Login

russian armor

Suggestions for the War Spoils system

12 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM

Dear Relic,

I've been patient so far, said my prayers to the RNG God every night, but your system keeps trolling me and I'm fed up with it.

The biggest issues with this system imo are:

1. Receiving stuff for not owned factions: what am I supposed to do with bulletins, skins and commanders that belong to a faction I don't own? I don't want to buy that faction so these items are completely useless to me.

Fix: allow drops only for the factions you actually own.

2. Duplicate drops: why the f**k would I need two of the same face plates, commanders, skins, aso?

Fix:

a. allow players to trade duplicate items between themselves, or preferably

b. do not allow duplicate drops. Give us something new every time until we all have everything.

Please Relic, stop trolling us and make the rewards for playing the game actually worth something!

12 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

+1

most of my drops are for OKW or US (which I dont own) and second commander, bulletin etc..
12 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

lol, its all part of marketing :)
12 Jul 2014, 17:45 PM

+1

I could sell quite some skins/skinpacks that i one PAYED for already.
lets not start on the double and TRIPLE bulletins ...
15 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM

Hopefully they would fix this soon... i received the same faceplate 4 times :(
15 Jul 2014, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 17:20 PMRogers
lol, its all part of marketing :)

And they don't even have a marketing section afaik.

The problem is that Relic doesn't talk to us.
It would be okay if they said that they're thinking about solutions.

But no they don't talk to their player base at all.
They just do something after a while, release it and wonder why the community rages because it is some kind of crap they did.
15 Jul 2014, 11:40 AM

Hopefully they would fix this soon... i received the same faceplate 4 times :(

Paging Trollic Entertainmet!

Anybody home?
15 Jul 2014, 11:41 AM

b. do not allow duplicate drops. Give us something new every time until we all have everything.

I understand why everyone finds this idea so appealing.

But it's never going to happen.

The drop system exists to serve relic as a company, and that means encouraging people to spend money on purchasable DLC.

If you can't ever get duplicates, there's no point ever bothering to buy things. Just turn on your PC and wait, it's changed from a chance to an absolute certainty that you will eventually own everything, no matter what it is.

Paid DLC, rare drop skins or commanders, anything and everything. One of each. Not gonna happen, it's poison to DLC.

Try to understand that Relic is a company, not your butler.
15 Jul 2014, 12:28 PM

Just as well, because if a butler did things that the person paying for their service didn't want or require "here is your fifth tie, which is identical to the previous four I gave you, which you didn't want or ask for" the butler would very quickly find themselves fired.

As Relic is a company, they can get away with adding hopelessly flawed new features, Ones that cause a huge amount of customer dissatisfaction, because they are still selling other products and have various streams of income. Add to that fact that any negative imagine that said features create is only represented on the internet, and thus has a very limited ability to make the company look bad.

Relic are exceptionally good at making good RTS game mechanics, but are utterly, utterly, terrible at resolving bugs, performance issues and balance issues within a decent time frame.
15 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM

Just as well, because if a butler did things that the person paying for their service didn't want or require "here is your fifth tie, which is identical to the previous four I gave you, which you didn't want or ask for" the butler would very quickly find themselves fired.

You didn't pay for your duplicates.

You got given five free ties.

And you still complain.
15 Jul 2014, 12:40 PM

Relic are exceptionally good at making good RTS game mechanics, but are utterly, utterly, terrible at resolving bugs, performance issues and balance issues within a decent time frame.

+1
15 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

You didn't pay for your duplicates.
You got given five free ties.
And you still complain.

The old system didn't have utterly worthless duplicates - this one does. It's nice that they're giving away free stuff, but the less utterly worthless the stuff is the better.

Relic have produced a very broken system that gives people duplicate commanders/skins/strikes/faceplates. You may think that's super cool and fun but most people think that is a display of incompetence - and one that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.

15 Jul 2014, 12:45 PM

I understand why everyone finds this idea so appealing.

But it's never going to happen.

The drop system exists to serve relic as a company, and that means encouraging people to spend money on purchasable DLC.

If you can't ever get duplicates, there's no point ever bothering to buy things. Just turn on your PC and wait, it's changed from a chance to an absolute certainty that you will eventually own everything, no matter what it is.

Paid DLC, rare drop skins or commanders, anything and everything. One of each. Not gonna happen, it's poison to DLC.

You sir are incorrect.

You can't buy the new stuff (commanders, skins, faceplates) anymore, so anything new will only come via drops and eventually you will own everything. It's just a matter of time. And getting duplicates makes absolutely no sense to anyone.

Now tell me this, how is Relic encouraging me to spend money on DLC? Cause I can't even buy the new stuff...
15 Jul 2014, 12:46 PM

Relic have produced a very broken system that gives people duplicate commanders/skins/strikes/faceplates. You may think that's super cool and fun but most people think that is a display of incompetence - and one that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.

+2
15 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

I suggest dropping a lottery system all together because they are a horrible main system and going with a economic system but a quick fix would be giving the player some kind of control.

when a loot drops, give use a choice of 1 out of 3 things, give use some kind of control over it instead of just a damn RNG.
15 Jul 2014, 13:38 PM

If they really want to make it fun, let us customize our commanders, give each call in a value, say recon plane(1), Tiger Ace(4 or 5), give the player a maximum value allowed like 12, allow use 5 slots and build our commanders.

Very similar to the Wargame series.

If they want longevity in their game they need to promote player creativity and dynamic meta game exploration instead of dev control meta, the current meta is; pro players finding best stat, dev's tweak the strong units, players find next best strat, rinse in repeat.
15 Jul 2014, 13:39 PM

War spoils are very frustrating at the moment. They may encourage you to play the game longer, but only to for the sake of the drops and not for the sake of the game. And when its finally time and you get another batch of war spoils, its duplicate bulletins and faceplates all over again. I dont even care if its free. If you will put new content into a giant lottery, offer those new items (namely commanders) in the steam store aswell.

The system, as it is currently, is just pissing people off. And when Relic officially confirms that the System is working as intended, even with very obvious issues and problems, its no wonder that people react very frustrated. To the point where they eventually lose the fun aspect when playing the game. Which means less people playing it. Which means a slow death.
15 Jul 2014, 13:43 PM

War spoils are very frustrating at the moment. They may encourage you to play the game longer, but only to for the sake of the drops and not for the sake of the game. And when its finally time and you get another batch of war spoils, its duplicate bulletins and faceplates all over again. I dont even care if its free. If you will put new content into a giant lottery, offer those new items (namely commanders) in the steam store.

The system, as it is currently, is just pissing people off. And when Relic officially confirms that the System is working as intended, even with very obvious issues and problems, its no wonder that people react very frustrated. To the point where they eventually lose the fun aspect when playing the game. Which means less people playing it. Which means a slow death.

To the lessen the pain or if you get bored/doing something else around the house, start a comp stomp

4v4, city 17, 500 or 1000VP

You
Comp Hard
comp Hard
comp Hard

Normal
Normal
Normal

start game

alt+enter for window mode

45-1:30 time played

15 Jul 2014, 14:24 PM

Approach the topic with some logic. There were quite a few players that had every bulletin unlocked before WFA. Some may even had all commanders as well.

If every single drop for those people would be required to be something new, they would own all WFA bulletins / commanders in almost no time. A person that just bought the game fresh of the shelve on the other hand and has no bulletins at all would have close to no chance to actually get a certain item (as he has hundreds of bulletins to unlock). He would unlock more stuff that he could use, but the chance to actually get something he wants is lower.

That would mean that such a system would mostly help the senior players, not the new ones. Relic at some point stated that every player should have the same chance to get a drop and that it takes years to unlock everything. I guess that's why there are duplicates. To lower the difference between old and new players. You can see similar things in Battlefield or other shooters with unlocks - The new players are usually not only less experienced, but also worse equipped which creates a massive barrier to overcome.

I'm not saying I like it and I think their system has some bugs. I could understand that you get some duplicates (A second of this or that item is fine), but that there are three, four, five or six of a kind? Sounds to me that something in their RNGs is broken :/
15 Jul 2014, 15:03 PM

I think getting duplicates is stupid. If they want to help newcomers let them get more drops up to a certain level so they can gain everything at a faster pace and catch up with the rest of the players.

Why should the "veteran" players have to suffer? Why do I have to get 4 times a bulletin for a commander I don't own??? Or get duplicates faceplates?

I would be fine with a slower drop rate after a certain point, but getting duplicates is retarded. Unless they plan on making a marketplace where you can trade them.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★