Login

russian armor

Forum Ban list

28 Mar 2013, 18:44 PM

gr was the worst bs-site ever. but what can you except with admins like remy? just bs.
28 Mar 2013, 18:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I highly disagree, as the people who would vote to moderate/ban would have to have a STRONG backing to accomplish anything, and if the people want it, it is just, while the admins can do anything with the click of the button and without ever letting the community know as there is no tracking system to show who exactly was responsible.

And? Site owners can do whatever they want, it's their site in the end... But pushing people around without reason would be stupid, because that would drag away others too.
28 Mar 2013, 18:55 PM

gr was the worst bs-site ever. but what can you except with admins like remy? just bs.

you should get your facts straight before posting bs like that.
28 Mar 2013, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 18:55 PMcr4wler

you should get your facts straight before posting bs like that.

ahh yea ou are right. remy was never trolling anyone. he was doing a great job as admin for fair play, specially when he played 2v2 at with biosparks.

he is really INSANE.
28 Mar 2013, 20:14 PM

he was doing a great job as admin for fair play

you're starting to get your shit together :-) now you only need to learn the difference between senior and admin.
28 Mar 2013, 23:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

This is getting too much OT now.
29 Mar 2013, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 20:14 PMcr4wler

now you only need to learn the difference between senior and admin.

for what? and who are u?
2 Apr 2013, 15:41 PM

Almost every organization is effectively a "dictatorship" by your definition, Ivan. But when it comes to a organization which provide services for a group of people you cant call it dictatorship and be 100% right. In a dictatorship, if I didn't like what was going on, I'd probably be jailed, get my opinions oppressed, get harassed etc. For this site I simply have to never visit it again and the Admins would see the revenue for the site go down. So if for some reason someone started running the site like a total a-hole, people would move to their competing sites or other places that can provide almost the same services, lowering their ad revenue.

TL;DR: Admins cant emulate Napoleon or Ceasar without losing money or the ability to run the site.

On topic: Ignore list sounds like a good idea, but if voting will have a threshold that bans the disliked person, then it'll get out of hand quickly. This is after all a discussions board, and some tend to get too personal when arguing their points. ;)
2 Apr 2013, 15:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The thing about the whole No Mods / No Masters approach on this site is that there's already a sub-Reddit for CoH and /vg/ on 4Chan if you want unmoderated discussion about the game, it's not really a niche that needs filling.
2 Apr 2013, 16:19 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We want coh2.org to be a friendly environment where players and devs both feel welcome. We won't allow obscenity and excessive trolling with defamation as its only intent. I hope you guys appreciate that we are trying to create a good atmosphere around here.
2 Apr 2013, 16:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Red Admins

I get no respect
2 Apr 2013, 16:48 PM

hmm anyway.. if this "ignore/ban list" would have been made the members of COHEXPERTS would dominate it.. lol :D
2 Apr 2013, 19:10 PM

So if for some reason someone started running the site like a total a-hole, people would move to their competing sites or other places that can provide almost the same services, lowering their ad revenue.

I understand that, and wouldn't be even here if that were the case, but unfortunately it is not. CoH2.org is honestly the only site that provides the kind of services it does( which I appreciate fully). If everyone left there actually would be nowhere else to go(which I wouldn't see anybody leaving but it is still possible) as gr is dead. What I'm against though is, as was the problem in gr, having mods that abuse the system and get away with it, and being under complete control by the admins as they can do whatever they'd like on the site, which I agree to some degree as they built it themselves, however it would be nice to allow a voting system to be incorporated so the whole community could agree on certain things.

hmm anyway.. if this "ignore/ban list" would have been made the members of COHEXPERTS would dominate it.. lol :D

I highly disagree with that statement, as it states on our memo:"We are a humble clan that consists of some of the best players in CoHs." MVGame http://www.gamereplays.org/community/COHEXPERTS-cn1352.html
2 Apr 2013, 21:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

however it would be nice to allow a voting system to be incorporated so the whole community could agree on certain things.

:P
2 Apr 2013, 22:49 PM

:P

Hahaha!!! nice one! :D
2 Apr 2013, 23:47 PM

3 Apr 2013, 16:26 PM

Red Admins

I get no respect

:-)

OH HAI !!!
3 Apr 2013, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 20:14 PMcr4wler

you're starting to get your shit together :-) now you only need to learn the difference between senior and admin.

Admin and senior whatever, I did the same things with both badges.
3 Apr 2013, 16:47 PM

What I'm against though is, as was the problem in gr, having mods that abuse the system and get away with it

It was different on GR, the moderation there was run by Nazis with no affiliation to the CoH section, and even mods that had the "CoH" badge answered to those GR moderator admins like TheWord, and not to the people that actually ran the CoH section. That said, democratic votes are probably never going to happenen here, because the idea of democracy is that the opinion of 5 biased morons is worth 5x the vote of one well informed impartial voter.

I highly disagree with that statement, as it states on our memo:"We are a humble clan that consists of some of the best players in CoHs."

MVGame
3 Apr 2013, 16:56 PM

It was different on GR, the moderation there was run by Nazis with no affiliation to the CoH section, and even mods that had the "CoH" badge answered to those GR moderator admins like TheWord, and not to the people that actually ran the CoH section. Democratic votes are probably never going to happenen here, because the idea of democracy is that the opinion of 5 biased morons is worth 5x the vote of one well informed impartial voter so there is a lot of room for abusing the system.

Again I disagree, the system would not be abused if a voting poll was instated, and I don't really see how being biased is bad in a voting system for a simple video game, we aren't talking politics here. :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★