Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
3 Aug 2014, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 20:47 PMGreeb
I doubt vCoH still gives any money to Relic or Sega, so be grateful for the game you currently have.

it does, i am a steam trader and i had both company of heroes 2 and its expansion up for sale for cheaper prices than sales but no one wants them and i finally ended up redeeming the expansion for myself (although i got it for almost free) but if you have COH1 and selling it is only 2 seconds to get rid off it because there are many people who want the game.
3 Aug 2014, 08:40 AM

Seriously..., the only way to get attention for this game is for more ppl to play it (@ least how i see this). Just go back to COH ppl - 2v2AT is working, 1v1 as well - you can get games (sometimes it takes longer to wait but you still can).

With the current playerbase it has - it is very unlikely we could get any updates.

... correct me if i'm wrong
3 Aug 2014, 08:43 AM

Some CoH1 vehicles have a excellent pathing (PE Panthers for example) on the other hand some vehicles pathing is just unacceptable (PE HTs).

CoH2 has the edge over CoH 1 in matters of vehicle pathing. There are some small improvements and the pathing is more or less even no matter what vehicle you look at. This equality is a huge improvement.

Still, in my point of view the reverse button means to give up in the face of the pathing problems. They weren't able to find a solution so they bypass the issue by including the reverse button and call this a great new feature.

PE HT's pathing is fine - you just have to think a step forward to controll them and be more carefull
3 Aug 2014, 09:16 AM
Patrion 14

Seriously..., the only way to get attention for this game is for more ppl to play it

Won´t happen.

It doesn't matter what Relic or Sega do to improve CoH1. The damage is already done. I was an CoH1 enthusiast for years. Then the Steam micronation happened and after some months i did what a lot of people did: i stopped playing.

Too many players left (just look at the experts, they are all gone) and the community is nearly death (no discussion, no events, no entertaining replays, no casts).

The only way to attract more people would be a new Addon. And there won´t be a new Addon. The golden age is over and will never come back. The truth is CoH1 is dying since the steam migration. It's not death yet but things will turn to the worse. Day by day.

PE HT's pathing is fine - you just have to think a step forward to controll them and be more carefull

"you just have to think a step forward" is one of the best euphemism for "the PE HT's pathing is crap, you have to be way more carefull and invest more micro if you want to use it then you have to invest into other units micro" i have ever read.

You know there is one thing the CoH2 fans are right about. CoH1 players tend to glorify everything about CoH1 to a point CoH1 looks flawless.
3 Aug 2014, 15:20 PM

you are right Fanatic - we do glorify..., but there's nothing else left to do... The gameplay of COH2 is so horrible there's nothing left for us to move ON.

No other game's out there as COH1. No other game can give you that gameplay experience.

Personally i feel 100% comfy microing IHT, and if whenever i loose that unit I know exactly what i did wrong. If it suddenly would (for some godly unknown reason) start driving in reverse with more inteligence it would totally feel wierd to me...
3 Aug 2014, 15:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

i find the reverse button to be a great addon to coh2, that doesn't mean that now its easier to micro. The pathing was made better this way, how many times people got frustrated in vcoh when their tanks suddenly started turning when you wanted them to reverse. But now, you can actually micro your tank the way you want, backwards of fowards, nothing wrong with that. You can now focus better on other units at the same time. That's one of the reasons, why coh2 has alot of good players, because you don't get punished by these stupid pathing problems.
3 Aug 2014, 15:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Not really wanting to be drawn into this, but in fairness to CoH2, was there not some mod tool in vCoH, which enabled some amazing reverse pathing by Armor,and which was legal? I'm pretty sure this was used by at least one high-ranking PE player
3 Aug 2014, 19:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

yes, it was a script that enabled million klicks if you hold the mouse button down and it was used by HelpingHans.
3 Aug 2014, 20:34 PM

Some new maps in automatch would be nice.
4 Aug 2014, 05:43 AM

Not really wanting to be drawn into this, but in fairness to CoH2, was there not some mod tool in vCoH, which enabled some amazing reverse pathing by Armor,and which was legal? I'm pretty sure this was used by at least one high-ranking PE player

4 Aug 2014, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2014, 15:26 PMSpanky
i find the reverse button to be a great addon to coh2, that doesn't mean that now its easier to micro. The pathing was made better this way, how many times people got frustrated in vcoh when their tanks suddenly started turning when you wanted them to reverse. But now, you can actually micro your tank the way you want, backwards of fowards, nothing wrong with that. You can now focus better on other units at the same time. That's one of the reasons, why coh2 has alot of good players, because you don't get punished by these stupid pathing problems.

Spanky there is no good or bad player in COH2. just like no one would ever say "a good CoD player or bad CoD player"
4 Aug 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PMNoun

Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Relic: But new graphics.

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Relic: But you asked for this.

Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.

Man this made my day. Spot on.

Honestly, just be happy that any updates are being done at all, and that CoH1 servers were moved instead of shut down. Nothing will make CoH1 profitable, not an HD version, not a patch, not some expansion. vCoH was absolutely awesome, but time has passed and everything good in life ends. Santa ain't real too, get used to it.
4 Aug 2014, 19:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Bad man! :P
4 Aug 2014, 20:11 PM

Man this made my day. Spot on.

Honestly, just be happy that any updates are being done at all, and that CoH1 servers were moved instead of shut down. Nothing will make CoH1 profitable, not an HD version, not a patch, not some expansion. vCoH was absolutely awesome, but time has passed and everything good in life ends. Santa ain't real too, get used to it.

And I'll second this too. I've played about 1000 games since steam migration. I guess all those games were broken then???? I don't get it.

Yeah there's a couple of bells and whistles missing or a couple cool things they could easily do or fix, but I paid $10 for my game 3 years ago. I think I got a pretty good ROI at this point. So I'll deal with a ghost game or synch error here and there. Honestly, out of 1000 games, I've had maybe 30 or 40 problem games. That's nothing.

the community is already small, so any levels of mods, new purchases, etc. will divide it more.

COH2 is not the game many wanted. But no reason to hate on it either. Personally, I won't buy it or play it, but if others like it, good for you. Life is about doing what you enjoy. And if it comes a day where you can't game on COH anymore, then I'll say it was a hell of a run and go back and watch all the TFN for the memories.
4 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM

You know there is one thing the CoH2 fans are right about. CoH1 players tend to glorify everything about CoH1 to a point CoH1 looks flawless.

Well vCoh was actually pretty close to flawless, except for the occassional gamebreaking bug (pak bugs, burst bugs, emplacement bug ...) which wasn't fixed for over a year each time. (Mostly introduced by OF/TOV anyways. And there was nothing to glorify about British. Except for being supertroll with them.

But the way COH2 came out with so many bugs was pure amateurism.(They had a beta right?)
Oh well, at least they have Peter Quimseh to clean up the mess.
5 Aug 2014, 09:48 AM

To Noun

You Do realise that releasing a Nice new HD version game would bring in the really old players and new players.
After all, the most likely main reason people stopped playing the game is because it got old in the first place, new players won't want to dedicate their lives to an old game either.

It worked for AO2 HD because its a new updated game which has a good functioning multiplayer with love and care bringing it back to life.

AOE2HD gets more players than CoH2, so I don't think its a "crappy" idea to release HD versions at all.

5 Aug 2014, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PMNoun

Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Relic: But new graphics.

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Relic: But you asked for this.

Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.

OR

Relic: Great news! We've released vCoH:HD with some balance fixes and new HD graphics. You can buy it now for $xx!

Community: Interesting... Does it have an observer mode? Is there any new content?

Relic: Yes! We also added a german campaign, new maps, new skins, support of further content through DLC, ...

Community:

5 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM

To Noun

You Do realise that realising a Nice new HD version would bring in the really old players and new players.
After all, the most likely main reason people stopped playing the game is because it got old in the first place. It worked for AO2 HD because its a new updated game which has a good functioning multiplayer with love and care bringing it back to life.

AOE2HD gets more players than CoH2, so I don't think its a crappy idea to release HD versions at all.

Stop encouraging them to make a cohHD! Relic will only disappoint by giving you a coh2 like game.

Btw. there is already a HD skim mod for free, so why do you want to pay money?
5 Aug 2014, 16:00 PM

Stop encouraging them to make a cohHD! Relic will only disappoint by giving you a coh2 like game.

Btw. there is already a HD skim mod for free, so why do you want to pay money?

what about EF mod and coh2 ?
5 Aug 2014, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2014, 16:00 PMPepsi

what about EF mod and coh2 ?

Whats do you mean exactly?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L