Login

russian armor

The infamous T/34 spam....

8 Jul 2014, 22:46 PM

T/34's need an increase in fuel cost and a decrease in turrent rotation. The only thing the OKW has to attempt to stop this spam is a panther which cost 175 fuel and more man power. And some of you might say 'what about the (i forgot the name) tank that you can build in the health headquarters? One that is 135 fuel, two it doesn't have an independent turrent so people just go around them and is annoying as fuck, and lastly it has same amount of armor. Overpriced compared to a T/34. I don't get T/34 spammed by myself, it happens in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 maatches. (I also keep my flank under control so no it isn't my tactics)
8 Jul 2014, 22:49 PM

Oh..... Have you ever tried mines or Panzershrecks with Raketen-43s + a Jagdpanzer. They work perfectly together. Those T-34s won't try to kite your tank 'cause of the infantry held AT.
8 Jul 2014, 22:50 PM

T34/76s are not good enough to warrant a higher fuel cost.
8 Jul 2014, 22:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What is puma?
8 Jul 2014, 23:08 PM

I managed to kill 4 t34's with my jagdpanzer after the rest of my army got raped. Then i got beaten by a super speedy m4C, but OKW does have strategical counters to the annoying things that wipe half your squad ( and t34's can barely pen jagdpanzer frontal armor)
8 Jul 2014, 23:10 PM

T/34's need an increase in fuel cost and a decrease in turrent rotation. The only thing the OKW has to attempt to stop this spam is a panther which cost 175 fuel and more man power. And some of you might say 'what about the (i forgot the name) tank that you can build in the health headquarters? One that is 135 fuel, two it doesn't have an independent turrent so people just go around them and is annoying as fuck, and lastly it has same amount of armor. Overpriced compared to a T/34. I don't get T/34 spammed by myself, it happens in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 maatches. (I also keep my flank under control so no it isn't my tactics)

8 Jul 2014, 23:29 PM

Puma has absolutely no armor to even be effective against a T/34 and the Jagdpanzer IV gets circled way too easily. The volksgrenadiers with shreks can be effective yet they their fire rate is atrocious and get killed before they can shoot 2 rockets. The AT gun can be killed easily by 2 T/34's. And yes T/34 should get a fuel increase because they are to cheap for their effectiveness against the Germans.
8 Jul 2014, 23:32 PM

Thats why puma and Jagdpanzer outrange most things. Jagdpanzer gets circled too often my ass, use reverse or use your peripheral vision or volks to spot around.
8 Jul 2014, 23:32 PM

I assume you mean the T-34/85. It's the best generalist medium tank in the game, very difficult to fight as OKW. I wouldn't call it OP though, rather the Panther (it's proper counter) is a difficult to access.
8 Jul 2014, 23:42 PM

My point is OKW doesn't have any good medium tanks to counter that T/34 that Soviet players seem to love spamming mid-late game. Yes we have the Jagdpanzer IV but when being spammed it is circled far too easily
8 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

USE VGRENS WITH SHREKS
9 Jul 2014, 00:08 AM
Patrion 310

My point is OKW doesn't have any good medium tanks to counter that T/34 that Soviet players seem to love spamming mid-late game. Yes we have the Jagdpanzer IV but when being spammed it is circled far too easily

The Rak43's are really nice, especially vs medium tanks. Many players seem to ignore them as well. Get a couple of shrecks on your volks and a Jagdpanzer. Keep your JPIV at range, reverse is your friend.

Also, if your expecting a Puma to win vs a T-341v1 when fighting within the T-34's range you are doing it wrong, Puma's have better range than most tanks. Use that to your advantage.
9 Jul 2014, 00:39 AM

Puma has absolutely no armor to even be effective against a T/34 and the Jagdpanzer IV gets circled way too easily. The volksgrenadiers with shreks can be effective yet they their fire rate is atrocious and get killed before they can shoot 2 rockets. The AT gun can be killed easily by 2 T/34's. And yes T/34 should get a fuel increase because they are to cheap for their effectiveness against the Germans.

If handled correctly Puma can 1 on 1 T-34/76 especially when you jam the turret. Maybe it won't kill it all the time but it's definitely capable of causing heavy damage or retreat.
9 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM
Donator 11

Thats why puma and Jagdpanzer outrange most things. Jagdpanzer gets circled too often my ass, use reverse or use your peripheral vision or volks to spot around.

k i never want to hear the argument again from a soviet player that a single su-85 gets circled easily.
9 Jul 2014, 01:47 AM

The SU-85 can even see the enemy coming ahead of time as well, either through focus forward or tracking.
9 Jul 2014, 09:26 AM

I think the Jagdpanzer is doing fine against T34s from my experience. You have to use Panzerschrecks etc. to cover your back if you go into a position where your Jagdpanzer can be flanked. If you use it defensively and just drive backwards while fighting, the enemy cannot flank it that easily though usually.

Good mines can also win you games; if you damage the engine on one tank your Jagdpanzer should have no problems to destroy it. But good mine placement is difficult and not always do you have munition left.

Jagdpanzer also has good armor from what I know, it is not "the same amount of armor".

What you have to be careful about is the Mark Vehicle commander ability which in my opinion is a silly ability, and obviously Guards Rifle buttoning your vehicle (which is another reason to use the Jagdpanzer defensively and only move it in if you are sure that you can risk it to finish a vehicle off).
9 Jul 2014, 09:31 AM

Use 2-3 raketenwerfer and give them LOS to T-34.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★