Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
11 Aug 2014, 12:09 PM

Its about even. Still interesting considering how old the game is. I hope Company of heroes 1 will get a similar revival in some years.
11 Aug 2014, 15:39 PM

COH was never a "popular" franchise, I really don't understand how anyone can hope a HD relaunch will change that, now or in a few years ...
12 Aug 2014, 08:39 AM
Patrion 14

The really funny part here is that AOE 2HD always has more players online that COH2 does.....

Avg. Players July 2014Avg. Players June 2014
Company of Heroes 25,547.74,027.6
Age of Empires II: HD Edition3,310.63,325.0

13 Aug 2014, 01:26 AM

I logged into CoH today for the first time in like a month. Since this patch or w/e its unplayable because of constant 5-10 sec freezes followed by an x4 speed during which units are uncontrollable. And yes, I checked, its not my net. To be perfectly frank, at this point, I'm not even irritated, angered ot dissatisfyed or w/e; I am honestly IMPRESSED by Reli'c ability to take normally working things for "repair" and fuck them up so bad. Like, if someone starts doing THE EXACT OPPOSITE, they will be the best. So yeah, thats log in was probably my last. Such a shame.

P.S. Nearly forgot: BY GOD, Relic, don't you ever dare to make CoH HD. You will fuck something major up and ruin all the good old memories of it.
13 Aug 2014, 05:54 AM

Congrats on fucking over this game. COH is now a piece of shit. The game just keeps crashing over and over since the last patch and I can't even get two games in a row without crashing....assuming I can even get the first game to begin with. GG guys
13 Aug 2014, 06:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 08:39 AMFanatic

Avg. Players July 2014Avg. Players June 2014
Company of Heroes 25,547.74,027.6
Age of Empires II: HD Edition3,310.63,325.0

Still pretty sad that the numbers are that close considering one of the games is a year old, the other like 10?
13 Aug 2014, 07:24 AM

There's already a HD version, it's a lot of rocks and pretty skins for Axis tanks. It even supports SLI/CF!

What I really want is to update some mechanics (greater tactical map controls, unit summary top-right, units-building top-right, reverse button). Ideally truesight would be put in, but I fear all the ray casting will be computationally expensive, as with all the snow tessellation that makes it a nightmare to run on budget rigs.

13 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

No that game exists: it's called COH2. Go play that.
13 Aug 2014, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PMNoun

Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Relic: But new graphics.

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Relic: But you asked for this.

Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.

I agree and lets be honest the visuals of the game looks really good even on this day.
13 Aug 2014, 11:50 AM

We still need a fix for the staghound :P
19 Aug 2014, 14:18 PM

The only thing relic should change is:

Fix the Hotchkiss. The teching coast 60fuel is just too much for that shit unit. and 45fuel to built that shitwaggon is too high.

Fix the hotchkiss gunupgrade-> it has endless penetration.

Fix the StaghoundMG less pinning and reloading.

Fix the no engin crit on Stickys and mines.

Fix the ketten/schwimm "pushing size" its near so big like a panther.

Fix that AC´s can use "overspeed" to rush out of "bren pinning" and "US stag pinSmoke"

Fix the Wehr ATgun. When u reinforce this gun the 3guy is shooting on infantery/ or not cammoflaging!

Fix the "1 sec arty"

Fix the Captian. when u retread with your blobb to the captian, your units running all the time like "fireup".

Replace the usless g-wagon to the VK100.01 / Porsche Type 205
-no just maybe increase his damage/or aimspeed.

AND fix the goddamn ghostfire shoot by the m10 tankdestroyer.

Thats just buggfixing. nothing about balance (okay hotchkiss and gwagon is balance)

Also it would be nice to add some custom maps like Agant(idk) crossroad or other GR/SnF maps.
And more maps in the 1v1- Ranksystem, (but if u add more. add 1 more Veto.)
20 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

20 Aug 2014, 15:38 PM

Noun do you think it would be possible that the community map argentan crossroads gets added to the 1v1 map pool ? I am sure old coh players would love that something new gets added. Or is this to expensive stuff to perform ?
21 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

I logged into CoH today for the first time in like a month. Since this patch or w/e its unplayable because of constant 5-10 sec freezes followed by an x4 speed during which units are uncontrollable. And yes, I checked, its not my net. To be perfectly frank, at this point, I'm not even irritated, angered ot dissatisfyed or w/e; I am honestly IMPRESSED by Reli'c ability to take normally working things for "repair" and fuck them up so bad. Like, if someone starts doing THE EXACT OPPOSITE, they will be the best. So yeah, thats log in was probably my last. Such a shame.

P.S. Nearly forgot: BY GOD, Relic, don't you ever dare to make CoH HD. You will fuck something major up and ruin all the good old memories of it.

This. I get this bug so much its not funny. Whilst its nice that Relic is still giving patching support and re-instating old features that were removed, they really need to sort out the bugs in this game.
22 Aug 2014, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 07:24 AMtengen
There's already a HD version, it's a lot of rocks and pretty skins for Axis tanks. It even supports SLI/CF!

What I really want is to update some mechanics (greater tactical map controls, unit summary top-right, units-building top-right, reverse button). Ideally truesight would be put in, but I fear all the ray casting will be computationally expensive, as with all the snow tessellation that makes it a nightmare to run on budget rigs.

link pls. from the skinpack
30 Aug 2014, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 15:56 PMNoun
I'll pass on the requests (both for updates to the existing game and the HD version).

I just know that as a fan of games myself I tend to think that HD relaunches are kind of crappy except in situations where there's no longer a way to play an old game.

The Halo release for example is interesting because I don't have an original XBox anymore, and I've bought Mario 3 and Nintendo Ice Hockey for the Wii U because I don't own a NES.

Noun it's been a month now, can you please inform us what was Relic's reaction about these requests?
Thank you.
30 Aug 2014, 17:06 PM

Yes. The reaction is the ice bucket challenge.
5 Sep 2014, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 14:49 PMnekron

link pls. from the skinpack

originall textures look much better - this is just way too over-saturated for my taste)) It could loose some color + add some post-processing for more realistic look, but not these textures - originall ones are all you need))
16 Sep 2014, 13:51 PM

Any chance of any further update ???Any news at all? Come on Noun, it's been a long time now since you told us you will pass both requests to Relic. Still no news, no news at all...
17 Sep 2014, 11:52 AM

I've started playing vCoH again and so far i have not experienced any issues or bugs, everything seems to be running smooth and i could not say the same a few months back so kudos to Relic for fixing some of the issues.
A balance patch would however be nice, getting some gameplay change would draw some people back to vCoH, but then again i don't think that's what Relic wants.
They want their precious CoH2 to get more players, even though it sucks ass compared to vCoH in every possible existing way and Relic knows this.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS