Login

russian armor

American weapon wymbols

6 Jul 2014, 11:51 AM

There are a few problems with the US Forces weapon symbols. (Bar,Lmg,Bazooka)

1. Bar and LMG are really hard to tell apart. The easiest way to distinguish between bar and lmg is the weapon sound.
2. You can't tell whether a unit has two weapons or not. Sometimes there are rifles running around with a BAR symbol and they have a bazooka at the same time. That's confusing for both sides. Both weapons should be shown in the interface and if a unit has two weaopns of the same type it should be visible as well.

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title lol.
6 Jul 2014, 12:08 PM

1) I don't really have a problem with that ( It's just because I'm a WW2 game whore :D ).

2) Totally Agreed. Also the US players can exploit this by using Lt and equip them with Bazooka ( I have see some players charge their vehicles right into Lt because they think that this squad never equip bazooka but meh, not happening a lot ).

it would be nice to show a icon above their head whenever they have M1919, BAR or Bazooka.
6 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Maybe if there was a little window somewhere in the unit portrait that showed the weapon slots of the squad.
6 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

If the unit portrait had a set of white boxes of weapon length relevent to the slots it had to pick items up, it would help easy identification, yes.

Of course, some weapon upgrades do not take slots. We would have to change the portrait for PPSH conscripts, for example as they are a different squad but the PPSH does not limit weapon pickups.

Guards would be odd as they have PTRS they can drop but they occupy no weapon slot for said guards, as far as I know.
6 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 12:08 PMKyle
1) I don't really have a problem with that ( It's just because I'm a WW2 game whore :D ).

2) Totally Agreed. Also the US players can exploit this by using Lt and equip them with Bazooka ( I have see some players charge their vehicles right into Lt because they think that this squad never equip bazooka but meh, not happening a lot ).

it would be nice to show a icon above their head whenever they have M1919, BAR or Bazooka.

That'd be neat actually, instead of one weapon being displayed above the squad, the model holding a special weapon has that weapon's icon floating above him. It's either that or weapons stack in the squad bar, like it is now except showing all types.
6 Jul 2014, 20:18 PM

That would clutter the UI.

Imagine the horrible clutter of a Con squad that upgraded with PPSh-41s and then picked up a DP, PTRS, and dropped Bazooka. Your screen would have more floating garbage than your average RIFT trash-cleaning raid.

And we're forgetting how cluttered CoH2's cartoony UI already is.

We're able to make due with it now, and us old-timers put up with it in vCoH. It's fine. Once that rifle squad unleashes a rocket towards your vehicle you'll show them a little more respect from then on out, won't you?
6 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

I don't see how it's cluttered, although I do know some hardcore vCoH fans don't like being able to see unit status for some unfathomable reason.
7 Jul 2014, 05:23 AM

vCoH is love.

vCoH is life.

Never forgive (lack of modding support in CoH2), never forget!
7 Jul 2014, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 11:51 AMQubix
There are a few problems with the US Forces weapon symbols. (Bar,Lmg,Bazooka)

1. Bar and LMG are really hard to tell apart. The easiest way to distinguish between bar and lmg is the weapon sound.
2. You can't tell whether a unit has two weapons or not. Sometimes there are rifles running around with a BAR symbol and they have a bazooka at the same time. That's confusing for both sides. Both weapons should be shown in the interface and if a unit has two weaopns of the same type it should be visible as well.

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title lol.

+1

Agreed. However Relic decide to solve it, easier identification of riflemen's (and officers, elite infantry) equipment would be most welcome.
7 Jul 2014, 07:41 AM

Yes this something I totally agree with. For both players it is annoying to not see which weapons a squad has equipped.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★