Login

russian armor

Own Personal Core Army

29 Jul 2014, 21:26 PM

Was looking at the flowcharts of the various armies and thought if I could combine my own core army, which units/teching system would I use? I went through to take into account how many units were in each tier as well as including total # of infantry, medium tanks, ect of each army. Here is what I decided my core army would be.

Teching: American System

HQ:

Sturmpios - Easily the best starting unit out of the 4.
Riflemen- Decided on them based on upgrades and early game effectiveness.
King Tiger: Because I could.

T1:

LT
Flak Halftrack- No explanation really needed
MG42- Working in tandem with riflemen and allowing the sturmpios to close in on suppressed squads.
Wehr/Sov Mortar- Decided on EFA mortar based on cost

T2:

Captain
US AT Gun- Having a wider fire arc and having the armor rounds, think this is the best AT gun in the game.
Stuart- Love this thing!
PGs- Wanted to have an effective infantry unit that would have a good damage output if entered later in the game, I didnt want to sacrifice one of my slots in T3 for obersoldatens.

T3:

Major
Panther - I know there are alot of complaints about the panther underperforming for costs, its still one of the most effective tanks in the game.
P4- If i cant afford a panther and need armor presence, I would either go with a P4 or the last tank in T3.
Jackson - A Tank destroyer with a turret, whats not to love!

Let me know what you think and post your own!
29 Jul 2014, 21:30 PM

Don't really know what to make of this, but for your consideration:
Pak has mucho better penetration (and I believe ROF) than the US 57 unless you pop AP. Also, target weak point is a very strong vet ability - if it actually works.

Oh, and for a plethora of reasons: Panther is very far from being one of the most effective tanks in the game, and neither is the P4 really, although it has more utility then the former. As far as generalists are concerned, 34/85 and E8 all the way.
29 Jul 2014, 21:49 PM

In terms of core army armor, I would believe most people would pick the panther over the other medium tanks not including the tank destroyers.
29 Jul 2014, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:49 PMBubalo
In terms of core army armor, I would believe most people would pick the panther over the other medium tanks not including the tank destroyers.

Apart from consideration of cost and tech, the Panther is an appallingly poor performer vs infantry.
29 Jul 2014, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:49 PMBubalo

The Panther is a Tank Destroyer in this game though. But it also suffers from poor accuracy against tanks.
m00
29 Jul 2014, 21:59 PM
Donator 11

This might be a bigger issue in 1vs1(I play 2s) and with Wermacht but the panther is my go to vehicle every OKW game I play, usually does really well and I've never complained about it's effectiveness, pretty solid tank I thought. And going against it is always a pain, it's speed/frontal armor and it's range always be wreckin me.
29 Jul 2014, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:59 PMm00
This might be a bigger issue in 1vs1(I play 2s) and with Wermacht but the panther is my go to vehicle every OKW game I play, usually does really well and I've never complained about it's effectiveness, pretty solid tank I thought. And going against it is always a pain, it's speed/frontal armor and it's range always be wreckin me.

The OKW Panther has much better accuracy than the Ostheer Panther, oddly enough.
30 Jul 2014, 00:35 AM

The OKW panther is a fine unit and should not be the subject to complaints. It's the Ost Panther that's the problem.

The C- Panther's view range is double that of the regular panther (automatic spotting scopes) This combined with its better accuracy really makes it deliver.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 31
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment