Login

russian armor

Forum Ban list

27 Mar 2013, 21:09 PM

in my eyes, if you guys want really a active forum, with clans and so so. tis system will cause more problems then will make "moderation" easier.

but anyway, lets talk in few months about it, ok? :)
27 Mar 2013, 21:12 PM
Admin Black Badge

I was not talking about the internet specifically, so that assumption is untrue. :D I am merely stating the more power you have the more tempted you are to "intervene" and do whatever you like even when the rules state otherwise, which makes the whole system completely flawed on a forum. MVGame

Not if you rely on user contribution/meaning, then in the end dictatorship will kill you.

Its like with a good company, you can say the same about it, but imho its wrong to compare it with dictatorship.
27 Mar 2013, 21:13 PM
Admin Black Badge

in my eyes, if you guys want really a active forum, with clans and so so. tis system will cause more problems then will make "moderation" easier.

but anyway, lets talk in few months about it, ok? :)

As I said, its not written in stone. Just something in my head. You need something to start with :p
27 Mar 2013, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2013, 21:12 PMhicksi

Not if you rely on user contribution/meaning, then in the end dictatorship will kill you.

Its like with a good company, you can say the same about it, but imho its wrong to compare it with dictatorship.

In the end the admin does have the option to overrule whatever the general public asks for or demands since he has the power, so your argument is pointless.
27 Mar 2013, 21:21 PM
Admin Black Badge

In the end the admin does have the option to overrule whatever the general public asks for or demands since he has the power, so your argument is pointless.

Indeed, my argumentation would be pretty pointless, if I would speak about the option.

But its a bit to easy to reduce it on the option, without taking an eye on its results and reason of why coh2.org is here.

But I don't see the discussion going somewhere, so I'm out.
27 Mar 2013, 21:21 PM

who are the admins at this site?
marcus, ami, ntd and hicksi.

i think they judge fair and they will do everything to push this site and coh 2. i dont think they overrule anything when general public asks for.

but idd, this is just my personal feeling about this guys.

(dont ask me for remy!!! :P)
27 Mar 2013, 21:30 PM

who are the admins at this site?
marcus, ami, ntd and hicksi.

i think they judge fair and they will do everything to push this site and coh 2. i dont think they overrule anything when general public asks for.

but idd, this is just my personal feeling about this guys.

(dont ask me for remy!!! :P)

They may be, they may not be, nobody can be 100% sure, I recommend the only way to prove that would be if they removed the option to have all the power and all they could simply do was edit the site to a limited degree and only if the community agreed to it through a 3rd party that was unbiased and controlled the polls on the site, then it would be much fairer as the whole community gets to decide through direct democracy and they would be forced to implement the ideas agreed on, otherwise they could be removed from the site through an impeachment process enabled on the site that consisted of a single poll that could be started up by any member of the site and had the backing of at least 3/4s of the members on the site that were classified as "active" members.
27 Mar 2013, 21:35 PM
Admin Black Badge

I bring this up, because your argumentation is losing a bit the thread.

We are five members at the top admin level, so dictatorship will never be a topic because its not possible that ONE admin can make a decision.

We maybe represent coh2.org as one person (whats not true, because its mainly the community), but in the end it will ever be a democratic decision.
27 Mar 2013, 21:38 PM

who is the 5th?
27 Mar 2013, 21:38 PM
Admin Black Badge

Seb
27 Mar 2013, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2013, 21:35 PMhicksi
I bring this up, because your argumentation is losing a bit the thread.

We are five members at the top admin level, so dictatorship will never be a topic because its not possible that ONE admin can make a decision.

We maybe represent coh2.org as one person (whats not true, because its mainly the community), but in the end it will never be a "dictatorship" decision.

A dictatorship can consist of only one person, but can also be several members in a small group. I disagree as each of the 5 admins can edit, delete, change, or add anything to the site you'd like to without any consequences. If you truly wish to represent the community I would recommend setting up a poll system and following it.
27 Mar 2013, 21:39 PM

ahh yea seb. nice guy aswell.

27 Mar 2013, 21:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

We already proved who we are, what we do and why we do it during the last 6 years of COH life (going to 7 now). If you were around during these years then I feel I don't have to prove anything about my seriousness, impartiality and loyalty to the community. What we want to do is just offering you the very best experience possible on the game you love to play :)
27 Mar 2013, 21:57 PM

We already proved who we are, what we do and why we do it during the last 6 years of COH life (going to 7 now). If you were around during these years then I feel I don't have to prove anything about my seriousness, impartiality and loyalty to the community. What we want to do is just offering you the very best experience possible on the game you love to play :)

I'll believe it when I see the polls. :)
27 Mar 2013, 22:02 PM
Admin Black Badge

A dictatorship can consist of only one person, but can also be several members in a small group. I disagree as each of the 5 admins can edit, delete, change, or add anything to the site you'd like to without any consequences. If you truly wish to represent the community I would recommend setting up a poll system and following it.

Okay you are right, dictatorship can consist several members, but I don't see your main argumentation anymore and its getting a bit ridiculous.

Sure I can say every company is a dictatorship. This is not a state, this is a provider. What the community rules is the quality of content and we can just help with our decisions to keep the quality up. If we fail, the quality fails. So we are controlled on the other hand by the community.

So I'm leaving this dicussion now. Speaking about dictatorship and coh2org in one context is a bit time wasting.
27 Mar 2013, 22:02 PM

If any abuse of the system were to happen it would probably be from people that are voting to moderate/ban, not from the admins.
27 Mar 2013, 22:10 PM

If any abuse of the system were to happen it would probably be from people that are voting to moderate/ban, not from the admins.

I highly disagree, as the people who would vote to moderate/ban would have to have a STRONG backing to accomplish anything, and if the people want it, it is just, while the admins can do anything with the click of the button and without ever letting the community know as there is no tracking system to show who exactly was responsible.
28 Mar 2013, 13:28 PM

I highly disagree, as the people who would vote to moderate/ban would have to have a STRONG backing to accomplish anything, and if the people want it, it is just, while the admins can do anything with the click of the button and without ever letting the community know as there is no tracking system to show who exactly was
responsible.

A pure voting system is idiotic. Oh hey, I have 10 accounts, let's get someone banned. I'd say that the admins should have the last word. I'd claim that the "number of ignores" should be used as a metric for where the admins should direct their attention and have no open voting about these things.

And a tracking system would help how?

I mean, given that they are admins and can do whatever they want - they would most certainly be able to manipulate any tracking systems.

I'm just going to say that you'll have to trust these people. They are providing you community interaction related a fantastic game - and they are doing it for free. They are actively developing this site and creating content for it. Heck, even the developers of the game are on this very forum. I trust the admins of this site to undertake sane decisions and never ban anyone without good reason (or do other nasty things).
28 Mar 2013, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2013, 13:28 PMTZer0

A pure voting system is idiotic. Oh hey, I have 10 accounts, let's get someone banned. I'd say that the admins should have the last word. I'd claim that the "number of ignores" should be used as a metric for where the admins should direct their attention and have no open voting about these things.

And a tracking system would help how?

I mean, given that they are admins and can do whatever they want - they would most certainly be able to manipulate any tracking systems.

I'm just going to say that you'll have to trust these people. They are providing you community interaction related a fantastic game - and they are doing it for free. They are actively developing this site and creating content for it. Heck, even the developers of the game are on this very forum. I trust the admins of this site to undertake sane decisions and never ban anyone without good reason (or do other nasty things).

As if 10 votes would change anything in a poll when we have over 2400 registered members already on this site, to ban anyone you would need most of the members to vote in on it which is why I emphasized the word strong. MVGame
28 Mar 2013, 17:51 PM

Why do you want a democratic vote? IronRoman wouldn't have lasted more than 3 weeks on GR using that system. MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 4
United States 2
Australia 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak