Permanently Banned
This thing is surely the most useless thing in the game
13 Jul 2014, 22:13 PM

It's used more often than the SU-76.
13 Jul 2014, 23:13 PM
Patrion 310

For a bad player of course it is. For anyone with an ounce of skill it is very useful. Can force off early engagements and when coupled with a Sturmpioneer, is easily capable of inflicting lots of kills or even wiping squads. If micro'd well it can even be useful mid - late game as well. Vet 1 ability is really handy also.
14 Jul 2014, 03:21 AM

I don't know how you've played this game so long without noticing that all vehicles turn on their axis.

M3 is way more responsive than this thing. In old COH1, the schims also handle like a dream. The Kubel handles more like a trolley cart than a car.
14 Jul 2014, 06:02 AM

M3 is way more responsive than this thing. In old COH1, the schims also handle like a dream. The Kubel handles more like a trolley cart than a car.

Not really.

Not after last nerfs it got.
14 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM

Ap rounds for the kubel does sound nice, but one thing i really want for the kubel is a "Keep position" ability. Whenever a kubel pivots, it loses its suppression power and get screwed over. When one squad enters the far arc of the kubel, it suppresses it, but when another squad enters the opposite end of the arc as well, i command my kubel to target it, but instead it pivots (even though the squad was in the arc) to center the squad into the arc and then it gets raped because it lost its suppression. This ability given at vet 0, as well as maybe some pathing upgrades would satisfy me.

I want the mg42 to pivot, not the whole darn thing.
14 Jul 2014, 07:44 AM

Agreed, the Kubel needs a Soft Lock, so it'll stay put and not turn to face enemies, only fire at what's in the arc. But if you give it an overriding order, it'll revert to normal behavior and move.
14 Jul 2014, 09:15 AM

You get that at level 3 if I am not mistaken.

Ah ok I need to check that again. It's one of the units where I have not yet taken the time to read all the vet descriptions. ^^

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 11:56 AMKatitof
Have you actually used its vet1 ability yet? No infantry will ever surprise you with it.

Not yet, but looks like I should give it a try.
14 Jul 2014, 13:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's the ultimate early game stalling and "No fuck YOU this is MY fuel point" unit.

I'm pretty much building 2 all the time as my default opening BO
14 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

It seems like this game is going more and more into fantasy.
The current kubelwagon is an anti-historical joke. To give it a buff to make it more survivable goes against what it was used for. In game turns it is being used as an armored car which it was not. It was a light military vehicle. It was not armored. Even with a machine gun attached the kubelwagon was not a solitary, long range scout. The kubelwagon could be taken out with rifle fire. It was part of a battle group so that it would have a chance of surviving , or it was used behind the lines as basic transport. It does not belong on the front line, and if it goes there it should be easily taken out. The addition of the mg was a field modification. The person firing the mg has to stand up in the vehicle being an easy target.
Armored cars would be used for long-range upfront reconnaissance and engagement. The kubelwagon is another "clown car" in the game.
14 Jul 2014, 21:56 PM

Armored cars would be used for long-range upfront reconnaissance and engagement. The kubelwagon is another "clown car" in the game.

You do realize the M3 is just called the "clown car" because it can carry 6 man infantry squads, right? Also, this game isn't trying hard to be ultra-realistic. If it was, every unit would have 10 health (one shot kill) and Tanks would go down in one hit, the only thing protecting them would be deflection chance, which for some weapons would very rarely penetrate and others always penetrate. I'm sure you wouldn't have fun in a game where the enemy MG 42 wiped out your Conscripts in 5 seconds and then his Panzer IV one-shot your T-34/85 because his gun shot first.
14 Jul 2014, 22:00 PM

It was a light military vehicle. It was not armored. Even with a machine gun attached the kubelwagon was not a solitary, long range scout. The kubelwagon could be taken out with rifle fire.

So, then exactly like how it is in game.

15 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 11:56 AMKatitof
Have you actually used its vet1 ability yet? No infantry will ever surprise you with it.

OMG, how could I overlook that ability?! It's great and really makes it useful throughout the game, thanks for that hint!

I'm pretty much building 2 all the time as my default opening BO

I also like to start with a Kübelwagen, but isn't two a little suicidal for mid to lategame?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
United States 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment