Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Let's talk.

22 Jul 2014, 08:07 AM

What time will it be in Australia when these are released? My credit card is waiting.
22 Jul 2014, 08:14 AM

Relic wont tell us what the duplicates are for. Even after reading their blog on why they did what they did still doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

"In order to balance the system and create consistent drops for all players, it became necessary to drop duplicate items."

You do not want that players who have all current bulletins/commanders unlocked have everything in just a few weeks, while new people take years. They said it should have the same drop chance for a new as for a legacy player. The other possibility to make drops unique, but scale down the drop rate would be just as annoying, as the people with lots of unlocks would complain that they do not get any drops at all.

1.) There should have been no duplicates from the beginning.
2.) We should have been allowed to buy premiums from the beginning. (no duplicate)
3.) We also need to be allowed to unlock them through war spoils.

with no duplicates that system would have worked perfectly and would have been exactly what the community would have liked.

It would not have needed to be improved on except for maybe a few minor tweaks here and there.

It wouldnt have felt like unlocking commanders was like pushing water up a hill of duplicate faceplates.

It would have felt like unlocking the unwanted faceplate or bulletin was getting it out of the way of your chances at a new commander. thus, even unwanted unlocks would have been rewarding in the sense that they still highten your chances at something new each time you unlock anything.

but now you're being vague and telling us to wait and see what is next.

why are you even considering to keep the duplicate plague that is suffocating your game?

The system is meant exactly that having an unlock does not change the unlock chance for something else. I mean, she basically just told you that duplicates are necessary for how their system is designed.

better yet, your blog practically told us that you released War Spoils before it was ready. Why did you do that?

lol. So you'd have preferred it if there was no chance to unlock stuff at all instead of giving people a few weeks (months?) before the system is finished? In the end, the only two things missing were a.) value for the duplicates and b.) an explanation why duplicates are in.
22 Jul 2014, 08:26 AM

What time will it be in Australia when these are released? My credit card is waiting.
Seeing as the western front armies commanders are going into rotation, I would say that there is atleast a week until they change anything. I doubt there would give the commanders free at the same time as making it purchasable.
22 Jul 2014, 08:32 AM

Seeing as the western front armies commanders are going into rotation, I would say that there is atleast a week until they change anything. I doubt there would give the commanders free at the same time as making it purchasable.

WFA commanders in rotation on the 22nd. Then they become purchaseable on the 23rd. :P
22 Jul 2014, 08:46 AM

Good news, should appease both the P2W crowd and the Fix War Spoils crowd. My next guess is people who don't want to pay for the commanders are going to bitch about the people who do pay for them and use them against them.
22 Jul 2014, 08:47 AM

I just want the P4 OKW commander :<
22 Jul 2014, 08:53 AM
Benefactor 115

Thanks for posting and also welcome!
22 Jul 2014, 09:26 AM
Patrion 27

I have been a vocal proponent of a paid option for the new commanders so big fat +1 to you guys!
22 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

So it seems like they are going with the original plan of purchasable commanders being very rare drops. The real issue is they didn't make them purchasable from the get go.

Too bad they got rid of the timed drops. I thought they were a nice way to give players a demo of commanders without winning full access. They just needed to be charges instead of timed.
22 Jul 2014, 10:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah but they don't need that if they have rotation
22 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

I don't like that they sell now the commanders that we technically already have paid for by buying WFA. Their model is fine for future commanders and an improvement to the old system where you could only buy commanders but not get them from playing, but not for the three commanders that came out with WFA. It would be better if they made those commanders available immediately after buying WFA, or unlockable by leveling like in the old system.

Now I feel nearly obligated to buy commanders that I already paid for because the War Spoil system cannot be relied on, however unless those commanders get offered VERY cheap I will have to resist on that.

I am currently more interested in how they make duplicates useful, because I have tons.
22 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

A purpose and value for duplicates you say?

Please, continue, I'm enthralled.
22 Jul 2014, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 10:46 AMLAconic
A purpose and value for duplicates you say?

Please, continue, I'm enthralled.

i want that skin (blue one) :O oh and nice war spoils you got there. i bet you didnt get a single commander though . am i right?
22 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

Luckily I didn't spend much time farming on those war spoils items.
^_^
22 Jul 2014, 12:21 PM

Relic tried to fix one problem by introducing a new feature. A feature that is so broken that it caused a huge amount of annoyance and backlash and is now a problem. Relic try to fix that problem by bringing back the original problem that the second problem was supposed to fix.

So now we're back to square one, but with two problems instead of one.

22 Jul 2014, 12:27 PM

So now we're back to square one, but with two problems instead of one.

People who can afford and want to, can buy them.

People who don't want to spend money will be able to get them for free via drops.

You have went full retard with this statement. And I'm not talking normal full retard, I'm talking lolcake full retard type.
22 Jul 2014, 12:43 PM

i want that skin (blue one) :O oh and nice war spoils you got there. i bet you didnt get a single commander though . am i right?

ohh damn, this is heilarious :snfPeter:
22 Jul 2014, 12:45 PM

'People who can afford and want to, can buy them.' - remind me again why war spoils was introduced.

'People who don't want to spend money will be able to get them for free via drops. - LOL, you've got a great sense of humour. Next tell the one about how common they are, and how there aren't any duplicates.

22 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM

Was content made after the games release: OK to sell
Was content made before the games release: Not OK to sell

This is my biggest gripe. The unlockable western front commanders should have just bean uncommon drops. Any content added after would have been ok to sell and add as rare drops.
22 Jul 2014, 13:00 PM

'People who can afford and want to, can buy them.' - remind me again why war spoils was introduced.

Because vocal trolls bashed the game ad-infinitum in endless circle jerk while polishing their feeling of self entitlement.

Oh, wait, thats because these trolls bashed about DLCs being there in the first place, not being able to tell the difference between what is pay to win and what is bad balance(that pay to win osttruppen and partisans doctrine mhmm).

'People who don't want to spend money will be able to get them for free via drops. - LOL, you've got a great sense of humour. Next tell the one about how common they are, and how there aren't any duplicates.

Doesn't matter, you have the option now, can't complain ^_^ and its not like the system is done anyway.

Now its the standard, you either have time or money, invest one or the other, but don't bitch about the part you don't like, because you can, you know, not use it at all and focus on the one you prefer.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS