Login

russian armor

Relic trying to save War Spoil with Free Commander Rotation

PAGES (7)down
15 Jul 2014, 20:22 PM

Ill mail you my used toilet paper. Im giving you it for free, and you didnt want it, it costs you nothing, you wouldnt have my waste otherwise, and i suppose you have no right to complain tons of it was dumped on your lawn?

lol
15 Jul 2014, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 20:19 PMdodongo

Look at half the threads on this forum, or the basic economy systems for any successful free to play game. Personally I just want no duplicates with a progression system linked to rank or something else that can be easily tracked. I would even be ok with bypassing some of the progression (except commanders) by buying xp.

im not sure you understand how this system works...

and look at games like cs:go, they have duplicates and shit drop rates. they also drop crates that you have to pay money to open. cs:go is pretty successful... maybe relic should make you pay money to find out what your drops are.
15 Jul 2014, 20:24 PM

Ill mail you my used toilet paper. Im giving you it for free, and you didnt want it, it costs you nothing, you wouldnt have my waste otherwise, and i suppose you have no right to complain tons of it was dumped on your lawn?

The difference is that your used toilet paper is both useless and unpleasant, and takes up physical space. Also possibly illegal.

Duplicates of anything but bulletins are only the useless part, and a whole lot easier to get rid of if you find the sight displeasing ;)

For me, what the War Spoil system need now is immediate attention and fix, maybe not even deploy anything, just put out a plan or a pool for player to discuss. These action would show that Relic is aware of their responsibility and the problem facing, just in the same way a decent man handing you his insurance card. While random nice free act, such as handing you a candy bar, sure is not bad on its own, it is not the kind of act appropriate for such situation.

My point applies to both war spoils and this. Neither of them are anything but ways for relic to give the playerbase free content as a reward for playing the game. That's all it is.

Complaining that your free things dropping from the sky from relic aren't exactly the things you want to have is a shocking level of self entitlement for no reason.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 20:19 PMdodongo
Look at half the threads on this forum, or the basic economy systems for any successful free to play game. Personally I just want no duplicates with a progression system linked to rank or something else that can be easily tracked. I would even be ok with bypassing some of the progression (except commanders) by buying xp.

If you want to look at free to play economies, the most successful, largest player base and money laundering game is still TF2.

Which has duplicates out the ears and down to the pub.

And, oh boy, this is the kicker. You know how much rage the community inexplicably has for getting duplicates rather than 'good things'?

Imagine if you also got crates dropping. Which you had to pay to open... and still had a chance of getting something worthless ;D
15 Jul 2014, 20:25 PM

For example, if I just bumped into your car, according to common logic, the correct thing to do would be get off my car, say sorry to you, give you my insurance information. However, what if instead of taking my social responsibility, I choose to do something quite random but yet still a "free" and nice thing, such as I get off the car and give you a candy bar, then off I go?

:lolol: ARE YOU FOR SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW?!
You guys kill me with these analogies.
You paid 20$ for 2 factions and 6 commanders. Assuming you never had VCOH2, you even saved money not having to pay for the full game. That's a fair price is it not?

Your analogy makes no sense.

Let me help you.

Let's say you buy your Honda, you pay Honda and agree to their terms.
The Honda is working fine, it drives and you're able to go to work or meet up with friends and all that. Now...you complain because you feel like you should be getting more Gas/mileage even though you're not...you just feel entitled to more.
Honda says "sorry but that's the way it is...that's what you paid for"
You say "yeah but I don't like it this way, it should be more"
You become such a pest that Honda decides to give you 5cents off per gallon just to shut you up.
You complain that it doesn't fix the original mileage issue and that 5cents is worthless and has a psychological impact on your life...
Fek outta here.

Edit: Some grammar...

15 Jul 2014, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 20:22 PMwooof

and look at games like cs:go, they have duplicates and shit drop rates. they also drop crates that you have to pay money to open. cs:go is pretty successful... maybe relic should make you pay money to find out what your drops are.

Sounds good. Only pay for cosmetic stuff. All the game changing commanders and bulletins are in the game form the get go
15 Jul 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 20:22 PMwooof

OK, I'm sorry I'm not up to date on terrible f2p games that happen to be successful because muh valve "gamer culture". CoH's audience is not the same, and we tolerate less bullshit :)
15 Jul 2014, 20:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If you want to look at free to play economies, the most successful, largest player base and money laundering game is still TF2.

Which has duplicates out the ears and down to the pub.

And, oh boy, this is the kicker. You know how much rage the community inexplicably has for getting duplicates rather than 'good things'?

Imagine if you also got crates dropping. Which you had to pay to open... and still had a chance of getting something worthless ;D

Except in tf2 duplicates are actually wroth soemthing becayse of crafting and trading.
We should applaud Relic for removing the ability to pay for commanders but duplicates have no use right now. So why have them.
15 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

Sounds good. Only pay for cosmetic stuff. All the game changing commanders and bulletins are in the game form the get go

This is indeed how it should have been from the start.

People will continue to whine as long as game altering items are hidden behind a pay wall or luck wall or whatever else kind of masonry.

They're not wrong to do so either because there is an inherent unfairness to the system. Then again, anyone who thinks Relic owes them something is delusional.
15 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

:lolol: ARE YOU FOR SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW?!
You guys kill me with these analogies.
You paid 20$ for 2 factions and 6 commanders. Assuming you never had VCOH2, you even saved money not having to pay for the full game. That's a fair price is it not?

Your analogy makes no sense.

Let me help you.

The Honda is working fine, it drives and you're able to go to work or meet up with friends and all that. Now...you complain because you feel like you should be getting more Gas/mileage even though you're not...you just feel entitled to more.
You become such a pest that Honda decides to give you 5cents off per gallon just to shut you up.
You complain that it doesn't fix the original mileage issue and that 5cents is worthless and has a psychological impact on your life...
Fek outta here.

Edit: Some grammar...

There is no need to be emotional, I respect your idea, and I would hope to receive the same treatment.

The main issue you and I do not agree with each other would be whether or not the 6 Rare WFA commanders are included in the price for the expansion. For me I do believe so, as the vCoh2 provided a lot more than 6 commanders on release for each side. I do not think the Honda case you provide would work for this specific case, as I do not recall signing anything regarding the accessibility of the WFA commanders. Correct me if they actually stated that there are only 3 commanders included for each WFA faction for the price. Now let us assume the Rare commanders are a part of the price, just for discussion, I payed my fair price for the expansion, but with the new system after 200 hours of play time I still do not have access to any of the rare commander, how do you think I should feel? In your Honda case it would be like I bought the car, and they told me one day they would give the key to open the trunk, which I believe is included in the price I pay for the car, but after 200days, I still do not have the key to my trunk. I feel like in this case I am entitled to let them know my concerns.

Again, I accept that your points hold true for the Honda case and if Relic clearly stated that there are only 3 commanders for each WFA faction include when you purchase. If that was the case, I probably would argue their treatment towards loyal fan-base dropped a lot.
15 Jul 2014, 20:58 PM

There is no need to be emotional, I respect your idea, and I would hope to receive the same treatment.

The main issue you and I do not agree with each other would be whether or not the 6 Rare WFA commanders are included in the price for the expansion. For me I do believe so, as the vCoh2 provided a lot more than 6 commanders on release for each side. I do not think the Honda case you provide would work for this specific case, as I do not recall signing anything regarding the accessibility of the WFA commanders. Correct me if they actually stated that there are only 3 commanders included for each WFA faction for the price.

Again, I accept that your points hold true for the Honda case and if Relic clearly stated that there are only 3 commanders for each WFA faction include when you purchase. If that was the case, I probably would argue their treatment towards loyal fan-base dropped a lot.

I don't need you to like me, to respect my idea, to respect me or care for what I have to say. Just read it and take from it what you will. I'm not convinced I'll be able to change anyone's mind (from experience, entitled forum goers hardly change)

I did not speak about the 6 rare WFA commanders. I was speaking specifically in regards to the 3 starting OKW and 3 starting US commanders, which gave you the ability to play the game and play it until your hearts content. WHICH IS WHAT YOU PAID FOR...to play the game. No where was it advertised that you would get ANY and ALL commanders let alone "Rare" ones. In a sense, they are all Day 1 free DLC that you have to play for and are considered "Rare" for a reason - they are hard to come by.
You can win or lose just as good/bad with any commander so don't give me that "Some commanders are OP" garbage. Your post smells of entitlement, I'm sorry but I can't help but smell it.
Donator 33

Fek outta here.

Hahaha this is great.
At the same time although I can still play all the old content I can't help feeling a tad alienated by all these weird new systems. It's more like they put a big WAR SPOILS sticker on the side of your car a year after you purchased it. Free stuff! Look, everyone!

All this is, is a simple attempt to distract us from the core problem with something shiny. For probably 90% of the people on forums like this, these commanders are useless. Relic needs to get it's head out of it's collective arse and either admit that warspoils are crap and fix them or break down and explain why they are sticking with them, including rates and info about duplicate drops.
15 Jul 2014, 21:05 PM

Hahaha this is great.
At the same time although I can still play all the old content I can't help feeling a tad alienated by all these weird new systems. It's more like they put a big WAR SPOILS sticker on the side of your car a year after you purchased it. Free stuff! Look, everyone!

I know that feel man, the US and OKW inventories are so empty as opposed to OH and Sov lol

However, if you keep playing it because you enjoy the game, you'll eventually get the free stuff. It'll come dude haha
15 Jul 2014, 21:11 PM

I don't need you to like me, to respect my idea, to respect me or care for what I have to say. Just read it and take from it what you will. I'm not convinced I'll be able to change anyone's mind (from experience, entitled forum goers hardly change)

I did not speak about the 6 rare WFA commanders. I was speaking specifically in regards to the 3 starting OKW and 3 starting US commanders, which gave you the ability to play the game and play it until your hearts content. WHICH IS WHAT YOU PAID FOR...to play the game. No where was it advertised that you would get ANY and ALL commanders let alone "Rare" ones. In a sense, they are all Day 1 free DLC that you have to play for and are considered "Rare" for a reason - they are hard to come by.
You can win or lose just as good/bad with any commander so don't give me that "Some commanders are OP" garbage. Your post smells of entitlement, I'm sorry but I can't help but smell it.

See, I can drive my car without the trunk perfectly fine. I feel in that case you probably would choose not to argue about not having access to the trunk, as maybe in few years you will get it. While I do believe the price I payed include the accesses to the trunk in a timely fashion. We do not agree with each other on this core matter. I appreciate what you said, I do think I am entitled to have access to the 6 rare WFA commander in ways other than worshiping RNG god, so you are correct on that part. I do think we had a good discussion and had the chance to hear a different point of view. Though eventually we reach some core things we do not agree and there is not much we can do about it.

I do not think you should be ashamed to introduce me to any one outside the Coh2 community though, as I do personally think I am a funny smart and reasonable individual just like many others of this community.

@Brachiaraidos
@Wooof
@Milkacow

+ over 9000 to you guys.

I don't believe in aliens much...but if I did, the COH2 community is a piece of humanity I would be embarrassed to show them.

15 Jul 2014, 21:14 PM

accident post when editing, sorry.
15 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM

CoH2 community in a nutshell.

Commanders only paid for? Complain and say it's pay 2 win.
Unlockable commanders via playing? Complain that there are duplicates and drop rate is too low.
Unlockable commanders via playing + random rotation? Complain and say that this is even worse than just unlockable commanders.

Never happy I unless you get exactly what you want, right? If you want 1000$ and someone on the street donates you 999$ you gonna complain to him that it isn't 1k, rite? D:

This. We can only hope that relic doesnt listen to the community, or they will be as confused as it.
15 Jul 2014, 21:23 PM

See, I can drive my car without the trunk perfectly fine. I feel in that case you probably would choose not to argue about not having access to the trunk, as maybe in few years you will get it. While I do believe the price I payed include the accesses to the trunk in a timely fashion. We do not agree with each other on this core matter. I appreciate what you said, I do think I am entitled to have access to the 6 rare WFA commander in ways other than worshiping RNG god, so you are correct on that part.
I do not think you should be ashamed to introduce me to any one outside the Coh2 community though, as I do personally think I am a funny smart and reasonable individual just like many others of this community.

Your analogies make NO SENSE, dude.
You can't just twist analogies to make them work with your opinion...
COH2 WFA come with everything you need to play the game, including the chance to unlock 3 RARE commanders.

Your trunk analogy doesn't work because you're buying a car with no trunk!
That would mean you buying CoH2 with NO commanders.

So in the case of your twisted analogy, you would have 3 trunks already and 3 other RARE trunks that you could possibly find on your way to wherever it is you like to have fun. However, you don't want to use the 3 trunks given to you, you want those three rare ones and you're having trouble finding them.

Your analogies, I can't even...
15 Jul 2014, 21:27 PM

I appreciate what you said, I do think I am entitled to have access to the 6 rare WFA commander in ways other than worshiping RNG god, so you are correct on that part.

I think this is the takeaway here, and where reality clashes with belief.
Sadly, you are not entitled to these commanders, regardless of what you may think. I understand it's hard to accept but it is the way it works.
15 Jul 2014, 21:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's literally Relic handing you things you didn't pay for and have no right to own, other than that relic decided to give them to you. You don't get to complain that they're not the things you want. That's not how free works.

No, but we do get to complain when we are expected to think this is the most awesome thing ever

If you come to my house and crap on my carpet I am not going to think "Awesome, Free Manure"
15 Jul 2014, 21:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The difference is that your used toilet paper is both useless and unpleasant, and takes up physical space. Also possibly illegal.

Duplicates of anything but bulletins are only the useless part, and a whole lot easier to get rid of if you find the sight displeasing ;)

I see someone has already got scatalogical

My point applies to both war spoils and this. Neither of them are anything but ways for relic to give the playerbase free content as a reward for playing the game. That's all it is.

Complaining that your free things dropping from the sky from relic aren't exactly the things you want to have is a shocking level of self entitlement for no reason.

We can like the idea without liking the implementation

They replaced a system where you could see what you could get and how to get it with one that is random and hidden
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS