1. Setup a 4v4 with 7 ai
2. Have 3 friendly expert OKH players
3. Have 3 enemy hard Soviet players
4. 1 enemy expert Soviet
5. Start the game
6. Press alt-enter to set the game in window mode
7. Enjoy your life
8. Come back in 30 minutes and start anew

You'll have an elite but badly outnumbered OKW force fighting against a badly led but massive Soviet force. It'll be a cool, fair fight that earns you War Spoils while you do nothing.

There's literally no reason not to do this all the time too. Before going to work, fire up a game! Maybe tweak the armies to have it last as long as possible. Bonus points for remote desktop

Enjoy your War Spoils!
5 Jul 2014, 19:04 PM

Has anyone else used this before?
5 Jul 2014, 20:44 PM

5 Jul 2014, 21:10 PM

Game doesn't pause when you alt-enter?
5 Jul 2014, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

Game doesn't pause when you alt-enter?

not when it's in window mode
5 Jul 2014, 22:18 PM

This is quite possible the saddest thing I have read on this site.

That's quite an impressive achievement.
5 Jul 2014, 22:23 PM

This is quite possible the saddest thing I have read on this site.

That's quite an impressive achievement.

Its not really.

Its just a direct implication of relic absolutely HORRIBLE choices regarding certain features.

They could implement war spoils for people who don't want to pay and leave commanders buyable for people who want them and afford them, but noooo, mighty relic needs to make a leap forward and break a leg at the same time.

And the worst thing is, war spoils system is NOT FINISHED, because obviously double commanders/loot are intentional and do have a purpose, but relic didn't/couldn't implement whatever they wanted for whatever reasons leading to taking away what worked and replacing it with half arsed solution that doesn't work AT ALL, because its incomplete.
6 Jul 2014, 03:05 AM

+1 for Katitof ( First time ever I agreed with you about something :D )

What Relic was trying to do with War Spoils was:
This is one small step for Coh2, one giant leap for Relic Developer .

- The pepper eating guy

Sadly, Relic didn't know how to walk properly and broke both of their legs.

Now we are on the same boat and trap in the ocean until someone fix Relic's legs and guide them how to do their job.
6 Jul 2014, 03:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 03:05 AMKyle

Now we are on the same boat with them and this boat is going around and around in the ocean until someone fix their legs and help them finish the trip back to the main land.

Legs? Boat? That analogy was all over the place man.
6 Jul 2014, 03:25 AM

Hahaha I had 8 beers when watching World cup match last night + being a asian guy self-study english from video games doesn't help me much :D.
6 Jul 2014, 03:33 AM

The buddy system might be efficient for this. If your computer can take it, setup a match with a buddy and have him go afk. You'll be on opposite teams, making for an ai 3v3.

For 12 hours, simply keep the battles going and rehost when necessary. After 12 hours, have him watch the games. Let's innovate this to force relic to change the war spoils system!
6 Jul 2014, 04:29 AM
Patrion 27

I've set up about 4 custom games that were 9+ hours against AI by going 1v1 on Steppes vs an easy AI. They will NOT cap the map whatsoever until you start exploring the map, by then you will have 9999 of every resource. I have had a couple of bulletins drop for the new factions but that's about it. I think you're better off just playing real matches.

P.S. the current system sucks ass.
6 Jul 2014, 04:31 AM

I've set up about 4 custom games that were 9+ hours against AI by going 1v1 on Steppes vs an easy AI. They will NOT cap the map whatsoever until you start exploring the map, by then you will have 9999 of every resource. I have had a couple of bulletins drop for the new factions but that's about it. I think you're better off just playing real matches.

P.S. the current system sucks ass.

The idea is to do it while you're afk or attending to other matters on the computer. Maybe I'm playing 2048, browsing this forum, and watching some YouTube videos. In the background, I'm also winning war spoils
6 Jul 2014, 04:42 AM

An easier version might be to just setup a 1v1 with an easy AI. They won't cap the map until you start exploring it, afaik. So you could sit there for hours.
6 Jul 2014, 07:43 AM

War spoils, just like the DLC stuff earlier, should have been limited to cosmetic things. All commanders should be available to all players from the beginning.
6 Jul 2014, 08:53 AM

to me the new system doesnt feel rewarding - mostly because of that random drop chance and those duplicates - maybe relic could make the drops bound to daily quests like in hearthstone
6 Jul 2014, 08:58 AM

to me the new system doesnt feel rewarding - mostly because of that random drop chance and those duplicates - maybe relic could make the drops bound to daily quests like in hearthstone

I agree with this. I think the War Spoils system is a Huge step forward, but at the moment I have no idea how and when and if I'm ever going to get a new commander while some people seem to be getting them fairly regularly.

There're probably more factors than just playtime, but damned if I know what.
6 Jul 2014, 09:23 AM

i think keeping the prev buletin ( achiv based ) system and adding those extra drops based on some small chance of like 1% after each game would be much more beneficial - and for gods sake make a scripts that checks for those dammed duplicates
6 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

If the system is currently as broken as it is - why not exploit the heck of it?

I have the feeling Relic is just reading this but not giving a single fuck to tell us whats going on and what they are thinking. And now everyone who doesnt want to grind for duplicate useless bulletins, can use these exploits. Its not cheating, fair enough.
6 Jul 2014, 09:29 AM

You know the system is badly broken when people can exploit it and STILL get screwed by it over and over again.

Even if everyone grinded constantly it would probably still take them months to actually get bulletins and commanders they actually want and would use.

....so very, very broken.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak