Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
5 Jul 2014, 17:24 PM

I play 3v3 and 4v4, and as far as OKW units go, I think Obersoldaten are a little over the top, but for the most part the faction is about where it should be

Except the strongest artillery (bonus points for being non-doctrinal) in the game: the Stuka zu Fus

Sturmtiger can't even hold a candle, this thing wipes more squads than any other arty in the game. I think it's mostly due to the creeping barrage it gets by default (why?). Dropping shells with precision not only on top of your units, but in their retreat path? Why why why why

I've had to veto two of my favorite maps, Angermuende and Ettelbruck Station because of this one unit, since a lot of OKW know it's only a matter of time before Hitler's Fist is on the field.
5 Jul 2014, 17:27 PM
Patrion 310

In my experience, its far better than the priest simply because it fires all shells at the same time, rather than every few seconds. Its not uncommon to get 10+ kills when attacking a large blob of infantry. The priest is OK don't get me wrong, but you have a big chance to avoid that because you can just move out of the way after the first shot. Not to mention the priest is doctrinal and is more expensive.

I feel it also makes the Katuysha and Panzerfer pretty crap in comparison.
5 Jul 2014, 17:44 PM

It's like a fucking nuclear weapon.
5 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

Well OKW don't have any doctrinal arty...this is all they got.Punishes usa blobbing and soviet weapon team spam badly.
5 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM

It is pretty damn absurd.

If it just scattered a few shells, like some sort of massive, massive Panzerwerfer? I'd maybe buy it.

But all six shots come at once, unlike the priest. And it has no scatter. It draws a perfect line wherever you want in a creeping barrage (costs a priest 50muni and takes an age).

On small cramped maps, where you can keep it base bound, it's brutal for the cost. Crossing in the Woods is a pretty solid example.

It's not just a blob punihsher, it's outright point and click blanket retreat or lose at least one squad. Total overkill.
5 Jul 2014, 19:03 PM

Yes please, and nerf it fast, I cant seem to win with maxim spam anymore, ffs.
5 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

As already noted it is not like OKW have anything else, and their units are suppossed to be expensive but effective or cheap and well vetted.
5 Jul 2014, 19:17 PM

As already noted it is not like OKW have anything else, and their units are suppossed to be expensive but effective or cheap and well vetted.

Agreed. +1
5 Jul 2014, 19:23 PM

Exactly.

Stuka is effective, but its not like OKW have other option for effective indirect fire and ISG won't cut it against well fortified frontline with armor.

They don't have affordable offmaps or buildable on map arty.
Stuka is punishing, but getting it means one puma/jpanzer less and OKW doesn't swim in fuel really.
5 Jul 2014, 22:00 PM

Stuka means that OKW tanks will be delayed by 100 fuel. It punishes blobing and support weapon spam. I prefer support gun tbh as it fires more often.
5 Jul 2014, 22:03 PM

For the investment, the actual damage output with cooldown seems not too bad, really. I may exaggerate some on the count.

The only thing that really kills it for me is the absence of any scatter from Vet 0. One nigh on perfect line, draw at your leisure. If the walking barrage was Vet 1 & munitions, as the Priest is, I reckon the entire unit would be a lot more reasonable.

Just my two cents, I guess.
5 Jul 2014, 23:01 PM

A good start for me would be to give it a normal AoE circle for the barrage, and then have creeping barrage be its vet ability and cost munitions
5 Jul 2014, 23:45 PM

So Don't blob!

It's an anti-blob weapon which is the heart of CoH.

If you wan to blob without being punished - go to Starcraft. If you want to play a game without mindless blobbing, play this one. If you don't blob, the Stuka won't hurt so much.
5 Jul 2014, 23:46 PM

A good start for me would be to give it a normal AoE circle for the barrage, and then have creeping barrage be its vet ability and cost munitions

That would be even more OP! :clap:

Its straight line is not useful to me as most of the shells dont hit anything. Ever used its second attack? I am assuming you are wanting it to be like that, and that attack kills all infantry in its radius. It makes soviet doctrinal incendary barrage look like some drunk commisar tried to fire some napalm fireworks in mortars. If it is changed like that, hell, i would use it even more!
5 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM

If you wan to blob without being punished - go to Starcraft.

*Cringe*
6 Jul 2014, 00:21 AM

So Don't blob!

It's an anti-blob weapon which is the heart of CoH.

If you wan to blob without being punished - go to Starcraft. If you want to play a game without mindless blobbing, play this one. If you don't blob, the Stuka won't hurt so much.

Are you actually this dumb?
6 Jul 2014, 00:41 AM

The unit is fine. Given the amount of blobbing done by US/Soviets, it's the only reliable counter. If you're blobbing 4 squads and then bitching about them dying on retreat, you gotta stop blobbing.
It fires along a narrow line, and generally doesn't hit much if your units are spread out.

And seriously, it costs OKW 100 fuel. That severely reduces their AT capability, by preventing them going Jagdpanzer or a Panther.
6 Jul 2014, 01:15 AM

Are you actually this dumb?

Don't go full retard. Never go full retard.

You can hear it firing. You can guess its target. And even if you miss it - if you haven't been blobbing 4-5 units, you will not lose too much.

Don't call people dumb when they disagree with you. You might be wrong.
6 Jul 2014, 01:35 AM

What a shock, the guy with the SS officer avatar supports the instagib german arty unit.

The unit is fine. Given the amount of blobbing done by US/Soviets, it's the only reliable counter. If you're blobbing 4 squads and then bitching about them dying on retreat, you gotta stop blobbing.
It fires along a narrow line, and generally doesn't hit much if your units are spread out.

And seriously, it costs OKW 100 fuel. That severely reduces their AT capability, by preventing them going Jagdpanzer or a Panther.

Let's lie and pretend majority of the team game maps aren't riddled with choke points. It's still very effective on open maps.

You realize it's not just an anti blob weapon right? It's guaranteed weapon team wipes, and has a very high chance of squad wipes, dropping it on a blob is just icing on the cake.

Sturmtiger at least has to get in rather close range, and the B4 is on a crappy doctrine and is stationary. The halftrack rolls up, unloads its silly creeping barrage in your retreat path, then scoots away to safety.
6 Jul 2014, 01:40 AM

Only effective late game vetted US blob counter out there for OKW. MGs just get overwhelmed.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
unknown 6
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %