Login

russian armor

B-4 abilities

17 Jul 2014, 13:57 PM

I just got B-4 commander as this free temporary commanders so I had never used B-4 before.
First ability is simple. Mark the spot and wait for shot. Third is also very simple. But I have no idea how works second abilit - anti-vehicle one. I rotate it so I have target in front of B-4 and in range of this ability. I chose it, click on enemy's tank and... Nothing happens. Others 2 work just after I click. This one does not. I mark vehicle time after time and nothing happens... Today I had situation where Jadgtiger had engine damage, stood still, was in range, map was uncovered yet still B-4 didn't fire.
17 Jul 2014, 14:27 PM

Your doing something wrong then.

Keep in mind using it in this mode is like a giant AT gun, so it needs a clear line of sight and of course in range, it also uses 180 munis I think, so make sure you have enough munis.

Sometimes it can bug out if something gets in the way of its vision, so make sure WHEN YOU BUILD IT, that it has a good view point of where you expect enemy armour to come from.

Lastly, it turns VERY slowly, so you never want to react with it by turning to face enemy, you want to position it to where they will come from and wait for the right moment. If you do this, it actually fires and hits in under a second.. very fast, you just have to be pre aimed.

The precision strike ability is the best at under 100 muni, but as this requires vet to use, and the standard ability has a LOT of scatter and as only one shell usually fails to hit anything, it takes ages to vet.. for this reason I think the direct fire mode is the best way to vet it up until precision strike.

I prefer to build it before any KV1s, the earlier the better, dont give its existance away until you see that 1st P4 or Stug, which it can NAIL, because they dont know you have it. Hopefully that lands you vet 1, then it can rape!

Its a hit and miss unit/commander (literally!), but fun when it works well!
17 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM

I've started to highly enjoy the B4 against OBW. It's great against the forward bases/ infantry blobs, and can be pretty handy against the heavy tanks if you can get an AT nade off.

Plus it's almost impossible for OBW to counter. They have almost 0 off map artillery and the closest thing to on map arty is the leicht arty, which is like trying to counter obersoldaten with conscripts.

The direct fire ability is just like Charlie Dont Surf said, you have to have the munitions, target has to be in range, in vision and in the artillery's own line of sight. And even then, the shot can hit stuff in the way, i.e. elevation, trees, buildings. Unless the arty is vet 0, it's usually just worth it to just use the regular barrage or the precision strike instead, especially given the fact that it costs 180 munitions.
m00
17 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

I've started to highly enjoy the B4 against OBW. It's great against the forward bases/ infantry blobs, and can be pretty handy against the heavy tanks if you can get an AT nade off.

Plus it's almost impossible for OBW to counter. They have almost 0 off map artillery and the closest thing to on map arty is the leicht arty, which is like trying to counter obersoldaten with conscripts.

The direct fire ability is just like Charlie Dont Surf said, you have to have the munitions, target has to be in range, in vision and in the artillery's own line of sight. And even then, the shot can hit stuff in the way, i.e. elevation, trees, buildings. Unless the arty is vet 0, it's usually just worth it to just use the regular barrage or the precision strike instead, especially given the fact that it costs 180 munitions.

Walking stuka one shots it x.x Sounds like a pretty good counter.
17 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM

mobile stuka don't kill the B4 easilly?
17 Jul 2014, 19:33 PM

I guess I could not take a shot cause target was not in sight of B-4. It was on uncovered area but there were some trees between B-4 and target. I think that's why.
17 Jul 2014, 19:47 PM

The B4 is so fuckin annoying as Oberkommande ..... it wrecks ur forward buildings/expensive tanks like nothing ... Kv-1s are basically rubbish but need ages to go down to shrecks ...

With shocks and recon airplane it's one of the most dangerous commanders for OKW ......
18 Jul 2014, 07:36 AM

Stuka zu Fuss is dangerous. But you have a range advantage. Plus if you take out the Stuka thats 100 fuel down the drain. I have found the B-4 to be invaluable in team-games against OKW.

I still giggle like a schoolgirl every time it gets a TA, KT, JT Panther or just a good blob-buster.

18 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

Thats why in teamgames, any german player must go luftwaffe doctrine to pick-off every B4/ML20 built with JU87's, otherwise its gg for germans. B4 is such a monster...
18 Jul 2014, 15:10 PM

I still giggle like a schoolgirl every time it gets a TA, KT, JT Panther or just a good blob-buster.

Yes he does.
18 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

The B4 is so fuckin annoying as Oberkommande ..... it wrecks ur forward buildings/expensive tanks like nothing ... Kv-1s are basically rubbish but need ages to go down to shrecks ...

With shocks and recon airplane it's one of the most dangerous commanders for OKW ......

place your trucks in your base then ,noob
18 Jul 2014, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 15:15 PMatwar

place your trucks in your base then ,noob

And in the base they're safe from getting shot at? Simply stfu ........
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★