Login

russian armor

What is up with the Okw

27 Jul 2014, 19:19 PM

ISU-152 is probably the shittiest superheavy tank in the game and gets solo'd by a Panther.

An expensive dedicated tank destroyer can solo a heavy assault gun, and that's a problem to you? ;)
27 Jul 2014, 19:49 PM

An expensive dedicated tank destroyer can solo a heavy assault gun, and that's a problem to you? ;)

not to mention 1 zis with the ISU will blow up the paper panther no problems.
27 Jul 2014, 19:53 PM

ISU-152 is probably the shittiest superheavy tank in the game and gets solo'd by a Panther.

Cmon dude. ISU-152 is amazing.

I've won a lot of complicated games thanks to that tank. It performs extremely well against bot armor and infantry.
27 Jul 2014, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned
ISU was good some time ago. Now it gets easily countered by a non doctrinal Unit...
27 Jul 2014, 20:12 PM

Most of this is a L2P issue I'm afraid to say, if there is a stuka, don't blob riflemen.

If there is a kubel, DON'T. BLOB. RIFLEMEN.

Puma comes just a little earlier than t34/76, not by much, altho the Puma can win against it with good micro and luck (See RNG) Vs US the only thing Puma is good against is the early AA HT/M20. Other than that it isn't very good vs Infantry.

This is pretty much a rage "omg why do my units die to things when I blob them, how do I kill light vehicles!11!111"
27 Jul 2014, 20:15 PM

Puma comes just a little earlier than t34/76, not by much, altho the Puma can win against it with good micro and luck (See RNG) Vs US the only thing Puma is good against is the early AA HT/M20. Other than that it isn't very good vs Infantry.

Actually puma comes MUCH faster then T34, even if you rush for it. You'll have it roaming long before soviets will afford T3.

And while it doesn't excel vs infantry, its not like its coaxial MG is half bad against inf out of cover, so it will inflict losses.
27 Jul 2014, 20:16 PM

why is this thread continuing? When you see "kubel is op", the thread should of self-destructed
27 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

why is this thread continuing? When you see "kubel is op", the thread should of self-destructed

lol. wp
27 Jul 2014, 20:32 PM

ISU was good some time ago. Now it gets easily countered by a non doctrinal Unit...

Non-doctrinal counters should be the norm. You shouldn't lose a 30 minute game because the you lost the rock-paper-scissors with your commander choice. Every Commander should be defeatable with standard units.
27 Jul 2014, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 20:15 PMKatitof

Actually puma comes MUCH faster then T34, even if you rush for it. You'll have it roaming long before soviets will afford T3.

It's really about the same, if you don't skip medic bunker.

40 medic + 40 conversion + 70 puma

50 + 120 + 70 for soviets.

Keeping in mind OKW fuel reduction and the delay between trucks coming onto the field and the timings are pretty close if both players rush for their respective vehicles.

27 Jul 2014, 20:55 PM

And why would you get medic truck before puma if you went for conversion truck first?

Not much reason for that.
27 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Keeping in mind OKW fuel reduction and the delay between trucks coming onto the field and the timings are pretty close if both players rush for their respective vehicles.

Actually you don't even need the medic truc, you get all you need for a while in the first truck. and then go over to the mechanized. Don't forget that you also get an ability to scavange and turn ammunition into fuel. Which further shorten the time it takes.

Also consider that the soviet will either go Tier 1 or tier 2, and probably get molotov and/or AT nades. Plus if you play against OKW you WILL whant AT nades and most likely Tier 2 to beat those early armors. If you like tier 1, you are kinda screwed.

But what scares me as the russian isn't the Puma but the flaktrack, early games the soviets have no armor, the puma is a waste. But the flaktrack runs over your infantrie supported by his own infantrie which will then be uncontested.

Overall, my opinion on the OKW can be resumed to : Too soon.
ARs too soon, armor too soon ...
27 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Non-doctrinal counters should be the norm. You shouldn't lose a 30 minute game because the you lost the rock-paper-scissors with your commander choice. Every Commander should be defeatable with standard units.

Ok I agree with you. But then, this also should be true on ally side. You can' win against shreck or infantry blobs without a KV - 8 for example...
27 Jul 2014, 21:43 PM

Late game the OKW is just too strong. The Vet 5 units are now made of Stone and just run through enemy fire like its nothing back that up with constant 3 squad wipe from the Stuka Truck every 80 seconds means its impossible to defend a point.

Sector artilery is just a joke versus anything the Ami have (240mm is just laughable inaccurate and gives the Axis time to pack up his picnic and move to a new spot)

Then to top it all off the King Tiger comes out!!!! I mean are you serious Relic.

80% of games against decent opponents end with getting steamed rolled through superior indirect fire and better late game units.

Balance is well off at the moment. Farcical that they didn't learn from their first mistake.

27 Jul 2014, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 20:55 PMKatitof
And why would you get medic truck before puma if you went for conversion truck first?

Not much reason for that.

Playing without medic truck can be risky.

An early puma isn't really going to wreak battlefield havoc, I don't know why you would rush it over a flaktrack unless you're expecting an M15 or something.

Actually you don't even need the medic truc, you get all you need for a while in the first truck. and then go over to the mechanized. Don't forget that you also get an ability to scavange and turn ammunition into fuel. Which further shorten the time it takes.

Also consider that the soviet will either go Tier 1 or tier 2, and probably get molotov and/or AT nades. Plus if you play against OKW you WILL whant AT nades and most likely Tier 2 to beat those early armors. If you like tier 1, you are kinda screwed.

But what scares me as the russian isn't the Puma but the flaktrack, early games the soviets have no armor, the puma is a waste. But the flaktrack runs over your infantrie supported by his own infantrie which will then be uncontested.

This all comes down to the teching strategies. A soviet that goes t1 can use snipers and a scout car to seriously push OKW hard. A flak track will die to 2x AT grenades or 2 shots from an ATG, which means that he has to be very careful with it. It's a devastating unit, but it's a battle of micro.
27 Jul 2014, 22:31 PM

Playing without medic truck can be risky.

I'm not saying to skip it, I'm saying its not needed before first light armor hits the field. You'd have medic truck by 8-10 min anyway.

An early puma isn't really going to wreak battlefield havoc, I don't know why you would rush it over a flaktrack unless you're expecting an M15 or something.

I like reliability of Puma. I don't have enough attention to keep flak HT alife, so I've decided to not build it over Puma as Puma is pretty great against sov and USF T1 builds.

In other words, there isn't really any reason to get flah HT over puma for me personally.
27 Jul 2014, 22:49 PM

T34 costs 100 fuel, not 70.

150 vs 270. Even considereing the OKW fuel income reduction, Puma comes way earlier than T34, and it can defeat one of them with a good micro or a bit of luck.
27 Jul 2014, 23:39 PM

Late game the OKW is just too strong. The Vet 5 units are now made of Stone and just run through enemy fire like its nothing back that up with constant 3 squad wipe from the Stuka Truck every 80 seconds means its impossible to defend a point.

Sector artilery is just a joke versus anything the Ami have (240mm is just laughable inaccurate and gives the Axis time to pack up his picnic and move to a new spot)

Then to top it all off the King Tiger comes out!!!! I mean are you serious Relic.

80% of games against decent opponents end with getting steamed rolled through superior indirect fire and better late game units.

Balance is well off at the moment. Farcical that they didn't learn from their first mistake.

It takes a very long time to get squads to vet five. Pushing an OKW blob back and forcing them to retreat, while at the same time dropping some form of artillery on top of their retreat-point, will most of the time, wipe upwards of 90% of the blob, if not all of it. The stuka makes an extremely perceptible noise, with more than enough ample time to get out of the way upon hearing it fire. The king tiger is only a threat for inexperienced players, as it's easy to flank and run circles around with more agile tanks. Also, letting an OKW get a king tiger out is your own fault. It comes out extremely late at huge cost. You obviously didn't deny them their fuel as hard as you should have. As always, though, no one likes to admit they were simply outplayed, and instead shout "overpowered!" at any unit that an enemy player makes effective usage out of in order to foil their plans for victory.
28 Jul 2014, 00:08 AM

Panther also gets soloed by isu when it approaches a mine on the way to the isu rear :P
28 Jul 2014, 00:10 AM

A ZiS-3 anti tank gun is all someone needs to scare off a panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★