Login

russian armor

Faction Strength

12 Jul 2014, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 09:51 AMPorygon

Sir, are you high?

must be
12 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

Sovjets are pretty weak atm, some buffs are needed there and maybe some nerfs on OKW and Wehrmacht !
I think Snipers should be three men squads to give them a chance to survive. The clown car should do more damage and Maxims need to suppress with half a burst.

:clap:
12 Jul 2014, 11:06 AM

i mainly play 4v4s arranged and randoms. I found out that most of the late game US players die off because of poor squad management and lack of proper AT. even when the obersoldaten kick in it's easier of the OKW late game. Though i'm not complaining about the early/mid OKW I definitely think they are too strong after late game. But the Allies have an incentive to finish games quickly
12 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM

Ostheer in a hands a good player can easly defeat the USF in 1v1s. Snipers, Mg-42s and Paks/shrecks are the nightmare of the USF, later throw a Tiger, Stug-E into the mix and the amis can't do anything against it.

It just requires tons of practice, but works (see Cruzz's Ostheer play).
12 Jul 2014, 11:55 AM

From the poll results it seems ostheer is overall weakest faction,being the least voted in strongest faction category of both modes as well as in top 2 of weakest faction in both.
Strongest overall seems soviets,not in the top 2 of the weakest in any game modes,and in top 2 of strongest in both game modes.

USF and OKW seem lopsided,very good in one particular game mode.
12 Jul 2014, 12:03 PM

I find OKW and USF both very map dependant, it should be changed. Only I think this is an issue?
12 Jul 2014, 12:13 PM

I think the Western Fronts Armies broke the balance,it just should've been USA vs OKW....as Ostheer,I can't do anything against Riflemen+Scout Car....and as Soviets,the Elite German Infantry rape everything I throw at them :(....oh and yesterday,a Jadgpanzer took 2 or 3 shots from a T34 in the a** and the shots deflected,is this normal??
12 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

Permanently Banned
I think Snipers should be three men squads to give them a chance to survive. The clown car should do more damage and Maxims need to suppress with half a burst.

:clap:

What you are telling in an ironic way, is (sadly :( ) the only way to create a fair balance. :)

@Porygon: I may be high but not as high as someone who still gives comments on balance playing only Ostheer :) Very biased doe.
12 Jul 2014, 13:10 PM

What you are telling in an ironic way, is (sadly :( ) the only way to create a fair balance. :)

@Porygon: I may be high but not as high as someone who still gives comments on balance playing only Ostheer :) Very biased doe.

:rofl:
12 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

I think the Western Fronts Armies broke the balance,it just should've been USA vs OKW....as Ostheer,I can't do anything against Riflemen+Scout Car....and as Soviets,the Elite German Infantry rape everything I throw at them :(....oh and yesterday,a Jadgpanzer took 2 or 3 shots from a T34 in the a** and the shots deflected,is this normal??

youre either didnt shoot at his rear armor or you were EXTREMELY unlucky. JdgpzIV has 80 rear armor... T34/75s should have no problem penetrating that (their pen. values are 120/100/80)
12 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

Permanently Banned

:rofl:

Well your playercard shows me you don't even play in my league closely :) Maybe you should stay away from balance forum? :)

Well I think OKW needs a nerf ASAP, because they just break balance!
12 Jul 2014, 17:07 PM

Well your playercard shows me you don't even play in my league closely :) Maybe you should stay away from balance forum? :)

Well I think OKW needs a nerf ASAP, because they just break balance!

Wow, youre right! Im in the top 100 1v1, currently top 60, for Soviets! Meanwhile you are proud of your rank 70 in 3v3 AT. Its a totally different skill level required, you are right.

I wonder how anyone can take you seriously..
12 Jul 2014, 17:17 PM

1v1 rank is a lot harder to attain than AT/RT rank. Plus 1v1 should be the most balanced mode, because it will always be the most competitive - and it will drive the truly competitive community.

Anyways in my opinion for 1v1:

Ost > USF > Sov > OKW

For team games(this is aimed at 2v2, I don't play 3v3/4v4 much so I don't want to comment on that):
Sov > Ost > USF > OKW
12 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don´t feed the trolls. Eventhough this forum taught me that maybe there is people that really think that way.

Ontopic:

Depends who you are facing and on which map.
OH and SU have overall solid armies but lacks some staying power in the infantry apartment on which both US and OKW have some really cost efficient units which can´t be match once you lose your vet units.
OKW has an awesome late game and US an awesome early mid game.

On teamgames, depends on the combination of armies. Double soviets remain powerful, OKW + OH complements really well, double US has some cheesy openings which can be a pain in the ass for 2x OH, and US + SU feels tricky if you are not using doctrinal tanks.
12 Jul 2014, 17:44 PM

My opinion is that Soviets are strong as long as you have the correct plan for the correct map. Ostheer is an allrounder, but could use some love for its tiers, because T3 and especially T4 arent that worthwhile in a 1v1. US is a faction that is great in the early to midgame, but is limited in its very early opening options and the rather lacking and "reactive" lategame. By that i mean that they cant be that offensive lategame as they are in the early and mid game, and that is because of their lack of decent allrounder lategame tanks. Sherman Easy Eight is pretty much the heaviest tank the US has. And Jacksons, while being great at defense, arent that good on the offense because of their bad survivability.

And the OKW is the unforgiving bitch that rewards you if you get to the very lategame but absolutely nutkicks you if you do a single semi - major mistake. Hard to play isnt always much fun.
And their have true Über - infantry. Pretty costly tho.

As for my personal ranking,

1v1 : Soviet / USF (due to M15 meta) > Ostheer > OKW
2v2 : I dont really have a ranking here, i think all are equally good, with maybe the OKW being superior in the lategame.
12 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I totally disagree. Imho it's a lot harder to earn an equal team game rank, because the diversity in team games is a lot higher. Many more things have to be considered (tactics, individual micro etc.) so that it's much more challenging. I think it's really narcisstic of those people claiming their game mode the one and only :)
12 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

^^
I used to play 1 v 1 only when I started with coh. But it was stressful, as mistakes are punishing. But I find the team games to be more fun and less stressful, and less punishing in terms of mistakes.

I do believe that they should include another core metric with team games in order to make it more competitive.

Kill ratios should make it into the rankings. I have a great team team if it goes for an hour and I have 3:1 kill ratio.
12 Jul 2014, 18:19 PM

I totally disagree. Imho it's a lot harder to earn an equal team game rank, because the diversity in team games is a lot higher. Many more things have to be considered (tactics, individual micro etc.) so that it's much more challenging. I think it's really narcisstic of those people claiming their game mode the one and only :)

im rank 8 and 14 in 4v4 german AT after a total of only 24 games between the two teams. try getting to top 20 in 1v1 after only 12 games. its not possible

i think team games are more fun and more diverse in terms of builds, but i dont think its possible to argue theyre harder. youre less spread out, so theres less micro, theres fewer flanks to defend, your teammates can always come bail you out, etc.
12 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

1v1 is a faceoff between two people, everyone is responsible for their own. You lose a game because you got outplayed or you win a game because you played better. Thats how it is. Engagements are decided by your very own micro and thought, not because you had the bigger army or one mate more.

You cant try a totally cheesy strat that would work in a 3v3. You are responsible for the outcome of the game on your own, you cant rely on your teammates backing you up.

3v3's and 4v4's are usually giant spam fests. They are mainly casual game modes. The competetive scene however, is driven by 1v1's and 2v2's to some extent.

1v1 is the best way to test your own skill. Top 100 1v1 and Top 100 3v3 are usually entirely different skill wise.
12 Jul 2014, 18:26 PM

I'm finding It difficult to have Much of an opinion on anything other than WF armies. Simply haven't seem or played enough of the original factions lately. My impression Is That Soviets are strong and that Wehr Is alright, but we kind of have an M8 meta like in CoH1 where Wehr needs to Play defensively and get a Fast pak against Americans, but comes into their own in the midgame.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★