Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

18 Mar 2015, 11:41 AM

They are only useful in around the corner engagements or when using sprint to close in early. Otherwise they can't handle any other units when frontally moving to them. Conscripts will kill ?? 2 models ?? when walking straight up to them.
I think they are a niche unit that is pretty nice where it is now. Reinforcement cost should maybe be a little lower. I tend to use them the only first 5-10 minutes of the game and after that I don't reinforce them anymore and just send what remains of them to cap points and annoy the opponent untill they die. I have the impression their vet bonuses barely buff them and even at vet 3 they die like flies.
18 Mar 2015, 11:42 AM

How to counter assgren spam strat early game?

When closing in in open field ass grens can't even close in on conscripts without loosing 1 or 2 models, 2 conscript squads will even shred a squad of ass grens.

Just make sure to always fight at range.
18 Mar 2015, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 11:42 AMarmatak

When closing in in open field ass grens can't even close in on conscripts without loosing 1 or 2 models, 2 conscript squads will even shred a squad of ass grens.

Just make sure to always fight at range.

Thanks for contributing a good example of incorrect useage of ass grens.
18 Mar 2015, 13:39 PM

You mean a good example on how to fight against ass gren spam as "pussyking" was asking.
18 Mar 2015, 13:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Assgrens: Assgren spam is good against US especially in early game. They are good in forested/close quarters maps. .

Not true,

Ass grens shine against con spam.

Rifles can easily win even in close combat
18 Mar 2015, 13:57 PM

They don't seem to be more effective than conscrips even att close range so... a little bit better feels like the right thing.

I agree with the MP40 buff but no price increase as it would cancel out. Just a slight MP40 buff.

You hardly see them so raise the price huh?

You quoted me from July?? This game has changed exponentially since that time, you tit.
18 Mar 2015, 15:21 PM

You quoted me from July?? This game has changed exponentially since that time, you tit.

So that statement makes sense then?
18 Mar 2015, 15:36 PM

I think they are fine. In combination with LMG Grens they do a ok job as a kind of meat-shield. They also offer Ostheer to get some faster capping in early, if they are the first thing you build.
I often use them in midgame with a halftrack for a kind of "Terran drop-harassment style". But I am still not sure, if that is good version to play them :D.....
18 Mar 2015, 16:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Durability is fine, close to close-mid could use some slight buffs. Because remember the second shocks hit the field or vetted rifles hit the field they are completely worthless. Also is assault engineers vs assault grens worth mentioning?
18 Mar 2015, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 15:36 PMSlate
I think they are fine. In combination with LMG Grens they do a ok job as a kind of meat-shield. They also offer Ostheer to get some faster capping in early, if they are the first thing you build.
I often use them in midgame with a halftrack for a kind of "Terran drop-harassment style". But I am still not sure, if that is good version to play them :D.....

I think you have confused them with Osttruppen.
nee
20 Mar 2015, 18:52 PM

I think they are fine. They are good rushing unit, but its not like you have a billion manpower to start, and they cost more than Grenadiers, so you trade rifle grenades, LMG42 and panzerfaust, making them no good against vehicles for short range firepower.

Used right they can give you a considerable head start, but you have to use that time to get tanks and not dawdle with bunkers and more HMGs and such.
20 Mar 2015, 20:33 PM

In my minimod, I gave them Tactical Advance once you research Battle Phase 2. Haven't been playtested yet but it should improve them greatly for late game.
21 Mar 2015, 14:21 PM

They are too weak, they should be superior to rifleman for the price and lack of versatility (No AT grenade/Smoke etc)
21 Mar 2015, 14:50 PM

What is their accuracy on the move modifier?

21 Mar 2015, 16:48 PM
Patrion 27

5 models makes Assault Grens (and Osstruppen) great to flank, de-crew and steal set-up teams since you can lose a model and not give up the whole unit to take the weapon like Grens or PGrens.
22 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

120 muni StG upgrade would be nice after T2 is upgraded, that could give them some late game scaling.
22 Mar 2015, 17:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They don't need anything drastic, just a bit of a damage increase and maybe a bit more in their veterancy if they'll still need it though they probably won't since their vet is already better or equal to other comparable units I think. The rest is outside circumstances, like how LMGs are still kinda too good overall, or why bother flanking weapon teams with AGs when vet 2 rifle grenades can kill them instead.
22 Mar 2015, 17:32 PM
Donator 33

Assgrens have sligthly better SMG´s than conscripts, but then again...the soviets have the Shocktroopers that basically rape everyone

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/conscript_ppsh-41_sub_machine_gun_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/assault_grenadier_mp40
22 Mar 2015, 18:09 PM

Ass grens shine against con spam.

They do. But this doctrine contains itsef a trap. 'Cause if you wanna play this doctrine, the best is to pick it up since second 1 of the game and call 1-2 squads of AGs in. Your enemy will instanty know what doctrine you have and it's very very easy to counter it. So I don't realy think you will see your enemy using an inadequate tactic unless he's a noob.
22 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 18:09 PMJohnnyB

They do. But this doctrine contains itsef a trap. 'Cause if you wanna play this doctrine, the best is to pick it up since second 1 of the game and call 1-2 squads of AGs in. Your enemy will instanty know what doctrine you have and it's very very easy to counter it. So I don't realy think you will see your enemy using an inadequate tactic unless he's a noob.

Or use it against USF and just rape USF player with everything the doctrine got?
Such poor doctrine.
Must be almost 90% players use it against USF :loco:

Do you even play the game or are equally detached from meta and gameplay as jaigen or alex?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★