Login

russian armor

Maxim spam still unbeatable.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
13 Jul 2014, 08:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Still unbeatable vs OH and OKW.

nerf did basically nothing as once you flank one you have another supporting.

Completely ridiculous

ask NW fresh.

For the love of god

Reduce suppression and durability of the squad. MINIMUM 30% each. Damage also needs a slight nerf. Its a broken exploit currently.
13 Jul 2014, 08:33 AM

Because you're still bad.

DUUH.
13 Jul 2014, 08:36 AM
Patrion 14

Wait? What? You are complaining that an mg with a tiny effective area needs a second 240mp unit with a tiny area to protect it? if every maxim needs one behind it, you should be able to take the rest of the map easily with your extra capping units.
13 Jul 2014, 08:38 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 08:33 AMKatitof
Because you're still bad.

DUUH.

Shhh, don't let the secret out :oops:
13 Jul 2014, 08:41 AM

13 Jul 2014, 08:42 AM

I'm going to give you a tip that will easily let you beat Maxim spam in 1vs1

13 Jul 2014, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 08:42 AMCruzz
I'm going to give you a tip that will easily let you beat Maxim spam in 1vs1

13 Jul 2014, 08:48 AM

I've got something better.

And illustrated guide that will solve all ops problems the moment he does that!

13 Jul 2014, 09:23 AM

They ninja buffed Ostheer mortar and OKW Infanteriegeschütz into pinpoint accuracy isn't it?
13 Jul 2014, 09:27 AM

Maxim spam was never much of an issue in 1 vs1,mostly in teamgames.Haven't played enough to say if the new maxim is less spam-effective.But if 1 mg is covering another thats standrad tactics,any machine gun can do it..not unit issue.Problem arose when flanked first mg turned so quickly that all could cover all and there would be no flanks once he had 3.
13 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

for the OH get them damn mortars then grens with lmg's for OKW get them damn support guns then obers. but dont bother with flanking it doesnt work you need to do brute force frontal attacks.

But if relic really wants an unit that can be flanked it needs a nerf in its packup time and 2 seconds should be its bare minimum.
14 Jul 2014, 02:07 AM

Yeah right now maxim spam is deadily in 2v2s and up and honestly fucking stupid good/annoying to deal with. 1v1s mmmmmmm not as much since like others said u can out cap them easily. I think some of this has to do with map lay outs.

Large maps are basically the end to OKW especially vs americans since they can cap so much better in the early game. 1v1s are different since maps are generally smaller.
14 Jul 2014, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 08:48 AMKatitof
I've got something better.

And illustrated guide that will solve all ops problems the moment he does that!

Telling an OP to kill himself, what a constructive way to add to the community.

What a useful post.
14 Jul 2014, 03:49 AM

Permanently Banned
I guess NW fresh has no idea what hes talking about.

Its an increadibly abusive tactic. Get up to 5-6 maxims and attack move, deny capture points till T-34 76s then T-34 85s, game closed. Goodnight. Zis guns for any armor harassmen which can also use the abusive barrage for those who even contemplate grouping together.

Biggest problem is the durability and supression of the squad. Merge is also a joke as they can continue to reinforce
14 Jul 2014, 04:00 AM

I guess NW fresh has no idea what hes talking about.

Its an increadibly abusive tactic. Get up to 5-6 maxims and attack move, deny capture points till T-34 76s then T-34 85s, game closed. Goodnight. Zis guns for any armor harassmen which can also use the abusive barrage for those who even contemplate grouping together.

Biggest problem is the durability and supression of the squad. Merge is also a joke as they can continue to reinforce

This is the sort of thing that you win via positioning and coordination. Out maneuver the AT guns, flank the maxims. Good flak track usage will easily beat multiple maxims, as long as you can avoid the Zis.

It's easy to theorycraft "He builds lots of maxims and a zis and then rushes tanks" and it definitely is a viable strategy, but the counter is also equally viable it's a matter of outplaying your opponent.
14 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM

Permanently Banned

This is the sort of thing that you win via positioning and coordination. Out maneuver the AT guns, flank the maxims. Good flak track usage will easily beat multiple maxims, as long as you can avoid the Zis.

It's easy to theorycraft "He builds lots of maxims and a zis and then rushes tanks" and it definitely is a viable strategy, but the counter is also equally viable it's a matter of outplaying your opponent.

its no where near equally viable after maxims gain map poistion. Mortars and Snipers cannot wipe maxims squads fast enough vs their re-inforce time. Zis barrage adds to the pain. Nerfing rotation time for maxim did absilutely nothing. BECAUSE YOU ARE SPAMMING and TURTLING THE maxims. Just like you do with siege tanks in starcraft. You can reinforce squads with merge as well which allows them to keep chugging along.

I just think the way soviets are made is fundamentally broken in theory, far too many advantages and cheap moves like button and ridiculously cheap mines. Units are just far too multifunctional and dominate their equivalents due to the key advantages they have. They also have diverse options that can be changed far to easily in game
14 Jul 2014, 04:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

its no where near equally viable after maxims gain map poistion. Mortars and Snipers cannot wipe maxims squads fast enough vs their re-inforce time. Zis barrage adds to the pain. Nerfing rotation time for maxim did absilutely nothing. BECAUSE YOU ARE SPAMMING and TURTLING THE maxims. Just like you do with siege tanks in starcraft. You can reinforce squads with merge as well which allows them to keep chugging along.

I just think the way soviets are made is fundamentally broken in theory, far too many advantages and cheap moves like button and ridiculously cheap mines. Units are just far too multifunctional and dominate their equivalents due to the key advantages they have. They also have diverse options that can be changed far to easily in game

Eventhough your comments are highly biased with troll bait content, this is an acceptable formulate opinion. Odd for what you are used to amuse us with.

Anyway: High DPS units > Maxim. Focus fire gunner = wiped maxim.
14 Jul 2014, 05:23 AM
Patrion 15

Hey dude props for taking the time to articulate your opinion. You are still the master of hyperbole, but this is a step in the right direction :thumbsup: I agree with your points on the soviets having an army that is generally a pita to deal with, and when playing against them I feel like I have to outmicro my opponent really hard just to break even. However, a factions ease of use does not make them overpowered, it just makes them...easier.
14 Jul 2014, 05:28 AM

How to beat Maxim spam:

Move the combat into the Korean era (Sovs vs. US) and build nothing but double LMG riflemen :D
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS