Login

russian armor

Switch M15AA with 57mm AT Gun

9 Jul 2014, 00:15 AM

Short and simple. Lets switch the dreaded M15AA halftrack with the 57mm AT gun for USF.

Why?

First and foremost it allows the M15AA halftrack to still be dangerous while arriving later on the field. Obviously this gives OST and OKW in particular more time to prepare a counter. This change would have the M15AA arrive at 140 fuel instead of the current 110 fuel. I feel this would give OKW some breathing room instead of being forced to save for Puma just to stay in the game a bit longer. For USA players, keep in mind that this will let the M15AA stay dangerous; there is little doubt the current M15AA must receive some hard nerfs to stay at its current arrival time.

I feel this will also balance out the USA tiers. Currently the Platoon provides Lt (anti inf), M20 (anti inf), .50 cal (anti inf), and the M15AA which should be anti inf despite currently being anti everything early game. Currently the Company provides captain (anti-tank), AT gun (anti tank), pack howie (anti inf) and stuart (anti inf/light armor).

Switching the 57mm and M15AA gives the platoon option some solid non-zook AT while complementing an anti-inf LT while the Company gets the anti-inf halftrack complemented but the anti-tank Captain.

It also lets an early USF player use more weapon teams instead of being limited to a rifle blob.

Thoughts?
9 Jul 2014, 00:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

9 Jul 2014, 00:35 AM

I don't play US at all but your arguments sound reasonable. There are issues with AA halftruck and lack of AT so it would help to balance them out.
9 Jul 2014, 01:56 AM

You can get Captain without the Lt, then what's the difference?
9 Jul 2014, 02:21 AM
Patrion 310

You can get Captain without the Lt, then what's the difference?

Probably the only difference is the extra fuel cost for the Captain vs the LT. It would delay the HT a small amount but not much really.
9 Jul 2014, 02:46 AM

The 57mm AT is useless. I've been playing US extensively and the only serious hard AT counter USF has is the Jackson. This topic sucks fat
9 Jul 2014, 02:53 AM

The 57mm AT is useless. I've been playing US extensively and the only serious hard AT counter USF has is the Jackson. This topic sucks fat

I quite like it. It's muni heavy if you want to take on heavy tanks, but focus sight is a great/ Vet it up (which it does quickly) and it offers some much needed long range punch for AT without the fuel sink.
9 Jul 2014, 04:24 AM

Yeah i agree tier 2 need the AT gun. tier 3 is the waist of fuel, only reason you get t3 is for the 57mm At gun. The other units in t3 like the stuite tank and the little howie come out to late to make any impact and cost WAY TO MUCH . I feel swapping these unit will make the tiers complement each other abit better and give usf abit better AT flexablity which i feel is lacking at the moment.
9 Jul 2014, 06:58 AM

Captain and Lieutenant differ in fuel by only 30. In any game, any US player is getting 20 fuel/minute anyway. At best, this will delay the AAHT by 1-2 minutes for people who skip Lieutenant completely and go Captain instead.

I don't like this idea because it would force me to go T2 to get ATGs out when I don't like going T2 simply because the Stuart and Pack Howi are in T3.
9 Jul 2014, 07:01 AM

9 Jul 2014, 07:05 AM

i like this idea. much better than nerfing more shit
m00
9 Jul 2014, 07:12 AM
Donator 11

Build a damn raketenwerfer, jeez.
9 Jul 2014, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2014, 07:12 AMm00
Build a damn raketenwerfer, jeez.

and what is the ostheer going to build? those 1-2 minutes could be vital for getting their pak out
9 Jul 2014, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2014, 08:15 AMJaigen

and what is the ostheer going to build? those 1-2 minutes could be vital for getting their pak out

5 min PaK?
9 Jul 2014, 09:32 AM

5 min PaK?

This is a joke right?

Right?
9 Jul 2014, 09:35 AM

why not nerf the both Flak halftrack, they still massacre infantry in a dozen. The dps is even greater than ostwinds. At least will solve light armor counters.
9 Jul 2014, 10:05 AM

also, fix the pack howie
9 Jul 2014, 11:04 AM

This is my ideal to make US player to be more tactical in gameplay.

Tier 1 : Rear Echelon / Rifleman/ Pack Howie

- No more Ambulance. This means that USF can't just go tier 2, fast LT and then tier 4 with Major and having a mobile retreat point that let them healing + reinforce + AA halftrack to fucked you up

- A Pack Howie will let USF to have some arty firepower at the begining of the game like Soviet/OKW.

This will make USF play style to be more tactical then just rifleman spam. Consider that Pack howie cost is 480manpower at first, USF can't just make a lot of Rifleman or he will not have enough manpower to unlock any tier fast enough

Tier 2: M20 Utility Car / Ambulance / AT gun

- This tier acting as a support for Rifleman.

- Lt having 1 BAR + Thompson will improve the anti-infantry power for USF.

- With M20 Utility car, you can scout and plant anti-tank on the fields.

- Ambulance let Rifleman to be heal/ reinfore from the field

- AT gun to deal with tanks.

Choosing to go tier 2, USF players have the units he need to support Rifleman but also no unit got heavy firepower like the stuart/ AA Halftrack to break the front line. USF will have to depend on their Rifleman to open the way and those Tier 2 units are there just to support them only.

Tier 3: Stuart / AA Halftrack / MG

- This tier let the USF got the early firepower he need.

- Captain got 2 Bazooka will improve the anti-tank fire power for USF

- .50cal HMG Team to defend territory.

- AA Halftrack will be the anti - infantry/ light vehicles. Later in game they can just turn into AA mode to kill enemy planes.

- Stuart can deal with infantry but also better against light - vehicles ( Thanks to his ability, make him still useful in late game )

Choosing to go tier 3, USF will have the heavy fire power he need to create a opening or deal massive damage against enemy infantry and light vehicles ( using AA half-track, Stuart ) and to lock down area using the .50cal HMG team.

But also he will have to accept the risk that Rifleman will need to fully retreat back to base to get reinforcement and no healing power from the Ambulance. Also, Stuart and AA Half-track can only deal with light vehicles only so he doesn't have any true anti-tank against enemy medium tanks.

Having Pack Howie as tier 0 will let the Rifleman to have a more tactical way of playing.
-------------------------------------------------

If USF going tier 2 and 4, they will have the ability to make a mobile retreat point on the map thanks to Major + ambulance and have a solid defend and scout the map in early game ( M20 + AT gun ) .

The punishment for that is no heavy firepower units in early game.

If USF going tier 3 and 4, they will have heavy firepower at first but will suffer a lot if they lost any of those unit ( AA halftrack , stuart ).

Also, they don't have any anti-tank weapon as AT gun meaning they will have to depend on tier 4 to deal with tanks and this could be tricky if enemy got your fuels.

if USF going tier 3 and then back to 2, they have a solid early attack and can be able to build defend after that. The punishment for them is that they can't get any medium tanks or tank destroyer like the first 2 playstyle
9 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM

5 min PaK?

And this is the reason you should not talk balance at all. yes 5 minutes pak is possible but at the same time you forget that the US has perhaps most powerful starting infantry in the game and you will be hard pressed to keep map control if you are forced to buy a pak so early.
9 Jul 2014, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2014, 11:49 AMJaigen

And this is the reason you should not talk balance at all. yes 5 minutes pak is possible but at the same time you forget that the US has perhaps most powerful starting infantry in the game and you will be hard pressed to keep map control if you are forced to buy a pak so early.

You might want to incorporate something more then grens into your BO against US.

I advise MG or sniper, especially the sniper that will bleed them out quickly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★