Login

russian armor

Infantry Blobs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
9 Jul 2014, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2014, 20:03 PMNapalm
ISU, love it and hate it, was an effective blob counter. Obviously, that was over powered and corrected.

was? it still is. they only nerfed its range. its still ridiculously strong and counters anything short of a jagdtiger.
9 Jul 2014, 23:04 PM

Anyone want to play a 1v1 and try their darndest to blob against me and see how it works out for them?

I think you guys are failing to realize that artillery is already more accurate against blobs. It's called more surface area of the bombardment zone being full of juicy meatbags. Adding an aura to discourage blobbing is just stupid. I don't care if CoH1 did it, it was stupid then too.

9 Jul 2014, 23:16 PM

Anyone want to play a 1v1 and try their darndest to blob against me and see how it works out for them?

I think you guys are failing to realize that artillery is already more accurate against blobs. It's called more surface area of the bombardment zone being full of juicy meatbags. Adding an aura to discourage blobbing is just stupid. I don't care if CoH1 did it, it was stupid then too.

I dont think anyone said its particularly effective. Just boring and sometimes rewarding if you didnt blob back at that spot.

If I wanted to play a Zombie Survival game with hordes of undead running at me I have other games for that. The human wave tactic is just boring to beat. I would like to just be able to END that play hard. As it stands you CAN end it hard if you get lucky but most times you gotta retreat then blob back and punish the skilless players lack of micro etc etc etc.

Very very boring gameplay. Feels like playing the same game over and over again because those players make it to the mid tier and you need to beat them back down into their rightful elo spot quite often.

Its not what Turning point gameplay was. That was fun. This is not.
9 Jul 2014, 23:24 PM

blob is a terrible mechanic, but the problem of then is when making in early game... usf riflemens with bars etc... in early game is hard do deal with it some times.. in later stages you should be able to use many options to deal with it.

i think my idea is not that bad and is a reallistic possibility

would disencourage the use of it! player should use strategic decisions this is not age of empires!
10 Jul 2014, 00:26 AM

My suggestion would be to classify blobbing as 3 or more infantry squads moving together either in a particular radius or in one command. The penalty would be that those squads moving together out in the open should have negative cover similar to when moving on an open street. The red shield would be displayed next to the infantry icon letting both the players know that blobbing incurs extra damage.
10 Jul 2014, 00:33 AM

By the time that you get to real artillery, blobs have already won the game for your opponent. Mortars / infantry support guns cannot stop a blob. They best you can hope for is for a mortar to kill a few troops before they swarm over you and squadwipe all your units.
10 Jul 2014, 01:42 AM

If I wanted to play a Zombie Survival game with hordes of undead running at me I have other games for that. The human wave tactic is just boring to beat. I would like to just be able to END that play hard. As it stands you CAN end it hard if you get lucky but most times you gotta retreat then blob back and punish the skilless players lack of micro etc etc etc.

Learn to use grenades, then you can dominate blobs and not retreat. Seriously, if you know how to use your abilities blobs are worthless and cost your opponent way more resources.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 00:33 AMVulture

By the time that you get to real artillery, blobs have already won the game for your opponent. Mortars / infantry support guns cannot stop a blob. They best you can hope for is for a mortar to kill a few troops before they swarm over you and squadwipe all your units.

CoH2 is the most forgiving RTS game there ever was. You literally could not cap anything and it will still take 15 minutes for you to lose.

Proper support weapon usage will definitely stop blobs. If he's rushing you with a blob of squads, a single machine gun will stop them in their tracks. Then they're fodder for any of your other units, including your mortar.

All these suggestions for anti-blob auras are ridiculously "scrubby". It's akin to when in a fighting game people complain about repeatedly being thrown. It's an anti-competitive attitude, where instead of improving your own play to beat a strategy you're instead calling for the developers to gimp it so people stop doing it.

10 Jul 2014, 02:30 AM

Learn to use grenades, then you can dominate blobs and not retreat. Seriously, if you know how to use your abilities blobs are worthless and cost your opponent way more resources.

CoH2 is the most forgiving RTS game there ever was. You literally could not cap anything and it will still take 15 minutes for you to lose.

Proper support weapon usage will definitely stop blobs. If he's rushing you with a blob of squads, a single machine gun will stop them in their tracks. Then they're fodder for any of your other units, including your mortar.

All these suggestions for anti-blob auras are ridiculously "scrubby". It's akin to when in a fighting game people complain about repeatedly being thrown. It's an anti-competitive attitude, where instead of improving your own play to beat a strategy you're instead calling for the developers to gimp it so people stop doing it.

Lets see your player card please.

Anyway using nades with 30% less munitions isnt that easy. Perfect example last game every nade I threw was dodged. You sir either

A.) Havent played anyone with skill

B.) Dont play all factions

C.) Both

D.) Are actually good at one faction ignore the others and are otherwise silly if you think blobbing is OK and easily punished.
10 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

this is the case of either, players are expecting to hold back a force of 1400mp with a 700mp worth of soldiers BUT with a blob counter.

2 grens + 1 mg42 will never stop 5 rifles charging down even blobbed up. but 3 grens 2 mg42s will do the job nicely.

or they really dont use blob counters and went head on with the blob, losing out in quantity and quality.
10 Jul 2014, 03:49 AM

Or they do know the counters use them and are really bored with the meta and want it to be discouraged. Along the lines of what Elbe day and turning point did to infantry combat.
10 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

Anyway using nades with 30% less munitions isnt that easy. Perfect example last game every nade I threw was dodged. You sir either

Please stop looking at it as "30% less resources". All of the faction's expenses are designed around their income. (Performance of their units and having increased levels of vet which greatly rewards unit preservation) They have less munitions sinks than other factions, and ways to supplement that income transferred resources.

Learn to throw nades properly. It's an art, I'll admit. Against a blob, you really shouldn't be missing grenades.

I play every faction at a high level of play. (Top 100)
Come at me bro.

Or they do know the counters use them and are really bored with the meta and want it to be discouraged. Along the lines of what Elbe day and turning point did to infantry combat.

The meta changes when people curbstomp it so well that it doesn't work anymore.

So uh, clearly not.

There's not even really a metagame at this point yet anyway. Everyone is still doing boring shit like halftrack rushing and no one has even gleaned the surface of the new factions yet.

10 Jul 2014, 04:03 AM

I don't think it's mid or late game people have trouble with blobbing, it's blobbing in the early game when you have limited options to deal with it. Or I could be wrong in that.
10 Jul 2014, 04:39 AM

exactly .. problem is early ! but this blob shit have to go anyways .. i stick with some adjustements in damage taken for blobing!
10 Jul 2014, 04:57 AM

Give all MGs more damage and suppresion. Massive 6-7 squads blobs won't appear anymore. While we're at it, why is my MG42 gunner daydreaming for one second then starts shooting?
10 Jul 2014, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 04:57 AMsteel
Give all MGs more damage and suppresion. Massive 6-7 squads blobs won't appear anymore. While we're at it, why is my MG42 gunner daydreaming for one second then starts shooting?

Then we wouldn't be having squad blobs, but instead mg blobs. Flashback to the beginning of the game. MG42 and Maxim paradise.

#OneProblemWillLeadToAnother

Take of that +25% received accuracy for weapon crews so they don't get steamrolled so fast.

Then we can just kill blobs with MG's and mortars, as the Good Lord intended.

Also OKW wire is wonderful and more people should use it. Myself included.

Accept dullahans challenge or shut up fools.
10 Jul 2014, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 05:23 AMDanielD
Accept dullahans challenge or shut up fools.

I accept, show us your steam profile, let me blob the crap out of you tonight. :)
10 Jul 2014, 05:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 05:23 AMjoebill
Take of that +25% received accuracy for weapon crews so they don't get steamrolled so fast.

Then we can just kill blobs with MG's and mortars, as the Good Lord intended.

Also OKW wire is wonderful and more people should use it. Myself included.

And we're back to the point where Sov conscripts are unable to reliably kill flanked crew weapons.

As Von said already, one problem leads to another.

Alternative would be to stop spamming grens and L2P with what tools you have at your disposal.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS