Login

russian armor

What is up with the Okw

28 Jul 2014, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 23:39 PMLAconic
Pushing an OKW blob back and forcing them to retreat, while at the same time dropping some form of artillery on top of their retreat-point, will most of the time, wipe upwards of 90% of the blob, if not all of it. The stuka makes an extremely perceptible noise, with more than enough ample time to get out of the way upon hearing it fire.

Really? These two sentences, right next to each other, and you don't show a hint of irony?
28 Jul 2014, 00:29 AM

Really? These two sentences, right next to each other, and you don't show a hint of irony?

If you're making the notion that artillery placed at an OKW player's forward-retreat-point is something that they would also notice and be able to avoid, then you're not grasping the concept. Get the OKW blob to retreat. You SHOULD know where their forward base (medic truck) is, thus allowing you, once you cause them to retreat, to artillery strike the truck, from which they will be unable to escape because they're retreating to it. Unless, of course, Relic recently made it so player's can magically change the destination of the point which their men are retreating to, while they're still retreating......
28 Jul 2014, 01:10 AM

28 Jul 2014, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 00:29 AMLAconic

If you're making the notion that artillery placed at an OKW player's forward-retreat-point is something that they would also notice and be able to avoid, then you're not grasping the concept.

Nope, I'm quite good at it. Better when I have a stuka so I can decide exactly when and where rockets are going to land. The stuka is far too precise; people only stopped (justifiably) raging about it because the Kat was for some reason made even more ridonculous.
28 Jul 2014, 04:02 AM

Lovely, Derpwagon is OP, they said.
28 Jul 2014, 04:22 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Why'd you post this? I mean I love it and it's beautiful but, does it fit in?
If it doesn't, frankly, I don't care why.
My ears are smiling.
28 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 14:47 PMChris

The Puma isn´t op !! But he is already at min 6:30 on the battlefield. What is this ?? wy so early?
At this time the Ami is able to organise some Bazookas but if you do this your inf. isnt able to counter Okws inf, because without an B A R you have no chance to do that. And the Puma will rape your abulance car or M5 flack truck in 10 sec.

I have 3 shooter squads and there is one Kübelwagen and in 6 sec. the shooters are pinned. WTF ???

PEBKAC: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.
28 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM

Most of this is a L2P issue I'm afraid to say, if there is a stuka, don't blob riflemen.

If there is a kubel, DON'T. BLOB. RIFLEMEN.

Puma comes just a little earlier than t34/76, not by much, altho the Puma can win against it with good micro and luck (See RNG) Vs US the only thing Puma is good against is the early AA HT/M20. Other than that it isn't very good vs Infantry.

This is pretty much a rage "omg why do my units die to things when I blob them, how do I kill light vehicles!11!111"

HAHAHA and if there is a Kübel the ami should not build shooters ?? what he should build else ? :D
28 Jul 2014, 15:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 15:44 PMChris

HAHAHA and if there is a Kübel the ami should not build shooters ?? what he should build else ? :D

More of dem medic trux to rush the Übermenschen lulz
28 Jul 2014, 15:53 PM

Wy I publish problems with the game when there are only german fanboys who think I can beat a Kübel or a puma with a single shooters squad with " skill" :D. Fact is I am not the best player but I play coh since 2007 and the allys and the Okw are not balanced. I post this because you can´t discuss with idiots :D ( Only they who said L2P or don´t get shooters :DD What else Pioneers ? :DDD )
28 Jul 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 14:47 PMChris
Hello you know me from topics like "What is up with the 203mm B4" and "What is up with the Panther"

I played I think 10 Games in the last days and ever I am suprised how op some units are.
I will list now some interesting german units.

First: The Stuka zu Fuß!! What is up with this rocketlauncher ??? You know the Ami consists of Infantery. And this Stucka ( After 10 min on battlefield) is like an offmap 200mm arty strike. No joke. I know the Katyusha is op too, but this Stuka is twice stronger. In every game you meet this "superblaster". The russian is able to counter the stuka but the Ami ? How can the Ami counter this very mobile "superblastergocart in the early 20 min? Forgot the Bazooka, this "superblastergocart" is ever covered and if it isn´t it is fast enought to escape.

But this is okey if there werent some more interesting german units.

So for example the "Puma"

The Puma isn´t op !! But he is already at min 6:30 on the battlefield. What is this ?? wy so early?
At this time the Ami is able to organise some Bazookas but if you do this your inf. isnt able to counter Okws inf, because without an B A R you have no chance to do that. And the Puma will rape your abulance car or M5 flack truck in 10 sec.

The next interesting german units " the Kübelwagen in consideration to the heroic pioneers"

I have 3 shooter squads and there is one Kübelwagen and in 6 sec. the shooters are pinned. WTF ??? And when the Okw builds 2 sturmpioneers you are lost. One pio squad repairs the Kübelwagen and the other one Kills the pinned shooters (and all this is min 2). Generally those Okw pios are soooo heavy ... wy ?? In short and medium distance you cant beat them with an shooter unit and on long distance the shooters are useless. And if you try it the pios run into your cover and crush your shooters... where as the ami pioneers can´t hold there own weapons ...

Last but not least What the fuck is up with this infrared car and Stg 44 with infrared scanner ???? Who listened there to hitlers dreams in 1945 ???? Are you sick relict ?? . So if we bring fanfiction into the game okeyyy but where is the Ami infrared M5 halftrack ??? Or maybe we get an Atomic bomb. No, realy, where is the fairness in this concept ?? The infrared scanner finds your inf. position and the Stuka kills them all what is this ??? Maybe the germans get an Horten stealth bomber as an doktrin xDDD And this Sector arty wy she can bomb allied areas ??? What is this ???

This is simply not fair .There is an reason wy 80 % plays the Axis ...

Re-read your OP, you seriously are rather ultra eager to prove the world that you are right from the get go, hence all the shitstorm ensuing.

Oh and, for your own culture, this is what google brought using "infrared world war 2" keywords:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielger%C3%A4t_1229
28 Jul 2014, 16:00 PM

^Honest answer, the Kubelwagon is made of a material that was rejected for use as tissue paper, because it was too flimsy.

If you have two riflemen, just focus fire the Kubel and you WILL force a retreat, as the OKW mandate that Kubelwagon drivers must be drunk at all times, it'll likely start ripping burnouts in front of you instead and just get blown up.

If they are attacking with a Kubelwagon + two Sturmpioneer squads, that's a different story, but in that case they are tying up ALL their manpower into one big force, retreat and cap elsewhere or split up. (that is 980MP if they have a Kubel + 2x Sturms).

Also, I can't be the only one who read the title of this thread with a Seinfeld voice. "What's the deal with the Oberkommando West!?"
28 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 15:44 PMChris

I never said not to BUILD Riflemen I said not to BLOB them in one big group, spread them out and use micro and your brain. Not just 1A.

If it's 1 rifle squad capping some where vs 1 Kubel, tough luck, use smoke or AT nades if you have them/vet if not try to jump in a garrison or Green cover and if not that, tough retreat and cap else where with other squads while Kubel is with your rifles.

If it is a kubel and sturms vs 1 rifle, again tough your other units are else where on the map and should be winning there, if they are not then you are not using your units correctly.
28 Jul 2014, 16:22 PM

I never said not to BUILD Riflemen I said not to BLOB them in one big group, spread them out and use micro and your brain. Not just 1A.

If it's 1 rifle squad capping some where vs 1 Kubel, tough luck, use smoke or AT nades if you have them/vet if not try to jump in a garrison or Green cover and if not that, tough retreat and cap else where with other squads while Kubel is with your rifles.

If it is a kubel and sturms vs 1 rifle, again tough your other units are else where on the map and should be winning there, if they are not then you are not using your units correctly.

Yes okey I am no noob I don´t blob them. Mostly I play with 3 Shooters at the beginning and then I don´t add some. But when the first shooter is out you going cap an then there is the Kübel who pinns you and in consideration to the Heroic pioneers the first shooter squad needs to retreat.
28 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

I'm not trying to attack you or call you a noob or say you are bad. But that OP was full of rage and wrong information. Bad games happen, don't let it get to you, learn from it.
28 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 15:20 PMkorgoth

yes and the reason is people like Nazy Germany era stuff, deal with it!

No its because they are op :D
28 Jul 2014, 16:29 PM

"This is simply not fair .There is an reason wy 80 % plays the Axis ..."

Yep, this tell everything about which fraction is OP... no discusion needed.
28 Jul 2014, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah, because humanity is so strong in coh2 - community, they consider the "underdog" while choosing their faction :D :D
28 Jul 2014, 17:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Why'd you post this? I mean I love it and it's beautiful but, does it fit in?

It was a hot sunday afternoon....I read the OP....groaned inwardly ...felt the worms eating me and my will to live....so tried to restore my faith in life. I think you will find many others were of the same ilk in page 1 to a greater or lesser extent apart from FreakingHell

If it doesn't, frankly, I don't care why.
My ears are smiling.

You see? A positive! Even from bad threads...

@ chris

You don't have to take our words for it. The Lead Strategist for this board, whose opinion on balance I do value,is currently of the opinion that the allied armies are stronger by a margin. Go figure!

I'm out of this.
28 Jul 2014, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Kubels op, the lulz in this thread is amazing.

PD: Kubels can´t supress on the move. MOVE.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★