Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
27 Jul 2014, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2014, 20:03 PMmariens
this thing is so broken, i havent played in a while but seems like everyone in team games is just spamming them, one broken unit after another, well done relic well done

Sadly but you are right.
27 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

I am uploading a replay of a game where you can see how Katyusha is not simply a blob punishment tool now (as some people here seem to indicate), but it oneshots whole squads that are definitely not blobbed during capping without prewarning with frightening reliability (you can hear the sound, alright, but I still cannot know where the rockets are aiming at before the first rockets appear; ironically when you blob you can predict fairly well where you have to retreat).

http://www.coh2.org/replay/21205/replay-for-katyusha-thread/
Vaz
27 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

Many of you calling for nerfs are mistaken on some things. The way I'm using it, even the old stats would wreck these okw blobs. I hit after the retreat when they are all clumped up at the base. Unless the damage per rocket is dropped below 80, squad wipes will occur.

You can hunt down katyusha even and especially in larger team games. I have lost several to simple assassins.

I didn't even realize that stuka has counterbattery. It doesn't get easier than that. Just 1 rocket blows katyusha

I think many also don't realize that katyusha was very damaging before, because everyone went t3. I'm not saying this add a way to say Katy is fine now, but rather that the way many people play okw is still going to result in them losing all infantry to Katy. My team build before the patch has not changed, I started going Katy first to bomb trucks on retreat and it wiped lots of squads then.

Light vehicles could be destroyed before as well, most can't take more than 4 80 damage rockets. That means that precision strike will destroy a light vehicle before the patch.

Speaking of precision strike, some of these encounters sound like stories of such. It squad wiped before.

The reversion of the recent patch changes will mostly have an effect of allowing buildings to last longer. Everything else the rockets where destroying before will still get destroyed with maybe a little less rng. I have found that the ambient buildings get destroyed faster now, but I have also learned to maximize the amount of rockets that hit where i want.

Some say they are losing tanks to rockets. While it's possible, this concern seems like it has more to do with being outplayed. The rockets have a very low penetration and considering they would impact the top of a tank where the armor is not that good, it's not such a difficult thing to imagine would possible. Still it's not very often that rocket goes through. If your getting hit by 3 katyusha, then your doing something wrong, because it's very hard to protect 3. That would consume most of the pop cap not leaving room for tank destroyers. There needs to be a level of personal accountability here, not that relic should just nerf things because you can't destroy it often enough barely trying. Even good players on the top ten would have difficulty protecting this clumsy thing.

The extreme fragility and high relative costs warrants the high damage factor to me.
27 Jul 2014, 15:54 PM

So Relic you think those 85 fuel pushing an "I delete a bunch of your squads and truck" button in every 45 seconds is fine?

This shit is even more broken than the old "I WIN" Sturmvovik
27 Jul 2014, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 15:33 PMVaz

The extreme fragility and high relative costs warrants the high damage factor to me.

It warrants it for you because you never face it. If you played as the other side, you would see why people are complaining.

I understand it's a nice toy for you. I understand it helps you win. What I don't understand is why you don't see what it's like to face it before making comments and saying it's fine.
27 Jul 2014, 17:01 PM

It warrants it for you because you never face it. If you played as the other side, you would see why people are complaining.

I understand it's a nice toy for you. I understand it helps you win. What I don't understand is why you don't see what it's like to face it before making comments and saying it's fine.

Not only that he claims that counter-barrage is the answer to kats. maybe if it worked at all it might help against retarded noobs who don't move after shooting.
27 Jul 2014, 17:21 PM

In the meantime, I've found a ninja 222 to be the best counter when playing Ostheer. When you hear that first barrage, spot it in the fog of war and make it a priority to sneak in your AC. Go around the map and take a longer route that doesn't see much action if you have to. Rush that sucka before it can shoot another barrage. I managed to take out 2 Katyushas this way yesterday and still was able to pull out my 222 to safety in a random 4v4 game (insta vet 3!).

On another note, it's amusing to see some of these new Katyusha abusers try out the SU-85 and completely #getREKT.
27 Jul 2014, 17:26 PM

On another note, it's amusing to see some of these new Katyusha abusers try out the SU-85 and completely #getREKT.

lol yea, i got rushed by 3 su's in a 4v4. while i was building a kt. they ran around the island on steppes like t34's, they shot once and got blown to hell by shrecks. then the player says GERMANS OP. RELIC STUPID NEED NERF GERMANS, you know the typical allied player BS hypocrisy. i just lol. what about the op as fuck kat he blew up my allies fhq's with in two shots and destroyed all his infantry?
27 Jul 2014, 17:39 PM

then the player says GERMANS OP. RELIC STUPID NEED NERF GERMANS, you know the typical allied player BS hypocrisy. i just lol. what about the op as fuck kat he blew up my allies fhq's with in two shots and destroyed all his infantry?

Dude, did an allied player kill your parents?

Stop turning every single thread into a fanboy-war.
Most people use now kats because right now they're effective, as axis players use certain units because they're effective too. I don't see anyone using units like Brummbar or T70...

People are adapting to soviet T4 because it is the new meta against OKW, and of course SU82 are harder to micro than T3 tanks, so it's normal to see players losing SU82 like noobs and complaining. There's no hypocresy in there, just noobs bitching about their lack of skill, and if you can't understand that this is a game and that everyone here are "CoH players" and not "allied/axis players" then you should refrain a little your commments, as they are absolutely biased and aggressive.
27 Jul 2014, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 17:39 PMGreeb

Dude, did an allied player kill your parents?

Stop turning every single thread into a fanboy-war.
Most people use now kats because right now they're effective, as axis players use certain units because they're effective too. I don't see anyone using units like Brummbar or T70...

People are adapting to soviet T4 because it is the new meta against OKW, and of course SU82 are harder to micro than T3 tanks, so it's normal to see players losing SU82 like noobs and complaining. There's no hypocresy in there, just noobs bitching about their lack of skill, and if you can't understand that this is a game and that everyone here are "CoH players" and not "allied/axis players" then you should refrain a little your commments, as they are absolutely biased and aggressive.

lol people are using kats because they are op as hell. fucking rights my posts are aggressive. im sick of the lies on these threads coming from a group of about 6 people on here that are totally biased to allies and are complaining about absolutely everything that germans have that is half decent. the same group defending stupid shit like maxims/kats/spamming easy8's/spammingt34/85's.
27 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

lol people are using kats because they are op as hell. fucking rights my posts are aggressive. im sick of the lies on these threads coming from a group of about 6 people on here that are totally biased to allies and are complaining about absolutely everything that germans have that is half decent. the same group defending stupid shit like maxims/kats/spamming easy8's/spammingt34/85's.

Apparently you don't see the irony that you are doing the very same you're complaining...

Even worse, as your gameplay experience is based in the gamemode where is the most difficult to see balance issues.
27 Jul 2014, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 17:50 PMGreeb

Apparently you don't see the irony that you are doing the very same you're complaining...

LOL pointing out that the kat, maxim, easy8spam is overperforming is not complaining. ITS POINTING OUT FACTS. why the hell would i play 1v1 and 2v2? to get roflstomped by rifle and maxim spam? lower game modes favor allies incredibly atm.
27 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

enough guys could we try to keep it on topic and try to be respectful to your fellow forumites. I also don't want to hear the word fanboy (or anything like it) again, its irreverent to the topic, which is the katyusha needing a nerf. its reaching the point where i think all that can be said has been said so if this keeps up don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.
27 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM
Donator 22

reduce the damage or increase the recharge time to 1 1/2 min IMO
27 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Today I learnt that the 251 flaktrack gets taken out in two rockets, so even if I start undeploying the moment I hear the Katyusha sound, it gets killed instantly. Not fun.
27 Jul 2014, 18:04 PM

Stuka is the same in green
27 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 17:57 PMWiFiDi
enough guys could we try to keep it on topic and try to be respectful to your fellow forumites. I also don't want to hear the word fanboy (or anything like it) again, its irreverent to the topic, which is the katyusha needing a nerf. its reaching the point where i think all that can be said has been said so if this keeps up don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.

I don't think there is anything else left to say.
Every decent player already agreed Katyusha needs to be adjusted. What left is a bunch of bias players trying to defend it, being deaf to any reasoning.
27 Jul 2014, 19:54 PM

reduce the damage or increase the recharge time to 1 1/2 min IMO

OR? how bout and, and more? Because when Relic buffs or nerfs thing they don't say like "we either buff this part or that part" they go like "we buff by doing this and that and this" So they gave the weapon multiple buffs so now it needs a lot of nerfs.

They can just give it one accuracy buff but they also increase the AOE, the damage and other stuff, it's ridiculous.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS