Login

russian armor

Soviet Sniper ZiS

25 Jul 2014, 13:48 PM

Some thoughts.

ZiS vs Pak...
First, fine I understand both have their own abilties on vet 1, but artillery barrage?!
It's unlocked from vet 0; how about removing this and let mortar be more effective and fulfilling in its role? mortar is supposed to be the one on crashing defenses and it's fine right now, but a goddamn 320 manpower AT Gun doing both units' jobs? That is just too "cheap". AT Gun is supposed to be anti-tank, not blasting people from 100 meters away?

about vet 1 abilities:
Tracking, very fine.
Pak40 Stun Round: NEVER hits a goddamn tank. It costs 40 MU, but the accuracy is what...1%? Hell, let the stun round remains on normal pak shot hit chance! why would I try so hard to get it to Vet 1 & pay 40 MU for nothing to happen?

Soviet Sniper vs German Sniper:
-- 2 men vs 1 man. Bullshit, come on! Either change it back to 1 man just like old COH style, OR; fine, giving way, make it 2-men for noobs, but change the health and armor of 2-men together identical to German one, so they still take the same damage from small arms fire.
-- Flare vs Nothing: Wtf? German discrimination? I suppose it won't be a problem for a sniper to carry a flare around isn't it? It's not Soviet potented! Why do they get a free ability from scratch again?
-- Sprint vs Stun Round: Completely BS. Sprint? so you can basically overextend and run back when you see a counter coming your way. What is this? Noob Retreat Free button? On the other hand, the counter part Stun Round...so shoot an explosive round on someone, and it doesn't act like a human grenade? lol I was expecting people around it to blow up in pieces!! Stun? I dont need some guys stunned, I need blood spilling everywhere!! Not to mention stun round dont kill more than 2 guys when they are not super close.

AND allies infantry pathing made them all spread out, while axis infantry are super close together so one ZiS arty shot squad wipe is no news.

Soviet Sniper has everything, it's a goddamn 1 man 2 men army. It's OP; and noobs can keep spamming over 2v2 team games and kick the shit out of you. seriously. Hurt one? Sprint; Kill one? reinforce; Wipe one? rebuild it
Venting Completed
25 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

Calm your tits dude, soviet sniper is by far not the problem.
Soviet sniper team shoots way slower than the German one.
The stun round will most likely kill both soviet snipers. So that one is by far not useless.

Pak 40 Target Weak point is useless nevertheless.
Bugged since CoH2 alpha it hasn't done anything in my games ever.
25 Jul 2014, 14:00 PM

If you consider ost vs usf then the german sniper is much much better.

Stun round can kill 3 models if bunched and gives you time to get an extra shot off. It's almost a squad wipe button.

Soviet one suffers from being slowfiring and feels in general more sluggish with much worse cloaking and less mobility when jumping fences etc. If you kill a model they are out of the fight for a long time if they retreat.

Ost sniper you just need a medic bunker then you bleed no manpower. They can vet really fast vs usf and then they do become very good.

Is TWP still broken on Pak? It targets ground, so misses a lot I think.
25 Jul 2014, 14:04 PM

Just some "thoughts", yeh right. :D
25 Jul 2014, 14:11 PM

The Pak outclasses the ZiS in anti-tank roles, which is amplified by the fact that the pak is facing weaker armor than the ZiS. The ZiS gets the barrage to compensate for its lacking AT ability.

iirc the Stun round is bugged right now, and it doesn't track the target, so when you use the ability, that's where the round is going to fire. This means that in the heat of battle you can't use the stun round to stop flanking T34s, but I do find it useful to start a flank if you have vision on their tank and they don't see it coming. Or if you first use the Stug HEAT round for a chain stun of like a minute.

As for snipers, I don't use them often enough to comment on the other stuff, but I can say that the Incendiary Round can be pretty useful. And if units are bunched up, the round can immolate multiple guys at once. There was some video that was trending a while back where it killed a whole squad or something. It's super situational, but it can be pretty useful if done right.

Not saying I wouldn't rather have sprint 9 times out of 10. But, that is by design. Soviet units are supposed to be worse stat-wise, but with greater flexibility in their abilities. That's why Soviet tanks can cap, artillery can be used as anti-tank guns etc. German units on the other hand tend to have abilities that only increase their already intended role, i.e. at guns have better at rounds, mg teams have better mg rounds. Doesn't apply to every unit, but it seems to apply to most.
25 Jul 2014, 14:11 PM

Just some "thoughts", yeh right. :D

ya some thoughts or vents XD
I mostly play 2v2 team games now, 1v1 fractions matchup is...weird. Not to mention the map is so big/the squads walk so damn slow.
25 Jul 2014, 14:17 PM

If you consider ost vs usf then the german sniper is much much better.

Stun round can kill 3 models if bunched and gives you time to get an extra shot off. It's almost a squad wipe button.

Soviet one suffers from being slowfiring and feels in general more sluggish with much worse cloaking and less mobility when jumping fences etc. If you kill a model they are out of the fight for a long time if they retreat.

Ost sniper you just need a medic bunker then you bleed no manpower. They can vet really fast vs usf and then they do become very good.

Is TWP still broken on Pak? It targets ground, so misses a lot I think.

Seriously. Stun Round don't kill more than 1 men if they are not super closely bunched up.

AND the pathing of allies infantry made them spreadout while axis inf are clumped up for ZiS to
get a shot for squad wipe.

AND none of it can justify Soviet Sniper has 3 superiorities vs 1 useless ability.
25 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

ZiS fires slowly as hell, does less damage and has to fight agaisnt better armored tanks than the Pak. Arty barrage compensates that, is really ammo expensive and after first shell you should be dumb to don't move away.

Soviet sniper is clearly better than the axis one in my opinion, but axis infantry has much better long range damage, so instead of trying to countersnipe soviet snipers try to flank and force a retreat where you have high chances to kill them while running to base.

Btw, axis snipers are great for dealing against Shocks who can't do a shit long range damage.
25 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Zis vs Pak:
-if you want to take out barrage (which is 60muni, and if you lose something after 1st barrage it´s your fault) give it proper AT stats. RoF and Pen.
-TWP is bugged (meaning it targets ground) but works specially as a initiator or slower targets. You don´t use it against a fast tank which is movin on the open. On urban enviroments it´s far easier to land.
-Tracking doesn´t extend vision (nerf) just gives you minimap (tactical map) vision.

Instead of stating the obvious i would give some advices:
-x2 SU vs x2 OH: ger sniper forces hold fire (if he goes early x2 snipers) which means less xp, which means later guards, which means more time for 222 to deal damage.
-Ger sniper on cover cloaks faster than what the SU sniper can shoot.
-Ger sniper is on T1, so you get it by default. T1 as soviets locks you on an AI tier, which means you either expend more fuel on T2 or you won´t have AT support.
Vaz
25 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM

I love using the Ost sniper more than the Soviet one. Soviet one takes forever to kill, it's clumsier, and docile. I wonder if they toned down that incendiary shot, because when i used it last it pretty much wiped out the squad I was attacking with it. Ost sniper is really really good vs Americans.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★