Login

russian armor

Faction polarity is way too high. Game isn't fun.

5 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

It's not that the game is imbalanced. It's that whoever balanced the game did a very very poor job of balancing it in a way that is fun

As it is, USA early game is devastating. But their late game is completely lackluster. Vice versa for the OKW. That forces anyone who wants to win to:

1. Abuse OP units to the max because the USA can only win in the early game and the OKW can only win if it survives to the late game
2. Rely on bullshit to carry victory. USA must drive the flaktrack hard and kill off as many OKW units as possible and try to spawn lock them. The OKW must spam automatic weapons and artillery within a campfest that is reminiscent of the British.

Relic should get it's head out of its ass and nerf the USA early game slightly, the OKW late game slightly, buff the USA late game slightly, and buff the OKW early game slightly. The game is way way too polar and it simply isn't fun, regardless if its balanced.
5 Jul 2014, 20:35 PM

Its fun, because relic tried that already year ago with Ost and sovs.
And see how that ended up for both armies being equal across game stages at the end.

The main difference is, I just can not see OKW early game being strong or USF being weak because of faction design.
5 Jul 2014, 20:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I'm having fun... But now you've turned my world upside down.
5 Jul 2014, 20:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Beware the Bad Wrong Fun
5 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Play mixed teams, that cancels out weaknesses in early/lategame as well as army composition perfectly. By swapping faction with one of your mates you can also prevent it from getting repetitive :P
5 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM

I dunno, it's pretty fun :) There are imbalances and annoying things ubt overall I enjoy it :D

That said, I kinda agree with OP. Soften US early game and soften OKW late game

And NERF THE SHIT OUT OF MAXIMS AND ISU!!!1111!!!!
6 Jul 2014, 03:40 AM

I'm primarily a 1v1 player I should clarify, so I am inherently biased there.

Nonetheless, if they don't overdo it, which is obviously impossible, then they don't have to end up at a deadlock like Soviets and Ostheer being equal everywhere. They literally just have to not be retarded. It really is that simple. A large amount of tiny buffs and nerfs will go so much farther than trying what they're currently doing, which is buffing and nerfing 1 or 2 things to hell.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 6
Germany 632

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak