:12 AM
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment