Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 16:19 PM

Having given them a spin, the munitions income sure has made OKW a more explosion-tastic army, and my fears for fuel transfer were thankfully unfounded.

I can actually afford to play with fuel transfer on for a lot of the game and still have some muni for a handful of upgrades AND nades, now, though, rather than picking one. I like this. Pump the fuel into a heavy tank and then forego fuel to fund my ever more elaborate mines and offmap strikes. Excellent.
23 Jul 2014, 16:22 PM

WOW is all I have to say.

Last night in a 3 V 3 match with 2 OKWs and one Ostheer I was actually able to get 2 KT's on the field simultaneously.

I have never been able to do that before so whatever they did to fuel costs and the munitions it is EXTREMELY noticeable.

This was in addition to the fact that I had previously had a KT with 2 jadpanthers, the jagds died and were replaced with another KT. I feel like I am swimming in fuel in team games now.

The only saving grace for the allies is currently everyone has the stupid fucking imba rifle commander and the katyusha is now an unholy death machine. Most games I see 2-3 of these being fielded and it just wrecks absolutely everything.

But the flip side is it seems easier to mass werfers now so I suppose that's balanced.

Ultimately I feel this patch was a massive freaking buff to OKW, and they don't feel starved anymore now they just feel hungry for tank spam...
23 Jul 2014, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Aren´t the 10 muni nades a bit to cheap now with this new munition income ?
23 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

Aren´t the 10 muni nades a bit to cheap now with this new munition income ?

I get the feeling the 10muni is just a token cost considering you need to be out of combat for a certain amount of time to use it being the 'real' cost. I wouldn't mind seeing it go up to 15 or something to even out if required (x1.5 in ratio with the increase)
23 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM

Katsusha is even more terrifying than US Calliope, a single rocket can ensure squad wipe. :/
23 Jul 2014, 17:18 PM

Played as soviets in 2 team games..got 25-30 plus kills with katyusha in both.But despite this i like the new change as soviets now using t4 again,instead of just t-34/85,isu or is-2.Yes its a tad bit oevrdone..but unit feels worthy.Only sad thing is panzerwerfer remains shit.Overall quite a good patch from relic,except the ignore wehr part.
23 Jul 2014, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 16:35 PMPorygon
Katsusha is even more terrifying than US Calliope, a single rocket can ensure squad wipe. :/

Second volley of katyusha rockets arrives bit later,giving u time to retreat survivors.With calliope all rockets came so fast u often couldn't retreat.Though cooldown can be increased.I'm happy with performance.Sov t4 has no solid AI save shitty su-76 and this balances that out.
23 Jul 2014, 17:22 PM

I like that Soviet t4 isint useless anymore. Now we need to put wehr T4 back into the game.
23 Jul 2014, 17:34 PM

wow Kat launches 4 volleys right? 1 volley wiped 1squad of Obers and another squad of 4man shreck'd volks. Soviet's version of Stuka?
23 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM

The OKW shrek blob, mg34 with Panther backing is impossible for the Soviets to deal with now. There is literally nothing they have that can handle it.
23 Jul 2014, 17:56 PM
23 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

The OKW shrek blob, mg34 with Panther backing is impossible for the Soviets to deal with now. There is literally nothing they have that can handle it.

I hear the katyusha can deal some damage now ;)
23 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:49 AMBurts
Looks like they are slowly scrapping the resuorce starvation from okw.

Which is fine considering that in 1944 germans made more equipment than in any other year of the war.

Sure, but then it's time to scrap super eliteness from them also.
vet3 is enough.
23 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 17:57 PMCruzz

I hear the katyusha can deal some damage now ;)

Good luck getting more than one volley off. That Panther is going to make a Bline for it.
23 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM

Okay holy molly.

Katyushas in team games are now almost as game breaking as werfers.

The last 4 V 4 I amassed over 120 kills with them. I had 3 trucks constantly firing and once they hit vet 3, which happens almost instantly now, I think they fire every 30s?

Seriously one salvo will now usually completely obliterate 1 - 2 squads, having 2 fire will erase whatever infantry happen to be standing on the point. I even managed to perma stun a jagdtiger until it was taken out by my allies AT guns. They also just completely wreck OKW trucks with the double damage buff and massive AOE increase. Your opponent built his Flak truck near a fuel point? No problem! 3 barrages will erase it from the map.

Don't get me wrong I am now in love with the new meta game, but I feel like this may have been a giant step back from the whole "we don't want insta gib arty anymore".

Plus LOL at the panzerwerfer, it is a piece of shit in comparison now. Katyusha for president!
23 Jul 2014, 18:14 PM

actually the penality on munitions never made sense, but yeah this might seem like hindsight now:

okw got 5 lvls of vet for being starved in resources. so far so good.

but no unit ever (yeah yeah assgrens once) ever had a munitions cost. it makes sense to starve them of fuel, since you need it to get your vet5 tanks on the field.

munitions though? most of them go into non-scaling abilities (nades, mines, off maps,flares, etc) and the rest is going into upgrades that might somewhat scale (pshreks wont profit from most of the vet volks get, same goes for pintle mgs... the infrared rifles obers get actually scale pretty well though).

so yeah its not really related to the whole vet 5 thing imo
23 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

Wasn't the OKW people saying the answer to OP rocket artillery is not to blob?
23 Jul 2014, 18:54 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 16:35 PMPorygon

This. Please Ffs test before you double the damage increase the accuracy of a unit that fires half way across the map, how exactly are you supposed to kill that shit
23 Jul 2014, 20:04 PM

So yeah, Katyushas as basically as deadly as Walking Stukas now. The damage is insane, AoE and increased accuracy means it will cause losses even if fired into the fog of war. I once forced a mass retreat of an OKW blobber, fired it at his medic truck later, boom, 16 kills in one salvo. It's an extreme example, but this thing is now friggin dope.

Still very vulnerable to a vehicle rush, so I wouldn't nerf it to the ground again. Lower damage and accuracy a bit and it should be a powerful artillery.
23 Jul 2014, 20:08 PM

This. Please Ffs test before you double the damage increase the accuracy of a unit that fires half way across the map, how exactly are you supposed to kill that shit

I've been days complaining about Stuka being OP, and I think the same about new Katyusha. Those units just kill the "unit preservation" essence this game has, being able to wipe whole units just clicking a button. But if people thought that Stuka was fine before, then Katyusha is fine too.

Seems that people here are so pro that they can predict where the barrage will fall just by hearing the sound, and of course they never lose units to artillery because their micro is godly and these cheap tactics doesn't work against them.
We, average mortals, should manage as we can for the time being until someone understands that arty was funny in vCoH because usually it was the last ability in some doc trees, hard to see till the lategame and hardly spammeable.

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS