Login

russian armor

Dealing with med trucks?

15 Jul 2014, 05:21 AM

Played a game last night where the OKW player set up a fast med truck near our fuel and managed to force a retreat after they started reinforcing from it.

Is there any way to reliably deal with this before getting T3? Obviously based on the assumption that we couldn't prevent it setting up. I forget the name of the map but it's the one where you have like a church or something on a hill for the fuel on one side of the map. WFA map I believe.

We took a momentary breather to build up for a strong push and as soon as my AA HT arrived, we scouted the fuel but they'd actually maanged to get the Flak gun HT up and parked it on our fuel itself.

Now in this one instance we got unlucky and were in a really bad position for our attack to uproot them. i.e. My AA HT ran into where their flak truck was, and the OKW flak truck was where our flanking infantry were. Which is quite painful. Since they managed to keep us from our fuel it was a futile battle from that point on. However, what is the general method for dealing with this? The AT gun seems like the first unit we get that can really deal with their trucks effectively, especially the Flak truck which is capable of seriously damaging Shermans from the front.
15 Jul 2014, 12:15 PM

If you go tier 2 then you'll have to wait for T4, i personally prefer going T3 and skipping T2. The stuarts doesn't have the insane DPS of the flaktrack on infantry but it's a greater threat to armor and scales to late game when you use it to support your jacksons and shermans. The only down side to skipping t2 is you wont have a .50 to suppress or pin large infantry charges so i'd recommend airborne to drop in .50s.

I suggest going t3, if you don't see any armor by the time you can get a stuart, just hold off and wait for a t4 sherman, buying a major is more dangerous to a forward truck than a stuart anyways(arty call-in), grab a pack howitzer if you can't get an AT gun to direct fire it. If you go airborne you can riflemen smoke the gun and para's can demo charge it(idk if the german players can direct fire on the ground with it though). Once you hit t4 just bring your major up to call in an arty strike on it.

My typical build is riflemen,riflemen,riflemen, ambulance, push onto a fuel point and keep reinforcing and lock it down, paradrop .50, harrass other points with RE, captain, by now they wont be able to push you out without a lot of casualties. From here it's either paratroopers, AT gun or stuart, depends on the situation,

if it's infantry heavy and they are trying to rush a panther go para's then AT gun, T4

Airborne doc
If light armor comes out i usually grab a stuart and back it up with my captain and riflemen, the stuart/captain combo can kill a puma with stun shot without taking any damage. If they are backing it up with volk AT, use your .50 to suppress them and if you can afford it para's with 1919's. Use your riflemen smoke and AT nades to cripple the stunned armor and smoke for your retreat of the stuart.

armor doc
go T2 and rush a M10 and direct fire it onto the truck, or direct fire the bulldozer if you can afford it.

infantry
well you're only early option is Mortar halftrack :/ could work, i'd recommend going T3 for AT and use the riflemen defensive stance for suppress/pin on AI. You have low muni for any major arty strike on it though. Also learn how to bounding overwatch your riflemen with defensive stance, On your strong front, if you hit contact, fall back your assault squad and lure them into your DS squad for suppression, use the stuart to support your RE or other riflemen squad to harass the other fuel and not allow them to setup a truck. If you spot light armor, hide your stuart and try to locate it, stun shot with a captain finisher.

recon doc
pathfinders can call in Arty barrages.

mechanized
harrass the other fuel with your jeep .50, don't allow them to push up a truck, withdraw and refit it to something heavier for harass till T3 or T4. I also suggest T3 for AT, your superior early mobility should force the germans to not be able to mass a large counter on your strong side unless they want to lose their other points.

I don't have this doc yet but i'd assume building a fuel cache would be insane teching, if you can keep all your early vech's alive and refit you should be able to tech all 3 tiers.

Riflemen company
as soon as you get vet 2(durability) and flamethrowers on your riflemen you should push both fuels, you're flamer will keep stormpio's at bay and your riflemen can out gun most early infantry, upgrading bar's will only make them more deadly. If you can lock down both fuels i'd say go T2, you'll be reasonable safe. if they do go for a light armor to try and recapture a fuel you'll have to micro your flaktrack with AT nades though.

for any of these docs, at any time, if you find yourself in good map control and above 500-600MP build a fuel cache to out tech them even quicker. The early it's built the better, i usually decide on this after my third riflemen.
16 Jul 2014, 00:27 AM

Yeah i rarely build t2 now days, first to prepair for a fast puma or flak HT second for taking out a frontline placed okw truck. I normally build implacements with my RE and upgrade them with a 50cal to replace the t2 50cal hmg or use the airbourne commander.
16 Jul 2014, 00:42 AM

Build a .50 cal and set it up so he can sit there wasting money reinforcing while you keep shooting him to death.
16 Jul 2014, 22:11 PM

You either push to destroy the truck, or you do not attack the medic truck at all. Remember the medic truck is 200mp / 20 or 30 fuel. Killing 1 volks squad is worth more than that. Focus on killing enemy units rather than the medic truck. If you absolutely want to, you can also target the medics on the truck by right clicking on them. They'll be gone for a while after you kill them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight