Login

russian armor

Kubelwagen - What to Do With Scaling...

10 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

Currently the Kubelwagen doesn't scale as well as other machine gun crews and often dies before the game gets anywhere. Of course the Kubelwagen has just been buffed with slightly more health. Is this enough to help it through the game? Personally, I don't think so. The Kubelwagen will still die very quickly as the game progresses. I have thought about two upgrades that might be able to help it through the course of the game.

1. MG-42 upgrade - This upgrade could very well benefit the Kubelwagen in a number of ways. At a moderate cost of 30 munitions or so with needed tech of T1 or T2 it would help the Kubelwagen with increase suppression rate and maybe an increased range. It could help against the early blobs that can be seen earlier in the game that have no true counter. It could help T1 to be more viable as well.

2. Overdrive or Smoke - Probably the easier way of helping the Kubelwagen. Not something of my preference but will get the job done. When it will be available is questionable.

Not what you're looking for? Of course this is all a toss-up for anyone who thinks they have something better in mind. What do you have in mind for our early little car? Does it even need to be changed at all? Are there currently more pressing matters? *cough* PanzerII
10 Jul 2014, 15:10 PM

i think kubel could geain perma supression with vet3 and it would be golden as a super mobile backcapper counter
10 Jul 2014, 15:17 PM

I knew I made this for a reason.

Konigskubel

10 Jul 2014, 15:19 PM

Agree with the Mg42 and smoke and overdrive. I guess you mean Supression while driving with Perma supression? if so, i think that may be a little bit too overpowered.

Then again, it would be a vet 3 ability, and as it is right now, it is already tough to keep it alive until then!
10 Jul 2014, 15:27 PM

Kubel is really nice where it currently is.
10 Jul 2014, 15:42 PM

Does the kubel have a mind of its own? Does it chase after infantry that it sees (or are spotted for it) but manage to get away from its suppression? It seems like this happens even if you "set it up" by clicking and dragging to point it in a particular direction. I've lost a few because of this unexpected behavior.

10 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM

Does the kubel have a mind of its own? Does it chase after infantry that it sees (or are spotted for it) but manage to get away from its suppression? It seems like this happens even if you "set it up" by clicking and dragging to point it in a particular direction. I've lost a few because of this unexpected behavior.

Also when you use the "U" key(reverse) it seems to make kubel do forward donuts, never reverse donuts, just forward ones.
11 Jul 2014, 00:17 AM

All it needs is patching fix so it doesn't dance and just drive.
HP buff it received does make a difference.
11 Jul 2014, 00:25 AM

Kubelwagon is a very good unit but I agree its patching can be messed up at times and that gets it killed.
11 Jul 2014, 01:14 AM
Patrion 310

Kubelwagon is a very good unit but I agree its patching can be messed up at times and that gets it killed.

The HP boost has helped a lot but pathing is probably the biggest issue with it. I find pretty frequently when using right click to reposition its arc, that it starts driving in a random direction instead of the small movement that is needed.
11 Jul 2014, 01:19 AM

I would like an upgrade that gave the Kübelwagen more durabilty against AT in the lategame. Maybe it could then take more damage from Snipers/flamers/other AI specific weapons. :D
11 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM

A range and/or sight range increase at a certain level of vet could maybe be enough, so it can stay further from the frontline (in case of only increased sight range it would serve as a great spotter like a vetted AC).
11 Jul 2014, 09:10 AM
Benefactor 115

a plain survivability buff with vet would be nice, and maybe incendiary rounds ability, but it's a pretty good unit already!
11 Jul 2014, 09:12 AM

The pathing of the Kubel is so messed up because it has no crush, not even light. So if you try to move it across say, minks pocket, it will have to go around every bush and piece of wood. This makes the unit very slow and vulnerable.

Then again, it is just a normal car. And cars don't generally do well driving through forests.
11 Jul 2014, 09:27 AM

A range and/or sight range increase at a certain level of vet could maybe be enough, so it can stay further from the frontline (in case of only increased sight range it would serve as a great spotter like a vetted AC).

You get that at level 3 if I am not mistaken.
11 Jul 2014, 10:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The pathing of the Kubel is so messed up because it has no crush, not even light. So if you try to move it across say, minks pocket, it will have to go around every bush and piece of wood. This makes the unit very slow and vulnerable.

Then again, it is just a normal car. And cars don't generally do well driving through forests.

They added light crush in a patch recently
11 Jul 2014, 11:56 AM

Have you actually used its vet1 ability yet? No infantry will ever surprise you with it.
11 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's nice for when it comes.

And it costs no fuel, so when it dies you can salvage it for a net fuel boost.

I pretty much plan on them dying because that will give me an early tech boost so long as they die where I can get to the wrecks
11 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM

The main problem with Kubel is its horrible pathing, everything else is fine. For bonus, any brave souls try micro 2 of them and let's see after 5 mins if you can retain your sanity.
11 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Not all units are meant to scale to the end of the game. The US light vehicles certainly don't scale at all, why should the Kubel? It's useful when you get it, but don't expect it to be useful twenty minutes in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★