Login

russian armor

How to counter the US blob LMG spam ?

12 Jul 2014, 14:44 PM

As the title say. I dont get that match up. First minutes of the game, the US rush my fuel point and spam riflemen. Few minute later (approximatly at 4), he get LMG to wipe out my squads (at this point, the OKW has nothing to counter it). MG34 are fucking crappy MG's to hold the shithorde and volks are dying like fly. At 6 he get M15A1 ... my poor ratten is quickly crushed by the horde. GG.

12 Jul 2014, 15:05 PM

Could you post a replay?
12 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Panzerfussiliers are great infantry to hold off the riflemen until you can get obers. Their large size will also let you keep them into late game with vet, and the AT rifle nade is ok for forcing vehicles to move or get wrecked. Also plan on getting a fast puma, it will come out at about the same time as an m20 or AA halftrack.

Edit: The kubel is good support until you get the 2 CPs for fussiliers.
12 Jul 2014, 23:16 PM

You may find the manpower cost to be prohibitive but the Infantry Support Gun really works wonders against blobs. Alternatively if you have got good micro, the Flak Half-track is pretty damn effective against massed infantry, though BARs inflict fairly significant damage to it over time.
12 Jul 2014, 23:50 PM

It's tough to counter. Most strategies against it are easier said than done, though it can be done. If a mistake is made early against them, though, it can be lights out.
12 Jul 2014, 23:51 PM

Flakhalftrack.

And or infantry support gun + spotlight halftrack.
13 Jul 2014, 08:59 AM

A vet 1 Mg 34 with Incendary rounds can totally destroy a blob. But without that it's a piece of shit .....

At mid-lategame a Stuka zu Fuß should end all blobing from the enemy pretty quuck .... :D
17 Jul 2014, 17:31 PM

Having the Flak HQ with a field gun near by is very very good... but the down side is thats T2+4 and no Pumas...
17 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM

Stuka. Stuka does good.
17 Jul 2014, 23:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 17:32 PMVonIvan
Stuka. Stuka does good.

Stuka is so badass against blobs. Practice aiming it against a walking blob and raise hell. RAISE HELL.
17 Nov 2014, 16:29 PM

As the title say. I dont get that match up. First minutes of the game, the US rush my fuel point and spam riflemen. Few minute later (approximatly at 4), he get LMG to wipe out my squads (at this point, the OKW has nothing to counter it). MG34 are fucking crappy MG's to hold the shithorde and volks are dying like fly. At 6 he get M15A1 ... my poor ratten is quickly crushed by the horde. GG.

I found that the best way to counter the infantry blob is through the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine and this works perfect on maps with a chokepoint such as Fastwar.
Build order:

Kubelwagen
Volks
Call in MG34.
That alone holds off the blob long enough for you to either get a Flak Halftrack OR Mortars and an Infantry support gun.
Use Fallschirmsjägers to flank, surprise and harrass your opponent.
Always have a Raketenwerfer behind your line to deter any tank rush.
On 4/5 tries, it works and the opponent often rage quits when you deploy your Stuka zu Fuss.
17 Nov 2014, 16:39 PM

On closed maps there's not much you can do. Just say GG and click the surrender button.

Once I had 2 vet5 Sturms, 2 fallshchs and one ober. They dropped like flies and couldn't do shit against Vet3 Thompson spam. And the so called I-Win button [Konigstiger], had to run back to a corner thanks to p37.

Rflemen with bars and flames are another nightmare on maps with too many sight blockers.

18 Nov 2014, 09:16 AM

On closed maps there's not much you can do. Just say GG and click the surrender button.

Once I had 2 vet5 Sturms, 2 fallshchs and one ober. They dropped like flies and couldn't do shit against Vet3 Thompson spam. And the so called I-Win button [Konigstiger], had to run back to a corner thanks to p37.

Rflemen with bars and flames are another nightmare on maps with too many sight blockers.

He can do nothing with is Vet3 Thompsons if they are pinned. Pin them with a Kubelwagen AND a MG34 and Mortar his ass back to the base. He will run after 5 sec. As they are pinned it's a piece of cake to close in with fallsch.
Yesterday I played against a level 60 player (I am just 34) and he was Russian. Again on Fastwar 2-2 map. Unit variation mod. He rage quitted after 34 min. By then he had never broken my line of one kubelwagen, one MG34, one raketenwerfer and a captured 76 mm fieldgun supported by a vetted mortars and inf support guns. In the background I had a Stuka and a Luchs to rush his pinned infantry blobs. Not even with vet 3 shock troops and 3 T34s did he break the line. I built no heavy tanks at all.
18 Nov 2014, 13:12 PM

^MG/Kubel is useless on urban maps like Grad.
18 Nov 2014, 13:52 PM

Permanently Banned
>Describe events of game, claiming that one side was outrageously OP
>doesn't have a replay to back up any of these claims

GG

also VonIvan answered the thread correctly.
18 Nov 2014, 15:29 PM

>Describe events of game, claiming that one side was outrageously OP
>doesn't have a replay to back up any of these claims

GG

also VonIvan answered the thread correctly.

I should have posted the replay, my bad.
The problem with the Stuka counter is that it will take at least 10 min in my opinion to get it out.
18 Nov 2014, 15:55 PM

Well let's see here

Obers beat all USF infantry under all circumstances 1 on 1 (minus maybe a few rare ones with vet paras or vet rifles against unvet Obers).

So, just spam the hell out of obers really. Also use a combination of vehicles and infantry so he has to split between zooks and BAR/lmg
18 Nov 2014, 17:22 PM
Patrion 310

Helpinghans has been using all kinds of mechanized openings for a long time vs USF. To be fair hansi is a very good player but within the current OKW vs USF meta, mech openings (puma + stuka) are less reliable than luchs + panther + obers. Stuka basicly mean that OKW has to get puma + falls/panzer fusiliers instead of panther/obers which scale much better lategame with vet. A vet5 ober rape everything and its not rare to see a vet5 ober with over 40-50 kills late game. Front armor from a vet2 panther can take more of a beating than OH tiger from range.

Fortification doctrine work very well against USF because airborne have no good counter against either flak HQ or pak43 (which also counter USF pack howie by killing the gun itself). The flak HQ provide great cover for pak43 + mgs in trenches to lock down fuel. If airborne dont spend munitions on M20 mines they are also more vulnerable to flanking from panther/luchs. Without m20 mines its pretty safe even base rushing USF with a 9 minute luchs to kill his medics/ambulance.
18 Nov 2014, 18:55 PM

^MG/Kubel is useless on urban maps like Grad.

That's why you should veto Grad ^^ ....
18 Nov 2014, 19:54 PM

That's why you should veto Grad ^^ ....

I do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak