Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

27 Jul 2014, 07:23 AM

Make it 1 CP or 2 CP and give them more armor etc.
27 Jul 2014, 07:56 AM

I use them often and in the right place they are excellent. The key is to make no more than 1 or 2 max and use them for their shock value early in the game and later to shadow the mg and cut down flanking units (especially cons with molotiv).

Sorry to say but this is the worse thing to suggest, what is the point of having them at cp1/2, to lose their shock value which they are best for? Plus by CP1/2 pg are already available so there is no point in doing that.
27 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM
Patrion 27

Agreed. I think 1 CP would be a nice spot for them with a small buff it would still fit nicely in the doctrine.
27 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

Assault grenadiers are really weak and very situational. I will like to see some changes. 1CP is okay and even price increase will be fine if at the end they will be usefull units.
15 Feb 2015, 15:14 PM
Donator 11

How to counter assgren spam strat early game?
15 Feb 2015, 15:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

15 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

Assault Grenadiers are not situational, they are junk currently. If you compare them with Sturmpioneers (not doctrinal), Assault Engineers from US, Shock Troopers from Soviets etc.

You shouldn't compare them with the way more expensive Shock Troops in the first place. Also, I don't think assault grenadiers are that bad at all. You just shouldn't spam them because then you'll end up with an army of units that doesn't scale too well, but getting just one certainly helps in the early game. Also, buffing them too much would only make them overlap way too much with PGrens.
15 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

How about a weapon ugrade (3 Stg-44s) for 90 muni?
15 Feb 2015, 17:37 PM

conscripts, I'm not kidding.
15 Feb 2015, 17:46 PM

m3, cons, penals etc
15 Feb 2015, 22:25 PM

Back when shock troops were 1 cp people cried for them to be back at 2 cps because they were too good for 1 cp, which was true.

Assault grens having the power of shock troops at 0 cp? With sprint? Not going to happen.

Edit: They do scale a bit poorly. But their initial stats are fine for their cost. If you want a unit with more punch, go for panzergrenadiers which come out at about the same time as shock troopers.

We don't want them to perform as shocks, but they are terrible. Shocks are also still OP but I'm not gonna argue about it here.

MP40 is the main issue IMO. They only do decent damage at point blank, when stationary! I mean you have to get extremely close to the enemy, stand still and do some damage. One simple counter for them is Molotov. If Assgrens get up your ass without tanking any damage, and you don't have a single unit supporting your flank that's your fault.

I think a simple MP40 buff would be enough. I'm also fine with a slight price increase for compensation. They also scale terribly, so I suggest this:

- MP40 buff (slight damage buff, accuracy on the move buff).
- Armor at vet3.
- Price increase.

About Pzgrens, they are greatly under-performing right now specially now that Ostheer need at least 1 ATG as soon as possible. I don't wanna argue about them either.
28 Feb 2015, 00:42 AM

Give assault grenadier panzerfaust?

An yeah they have sprint but several doctrines give regular grenadier sprint as well.
28 Feb 2015, 00:55 AM
Patrion 28

oh god no; they have sprint. flamer might work.
18 Mar 2015, 07:46 AM

If not faust give them anti-tank rifle upgrade? ^^ Then they would be like panzer grenadier in the side missions for Ostheer. (mp40+ at rifle)
18 Mar 2015, 07:49 AM

Build an M3 you noob.
18 Mar 2015, 07:52 AM

OP, I don't think they need a buff. They are doing quite well if you are not exagerating with them and you don't spam them. Many people spam them since second 1 and that's wrong in my book. They are working just fine together with regular grenadiers.
18 Mar 2015, 08:49 AM

What is their accuracy on the move modifier?
18 Mar 2015, 08:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think they are perfectly fine
18 Mar 2015, 09:19 AM

They are fine, 0cp, 280mp, will win conspricts, penals and rifles close range.
18 Mar 2015, 11:27 AM

They don't seem to be more effective than conscrips even att close range so... a little bit better feels like the right thing.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 22:25 PMRMMLz
We don't want them to perform as shocks, but they are terrible. Shocks are also still OP but I'm not gonna argue about it here.

MP40 is the main issue IMO. They only do decent damage at point blank, when stationary! I mean you have to get extremely close to the enemy, stand still and do some damage. One simple counter for them is Molotov. If Assgrens get up your ass without tanking any damage, and you don't have a single unit supporting your flank that's your fault.

I think a simple MP40 buff would be enough. I'm also fine with a slight price increase for compensation. They also scale terribly, so I suggest this:

- MP40 buff (slight damage buff, accuracy on the move buff).
- Armor at vet3.
- Price increase.

About Pzgrens, they are greatly under-performing right now specially now that Ostheer need at least 1 ATG as soon as possible. I don't wanna argue about them either.

I agree with the MP40 buff but no price increase as it would cancel out. Just a slight MP40 buff.

A buff? prehaps but they will need a price increase if so, as it stands i very very rarely see them and their current state is the most likely reson

You hardly see them so raise the price huh?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
United Kingdom 158
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak