Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
26 Jul 2014, 19:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Have any of you tried tracking down and killing arty vehicles?

1v1 yeah sure. Skill of both players >> map dependant.

2v2 hmmm... map dependant >>>> skill of players

3v3+ hahahahahaha
26 Jul 2014, 20:03 PM

this thing is so broken, i havent played in a while but seems like everyone in team games is just spamming them, one broken unit after another, well done relic well done
26 Jul 2014, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Okay tracking down Katyusha may be a problem, but so is tracking down stuka!
26 Jul 2014, 20:23 PM

Okay tracking down Katyusha may be a problem, but so is tracking down stuka!

Except u can get 1 stuka,soviets can get spam endless katyusha.Lose 1 or 2 no problem.
26 Jul 2014, 20:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Well if you plan playing without Tanks or anything that costs fuel... Sorry but that's unrealistic.
26 Jul 2014, 20:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i have been though and probably invised more posts than I've had to invis in a single thread in a long time. please stay on topic (this is about Katusha's not anything else), and atleast be civil the forums are not a place to call people names. (ie: fanboy, retard, stupid)

just because you can reply doesn't mean you should there is a report button for a very good reason.

and remember... :thumbsup:
26 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM

If Katyusha had 2 minutes cd, costed 130 fuel to produce, smaller range and had tighter AoE I wouldn't mind it to stay the way it is provided damage to the base building was adjusted. Ambient building damage can be the same.

''It's fine if you apply 5 nerfs to it''. Yeah great reasoning. it's OP but it's not an insta-win unit either.

And it IS also very vulnerable. That doesn't make it balanced, but the thing dies to 1 tank shot and is very cumbersome. On some map, it's very possible to track down and destroy, depending on opponent's skill.

It needs nerfs. That is beyond question. What it doesn't need is to be hit so hard with the nerfbat it sinks into irrelevance once again.

Arty in general needs to be looked at, honestly. Rocket artillery currently dominates the meta by being mobile and tremendously powerful, while most howitzers save the B4, and even then, are barely ever built because they are too cumbersome, easy to avoid and easily destroyed. Even after the buff, the 480 MP US pack howie still barely tickles the enemy, for example. Howitzers should be the more powerful but immobile ones, rocket artillery needs a nerf across the board for being way too easy to use and way too potent in general. In particular it needs a range and damage decrease IMO.
26 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM

Permanently Banned
And even though you made my post invis (i don't know why because we are discussing game situations atm what is important regarding balance!?) You can't rush Kat as sovjet because you would play without AT!!
26 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM

And even though you made my post invis (i don't know why because we are discussing game situations atm what is important regarding balance!?) You can't rush Kat as sovjet because you would play without AT!!

AT guns mister!
26 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
AT Guns get raped by Stuka so it's not an option in this case.
26 Jul 2014, 21:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you were also talking about the stuka which has nothing to do with the thread im trying to focus it down on what this thread is really about.
26 Jul 2014, 21:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2014, 21:22 PMWiFiDi

you were also talking about the stuka which has nothing to do with the thread im trying to focus it down on what this thread is really about.

That's really good, but you can't discuss about nerfing Katyusha leaving out a decent talk about the performance of the Stuka? So I think you should leave some space to discuss this in a wide context.
26 Jul 2014, 21:35 PM
Patrion 14

As long as the discussion is open minded and using the stuka for reference (overall scatter, dmg per volley etc) just to get an overall idea of what the unit does, I dont see the harm in it. Still, arguing that one unit should/shouldnt be nerfed because of another unit does/doesnt get nerfed feels kind of weird. The units are assymetric and what one unit does doesnt always reflect the performance or cost of another in another army.
26 Jul 2014, 22:22 PM

I've seen Stuka and Katyushas a lot and it seems like Katyusha squads wipes more often than the Stuka. For some reason the Stuka manages to miss their target are just kill a few units even when the red target line is right on top of them and with 2 minutes recharge time this ineffectiveness is unacceptable.

Now Katyusha just outperform Stukas. Relic did not give Katyusha one buff they buffed it heavily. They do more damage, more splash damage, and they are also more accurate. They weren't even bad before the patch yet Relic thought it would be a good idea to super buff it.

The Katyusha already has its advantages over the panzerwerfer and Stuka but now it outperforms them in everything. More splash damage, more range, more damage, more accuracy, a barrage ability, faster recharge time, long area denial. What the hell was Relic thinking, I don't see how the OKW can win against allies unless they already conquered them early game.

The Germans also have to kill targets that has more hp because Soviet weapon teams have more infantry than the German weapon teams, therefore the Soviet weapon teams have less chance of getting squad wiped, so the Germans need the firepower.

The Katyusha needs a lot of nerfs, the only thing that was needed was an accuracy buff but all the other stuff are just overkill.
27 Jul 2014, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2014, 21:22 PMWiFiDi

Absolutely what this thread needed. Thank you.

The validity of the katyusha's current state should be based on the katyusha alone and its effect on the player and opposition.
27 Jul 2014, 01:22 AM

Just finished a game where I killed 2 enemy katyushas with one barrage, and later on 2 more + some supporting units with 1 stuka counterbattery

They sit there for a full 6 seconds firing their rockets, show up in the fog of war, and die in literally one hit. Fallschirms popping out of a building could kill one without a faust before your enemy knew what was going on.
27 Jul 2014, 01:29 AM

Probably the easiest unit to kill in the game. Slow as fuck, zero armour, zero health, appears on the map when it gets used.
27 Jul 2014, 04:54 AM

[Katyushas] weren't even bad before the patch yet Relic thought it would be a good idea to super buff it.

:loco:
27 Jul 2014, 10:02 AM

''It's fine if you apply 5 nerfs to it''. Yeah great reasoning. it's OP but it's not an insta-win unit either.

And it IS also very vulnerable. That doesn't make it balanced, but the thing dies to 1 tank shot and is very cumbersome. On some map, it's very possible to track down and destroy, depending on opponent's skill.

It needs nerfs. That is beyond question. What it doesn't need is to be hit so hard with the nerfbat it sinks into irrelevance once again.

Arty in general needs to be looked at, honestly. Rocket artillery currently dominates the meta by being mobile and tremendously powerful, while most howitzers save the B4, and even then, are barely ever built because they are too cumbersome, easy to avoid and easily destroyed. Even after the buff, the 480 MP US pack howie still barely tickles the enemy, for example. Howitzers should be the more powerful but immobile ones, rocket artillery needs a nerf across the board for being way too easy to use and way too potent in general. In particular it needs a range and damage decrease IMO.

Ironically I described Stuka and you think this would be an over nerf? Interesting.
27 Jul 2014, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

Ironically I described Stuka and you think this would be an over nerf? Interesting.
#REKT
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight