Login

russian armor

Der Fallschirmjäger

25 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM

Make them spawn with 2x FG42, 2x K98k. Buff the damage of the FG42 a little bit (but not a crazy amount) and give them a 90muni upgrade that swaps out the remaining 2x K98k with 2 more FG42s. Thus, on initial spawn from a building they are not quite so powerful, but after an upgrade they scale a bit better into the late-game.
25 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 11:36 AMnee
I wish they had some upgrades to represent their better firepower. Yeah I know, this sort of means they are not going to be used in the way they are now.
The upgrades could depend on doctrine abilities as well, assuming down the line more OKW commanders get to deploy FJs. G43s with a suppression ability instead of FG42s I am thinking of. A shorter ranged upgrade like MP40s plus stun grenades could also be another alternative. The FG42 itself could be an upgrade, though this might mean that one of the aforementioned upgrades will have to take its place as vanilla weapons.
I personally like to see the FG42s being an upgrade given their firepower, but this might mean reducing the manpower cost as well as finding a siutable alternative weapon for them, less they become near-useless for anything besides panzerfausting a near-dead tank. IMO their Panzerfaust is one of the bigges reasons why I even bother using them, besides an emergency deployment to help a firefight.

I think you don't understand how to use them. Read Porygon reasons to used them. There is nothing like increase firepower. They are not here for that....

25 Jul 2014, 11:55 AM

Do you people even realize they have THE most utility of ANY OKW infantry as well as almost 20 dps at max range? Only Obersoldaten have more and they can't really sneak up on you.

Do you even know they can move in cover just like snipers?

They are expensive to field, because spamming them would be batshit OP.
25 Jul 2014, 12:25 PM

JLIs and Volks have more utility(especially if u go fortification doctrine or if u have infiltration nade). Falls are too expensive for their cost and about vet every OKW gets better with vet, instead of a vetted Falls I'd rather have vetted Obers.
nee
25 Jul 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 11:46 AMrafiki

I think you don't understand how to use them. Read Porygon reasons to used them. There is nothing like increase firepower. They are not here for that....

I took the OP's list as more of an example rather than an anecdote. He was after all asking a question, which was whether if there was anything else to them.

Unless that retreating squad was vet3 and has some interesting weapons, spending 440MP just for an increased opportunity (nor even a full guarantee) to wipe it out is pretty steep. The panzerfaust one I agree with. Using them to outflank the odd Maxim may still prove a gamble. And how often will you be in a position to flank an MG especially when its near an empty house, notwithstanding ou play the same map over and over again?
25 Jul 2014, 16:29 PM

They are good at long range in cover like stated above and they have Faust which is really nice to have for an ambush squad.

But I feel they are overpriced. Milka brought up that they are worth less than their call in cost. But their call in cost has an opportunity cost attached to it. This is why they have a lower reinforce cost and time than Obers.

All that said I still prefer Obers. Spawning in buildings is great. Until a smart player on maps like crossing levels the buildings. Then you have over priced weaker Obers.

25 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM

Just give the Fallschirmjäger FG42 unscoped, and let them be able to upgrade FG42 with a scope/bipod to make them more like in CoH1.

They die kinda easily, imho it would make more sense if they would be more durable and more elite and replacing Obersoldaten as most elite infantry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★